First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
so i am looking at adding lights to my Bronco... I have added the Auxiliary Switches in Overhead Console... the Pod Lights for $650 and the Underbody Rock Light Kit - White for $379... i want to put the rock lights in the wheel wells... i am going to have them put in at the factory or added at the dealership. I am getting the 10yr 100k Ford warranty so i want everything done under Ford... butttttt.. i called my local Jeep shop and they told me the underbody lights and they told me i had to buy the light kit and it was minimum of 6 hrs at $140 per hour.. but my nephew did all of his own lights in his Jeep......

if you want to see my complete build.. here is my link...

https://shop.ford.com/configure/bro...63C.RET.M-15200-BML.M-15200-RUN.EMT.99P.64H.]

Thoughts?????
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
USMC_n_philly

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
hope so.. it would be awesome... going to be good for muddin and on the beach...

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you're buying it through Ford with the Bronco, your Bronco will be delivered with these items installed.

The DIO program rolls the cost of installation into the cost of the item, so you wont get an extra bill.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
so i am looking at adding lights to my Bronco... I have added the Auxiliary Switches in Overhead Console... the Pod Lights for $650 and the Underbody Rock Light Kit - White for $379... i want to put the rock lights in the wheel wells... i am going to have them put in at the factory or added at the dealership. I am getting the 10yr 100k Ford warranty so i want everything done under Ford... butttttt.. i called my local Jeep shop and they told me the underbody lights and they told me i had to buy the light kit and it was minimum of 6 hrs at $140 per hour.. but my nephew did all of his own lights in his Jeep......

if you want to see my complete build.. here is my link...

https://shop.ford.com/configure/bronco/config/accessories/Config[|Ford|Bronco|2021|1|1.|322A.E5D..NE...96B.AAMBA.47B.D5HAB.60R.63C.RET.M-15200-BML.M-15200-RUN.EMT.99P.64H.]

Thoughts?????
What others are saying. But also jeep quoted you that because they're assuming you have a jeep that doesn't have aux wired in already

Sponsored

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

i dont know enough about wiring or have ever done it to be able to make it a DIY project...
Everyone has their own level in comfort with DIY. That's fine.

I will tell you though...it's pretty easy. Especially with the prewired switches on the Bronco. You're only a couple youtube videos, and a few questions here, away from doing it yourself.

This is coming from a guy who usually just pays someone to change his oil because I can't be bothered with it. Ha. So I get it. Sometimes you just throw money at the task and be done with it.

mrcx

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'67 Camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
i dont know enough about wiring or have ever done it to be able to make it a DIY project...
That is the great thing about buying a vehicle like the Bronco. There will be a community of Bronco owners like there are for Jeep owners.
If you decide you want save some money and learn how to install and wire it up yourself, you will be able to find people on here or other Bronco forums close to you that know how to do these things. Swing by with the parts, some beer and pizza and knock it out on a Saturday afternoon.
Then you will know how to do it to help the next person.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rock lights are not a six hour job

It's not hard at all. Learning to do that stuff yourself is part of the fun of being a off-road vehicle owner.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It’s not too hard, coming from an electrician. All you do is run the 2 wires to an ice cube relay and then you run them to a normally closed switch through an inverter and back to a driver. The driver supplies the power but you want to install an inline fuse (you’ll want a FRS-60 fuse) to be safe you’ll just wire that all up to a control module and don’t forget the end of line resistor. Run all that back to switch in the car and you’re good.

Sponsored

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

It’s not too hard, coming from an electrician. All you do is run the 2 wires to an ice cube relay and then you run them to a normally closed switch through an inverter and back to a driver. The driver supplies the power but you want to install an inline fuse (you’ll want a FRS-60 fuse) to be safe you’ll just wire that all up to a control module and don’t forget the end of line resistor. Run all that back to switch in the car and you’re good.
With the prewired switches you do not do any of this. All the relays and fuses are already in place. Ground the lights and connect the power wire to the switch wire.

Last edited:

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
With the prewired switches you do not do any of this. All the relays and fuses are already in place. Ground the lights and connect the power wire to the switch wire.
Lol I can’t believe you took that seriously. ? I thought for sure I made it ridiculous enough for nobody to take that seriously. I threw in a 600volt fuse and fire alarm parts. ? I was hoping people would laugh and the OP would just be confused for jokes.

Ford Bronco Ford Lights on the B&P page... thoughts 1606928894195

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
how hard is it to install rock lights?

Im not sure if i want the ones ford offers.

I might want to go RGB but im not sure how difficult it would be to install them

Hoofnmouth

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Omg the solution is right in front of you buy the light ebay ,amazon get the grill goin cook a bunch of pork ribs ,get nephew to insall aux switches will be easy then go drive around and try them out!!
For what ford charges for those rock lights you could 5 or 6 rigs.
Sponsored