Sponsored

Ford imposing penalties on dealers who don't sell to original reservation holder?

Edprem

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
A dealership has stated that Ford will impose penalties on Dealerships that do not sell their Bronco reservations to the original reservation holder. Because of said penalties, the Dealership wants an additional down payment. Is this true? What are the penalties?

@Granger Ford What new penalties will Ford impose on dealerships who do not sell the Bronco to original reservation holder?

thanks

updated: to be clear, I am asking @Granger Ford because they are open and transparent, not because they are the culprit.
Sponsored

Last edited:

mikeandmiki

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F-350 Platinum, '16 Challenger Hellcat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm curious, will the penalties, whatever they are, apply if the reason is out of the dealers control. What if the customer who made the reservation dies, does Ford still penalize the dealer? If the dealer tries to pull some shady crap or has their employees making reservations so they can sell them for a big ADM, then yes penalize the sh!t out of the greedy bastards.

Jchetty

Badlands
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 Tacoma, 00 Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What the penalties are is not important and most likely confidential.

The penalty is a reprisal meant to keep the dealer from concocting an unscrupulous business model to disenfranchise a customer of their reservation.

An additional deposit is fair, but not now. An additional deposit is a show of good faith that you intend to pay for what is essentially is a special order.

But asking for an additional deposit now is not required or recommended. It is this forum’s collective, common belief that a dealer pressuring this is trying to corner the buyer. When the ordering system goes live and you agree on the model, options , accessories, and have a written bottom line- then and only then should a deposit be surrendered.

OP
OP
Edprem

Edprem

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What the penalties are is not important and most likely confidential.

The penalty is a reprisal meant to keep the dealer from concocting an unscrupulous business model to disenfranchise a customer of their reservation.

An additional deposit is fair, but not now. An additional deposit is a show of good faith that you intend to pay for what is essentially is a special order.

But asking for an additional deposit now is not required or recommended. It is this forum’s collective, common belief that a dealer pressuring this is trying to corner the buyer. When the ordering system goes live and you agree on the model, options , accessories, and have a written bottom line- then and only then should a deposit be surrendered.
Just curious, why is an additional down payment required? Any sale that falls through will immediately fly off the lot with an ADM.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Just curious, why is an additional down payment required? Any sale that falls through will immediately fly off the lot with an ADM.
Reading some of the other threads, it seems some dealers would be willing to accept the penalty because they would be able to more than make it up with ADM.

Sponsored

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So say I have two reservations and can't decide on color until I see it person. Order two, take one home. Would they be penalized for that ?

Gene Dios

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There was a vague suggestion that the penalty would be Ford downgrading said dealership in terms of future product orders. Sure, they might make an extra $100k with a bunch of ADMs on 2021 Bronco, but it would be at the expense of not getting any vehicle allocation the next time a hot item comes through. For example, new F150, Raptors, 2022 Broncos, Mach-E, ect. I don't think dealerships want to risk being the only guys in their county / region that don't have the new hottness.

I'm sure we will get the full details on this question soon enough.

Sponsored

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
I feel like part of it is perception. This is the hottest vehicle coming out. It’s supposed to be inaccessible to those without a reservation. If suddenly broncos started popping up sale on dealers, people would be less inclined to make a reservation further keeping up the perception of strong demand and hard to get. Ford wants to ride out this wave of hype as long as possible.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

So say I have two reservations and can't decide on color until I see it person. Order two, take one home. Would they be penalized for that ?

That's why some deposits are nonrefundable. If you order one knowing you aren't going to buy, you should get a penalty.

WRF3MD

Black Diamond
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150/Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Thats likely exactly what they are trying to prevent.
Completely understandable if I had some relationship with the dealership, but say I fly out to Iowa to pick up my A51, and there's a CG sitting next to it that I like better. I'd be stuck with my second choice for probably 2 years. I have two reservations to keep my options open, between dealerships, trims and colors. Especially since most of us will never even see a Bronco when we order

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I find it funny that in the past when anyone on this forum would bring up the subject of unscrupulous dealers, we would be lectured that this kind of thing never happens and we are just crazy and paranoid. Question. Why is Ford imposing stiff penalties for something that never happens?

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
That's why some deposits are nonrefundable. If you order one knowing you aren't going to buy, you should get a penalty.
The penalty is to the dealer, not the customer though.
Sponsored