Sponsored

Ford imposing penalties on dealers who don't sell to original reservation holder?

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

The penalty is to the dealer, not the customer though.

Yeah, I get that, but if you order one knowing you aren't buying, then you should get a penalty, and that's why some dealers charge a nonrefundable deposit.
Sponsored

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Yeah, I get that, but if you order one knowing you aren't buying, then you should get a penalty, and that's why some dealers charge a nonrefundable deposit.
Why? Because it might back your delivery up a week? If you're using D Plan I completely agree.I have zero connection to any dealer. Just trying to keep my options open, since we still don't have much information. And to be honest, I've never ordered a vehicle, never even bought a new one. If I do go with @Granger Ford or @StephensAutoCenter, I don't want to screw the good guys over

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why? Because it might back your delivery up a week? If you're using D Plan I completely agree.I have zero connection to any dealer. Just trying to keep my options open, since we still don't have much information. And to be honest, I've never ordered a vehicle, never even bought a new one. If I do go with @Granger Ford or @StephensAutoCenter, I don't want to screw the good guys over
Then be sure and tell them you aren't buying the Bronco you're ordering when you place the order.

Mac n Nevada

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser/2019 Jeep GC Trailhawk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe it's more about screwing over the guy who only ordered one and was backed up by your optional order and misses the cut. The dealer will probably be fine with a few orders that customers backed out on, local Joe waiting for his is the one who gets penalized.

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Here is where i have a problem with this

Things can change up until the delivery time such as interest rates,job changes,life changes,the Bronco they deliver to you has an issue or you dont really like it for some legit reason during the test drive,etc

They have you by the balls if they wont refund a deposit.Not my cup of tea.

Sponsored

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Here is where i have a problem with this

Things can change up until the delivery time such as interest rates,job changes,life changes,the Bronco they deliver to you has an issue or you dont really like it for some legit reason during the test drive,etc

They have you by the balls if they wont refund a deposit.Not my cup of tea.

That's a different story, because yes, things do happen. He says he wants to order two and buy one, so he knows up front he's not buying one of them. People that order stuff without the intention of buying is where nonrefundable or large deposits come from. I don't like it either, but if people are going to order stuff with no intention to buy, then you have to expect the dealer to want more up front.

WNC_Bronco

Black Diamond
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Tacoma 4x4,2017 Honda Civic LX
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's a different story, because yes, things do happen. He says he wants to order two and buy one, so he knows up front he's not buying one of them. People that order stuff without the intention of buying is where nonrefundable or large deposits come from. I don't like it either, but if people are going to order stuff with no intention to buy, then you have to expect the dealer to want more up front.
Ok but if they are through 2 different dealers they wont know so how could they charge a deposit if they dont know he has 2 reservations that he ordered to be able to charge a deposit?

They wont,so they cant

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok but if they are through 2 different dealers they wont know so how could they charge a deposit if they dont know he has 2 reservations that he ordered to be able to charge a deposit?

They wont,so they cant
Interesting...i don't think that question has ever been asked?

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maybe it's more about screwing over the guy who only ordered one and was backed up by your optional order and misses the cut. The dealer will probably be fine with a few orders that customers backed out on, local Joe waiting for his is the one who gets penalized.
Anybody can reserve and order two if they wanted, four, or six, or 8 depending on how many email addresses you have

I just don't want to get stuck with a worse price option, or something that I wish I would have done differently when I see it in person. A second $100 was definitely worth it to me to keep my options open

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Anybody can reserve and order two if they wanted, four, or six, or 8 depending on how many email addresses you have

I just don't want to get stuck with a worse price option, or something that I wish I would have done differently when I see it in person. A second $100 was definitely worth it to me to keep my options open
The second $100 is fully refundable, and harmless if not converted. You are talking about ordering, and having built, a complete $50k vehicle for no greater purpose than your own edification. Best the competing dealers parade these models in front of you whilst u stand on a platform like Cesar and give one a thumbs up and one a thumbs down? All the while us meager plebs wait patiently to pay msrp+ for your discards? All I can offer you is a chair your highness!

tenor.gif

Sponsored

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

They wont,so they cant
I've seen several people today claim they will now order 2 to try and get around the change Ford made and cancel 1 of them. It seems like every time Ford reacts, customers come up with a way to try defeat it.

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Good grief. I sure as hell didn't mean to whack the hornets nest. I got my first reservation the first night and after following up with these threads, I put my second one in the day after as an insurance policy. With Ford being so discreet with info and only a couple dealers being honest, I think it's paid off so far. Chances are I'm only going to order one anyway, I think I know what I want (today), I was just speculating what to do two months from now

Bradava1

Black Diamond
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fiesta ST
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Man these threads are comical at this point. So many clueless. Entitlement at its finest. We want the hottest vehicle to be released in the last however many years and we want it now. We would also like the option to back out at the last second for any reason. We would also like it to be sold to us at below what a dealer pays for it. Oh and we would also appreciate it if Ford would let us in on the inner workings of their business and the business of the dealers. Get out of here! People are paying 5k over for Kia Telluride.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

@Granger Ford I'm curious for your response on this.

1. Will Granger be requiring a down payment at time of order?
2. Will it be refundable?
3. How much will it be?
4. If it's non-refundable, how will Granger handle genuine life changes or hardships? Ex. I'm in the military and will receive orders next summer for my next assignment. If I get orders out of country, I will not purchase a bronco. If I get orders keeping me in the US, I will purchase one. But I won't know which until next summer.

Thanks.

UPDATE: Albert came in clutch. Just so everybody knows (some already did): Granger will NOT require a down payment at order. Rumor has been quelled (at least the one I saw)
Sponsored

Last edited: