First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Now that’s some customer service right there and good quality control! You can see how much they really do care! So if we could all put aside our different opinions and all agree that it’s pretty cool that Ford is officially on this forum to help bronco owners troubleshoot regardless of all the other things going on.
Agree. We should all be happy Ford is proactively seeking to quickly stay on top of any emerging product issues in the field. This is in line with what Phil (@flip) said earlier. It shouldn't be like dragging a magnet through a hardware store where you they pick up every lost bolt and nut of disgruntled forum members.
Sponsored

Bulletbill

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

It is important to remember that we are not Ford’s customer. The dealerships are Ford’s customer. That is who pays them and that is ultimately who they care about making happy. When you get your head around that then all the BS starts to make sense. Trust me, I don’t like it either.
I understand what you are trying to say, but if that was completely true I wouldn’t have made my reservation through the Ford site, I would have made it through the dealer.

Also, Ford is doing the majority of the marketing to us, the consumer, not the dealer. The dealer is the middleman, but that doesn’t make it any less Ford corporates problem.

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The negativity is real and valid too. It’s probably a good idea for them to see it, and understand why so many are frustrated with how they are operating.
But you also have people who feel overly entitled.

Just as an example for reservation holders:

Premierdrum and I ordered nearly at identical times and have almost identical builds (I got the V6 and some additional options vs his build)

We both have reservations with in the first hour or so if it going live.

His build date never changed, but mine bounced around five times due to my options, but after everything was said and done, I was only a week late vs my first estimated build date.

His was delivered, meanwhile mine is bouncing around some place with the latest update putting it back into Ford's hands again on the 13th.

IMO this just shows the sheer volume of reservations Ford received within the first few hours. Then add in further delays for commodities issues and that is pushing back peoples build dates.

Bronco production isn't even up to full speed yet and I'm willing to bet that Ford has less than 5000 units built so far. They only sold 800 of them in the last week or two of June.

Ford has something like 150k+ reservations.

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base
What's wrong with the 6/30 builds? Why can't they be shipped out like new builds are?
Weren't those the ones caught in the roof leak? And if I remember reading correctly the other factory had to be closes because of supply issues. I could be wrong, or the way things have been going maybe those fell through a rip in space and time

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Jesus, dealing with people like us would give me anxiety. I hate doing customer service (which is why i don't). Good luck to you Ford, we're difficult, needy peeps!

Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Ford Motor Company
Months ago, Esteban Plaza Jennings in a Bronco Nation produced video was asked a question concerning the carpet on the rear seat backs in the Badlands model. His response at the time was how that issue will be corrected in the 2022 model year. He felt at the time, Ford would make available a solution within the 2021 Bronco accessory catalog. Can you comment of this issue? Thank you!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Yeah thats not how this works buddy
Because reservation is "working" so well, lol. Ford already announced what anyone with an ounce of sense should have known a year ago - they will have Broncos for sale on lots irrespective if all reservations are fulfilled. The faster and wider that happens as the months go by the better.

By the way, "reservation guy" showed up at my local dealer recently, finally realized what he was buying, and opted out. Then the dealer sold it to some guy off the street! Good for that guy, at least he knew what he was buying first hand, unlike some dude monkeying with an overloaded web site a year ago.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
@Ford Motor Company
We know the dealer allocation formula is a critical component in determining when Broncos are built. Looking ahead to MY22, do you know if the dealer allocation formula will be part of the distribution plan? If so, will the formula be altered in any way? If this information is not currently available, do you have a tentative time frame when you can share that information with us? Thank you!

Contact

Big Bend
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend. FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Weren't those the ones caught in the roof leak? And if I remember reading correctly the other factory had to be closes because of supply issues. I could be wrong, or the way things have been going maybe those fell through a rip in space and time
How does one know the exact reason? Nobody with Ford has address the "In production" going on 3-4 weeks issue. So far it's just been speculation.

Erock

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 Alpine edition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Unasked-for advice to all:

IF you want real interaction and commentary from Ford, you have to keep it factual and keep your emotions out of it, as hard as that is to do.
Keep it concise, coherent, like you were wording an important resume.
Stick to the facts.

They aren't going to answer repeated questions on a mundane level, they aren't going to answer specific questions about your build or why this or why that, and most certainly won't entertain any "It's not fair" type questions.

They are monitoring this forum for many reasons, I am sure, and this one stuck out to them as a special quality case they wanted to get in front of and get more info about.

The best way to try and get engagement and meaningful answers is to (as hard as it is for some) be respectful, factual, and go from there, hoping it is replied to, or at least read and heard.

For some I think that is the larger issue, they just want to be heard and for someone who is in command of the ship to hear it.
I guess you’ll start expecting some sort of honesty and respectfulness next? Don’t you know things like integrity are antiquated?

Sponsored

Rebel Bronc

Badlands
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco 7spd Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@Ford Motor Company
Months ago, Esteban Plaza Jennings in a Bronco Nation produced video was asked a question concerning the carpet on the rear seat backs in the Badlands model. His response at the time was how that issue will be corrected in the 2022 model year. He felt at the time, Ford would make available a solution within the 2021 Bronco accessory catalog. Can you comment of this issue? Thank you!
"Stay Tuned."

Ricky_gibbs

Base
First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini countryman
Your Bronco Model
Base

2021badlands bronco bob

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 civic
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
@Ford Motor Company
@Ford Motor Company
We know the dealer allocation formula is a critical component in determining when Broncos are built. Looking ahead to MY22, do you know if the dealer allocation formula will be part of the distribution plan? If so, will the formula be altered in any way? If this information is not currently available, do you have a tentative time frame when you can share that information with us? Thank you!
Nicely worded well written courteous and polite. Now we will see if you really get an answer from Ford . We can only hope.😊

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jesus, dealing with people like us would give me anxiety. I hate doing customer service (which is why i don't). Good luck to you Ford, we're difficult, needy peeps!
There was this one time that Mike Levine tweeted a little vaguely about a colleague of his dying from Covid, and a group of terrible people could only assume it had to do with the Bronco and started attacking him on twitter over it.

Then there was a group of terrible people here who started a thread where they could share screen captures of them bullying Mike Levine on twitter about the Bronco, and then when called out on their behavior explained how it's Mike Levine's job to be a punching bag for all their frustration.

Ugh.

People are the worst.

67BroncoG1

Base
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 2D Squatch, '67 Bronco, '24 Grenadier -ordered
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I understand what you are trying to say, but if that was completely true I wouldn’t have made my reservation through the Ford site, I would have made it through the dealer.

Also, Ford is doing the majority of the marketing to us, the consumer, not the dealer. The dealer is the middleman, but that doesn’t make it any less Ford corporates problem.
Except that you did make your reservation with the dealer. It might have been on Ford’s website but the reservation is with the dealer. As one of my favorite business school professor’s always said, “your customer is the person who pays you.” We pay the dealer and the dealer pays Ford.

True that Ford markets to us but they do that on behalf of their dealer network. They do it to keep their customer happy. This is the reason Ford caved and did “priority orders”, increased allowcation to their largest dealerships, and is now allowing dealer stock orders. These will be very profitable to the dealers and keep them happy.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.