First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Dont get me wrong,, back in the day i would put in m stereo.. (2) 12's, (2) 6 x9's, (2) tweeters in A pillar... 3 amps.. in-line fuse... all in my 1982 Ford LTD.. w while fuzzy dice in the rear view mirror... It was great to be alive in 1991...

but now, i just pay for it all to be done now, so everything is under warranty... i also had a 2003 Deville DTS that i did engine rebuild, air ride suspension... all that stuff cause none of it was under warranty...

i want the lights in the wheel wells and on the mirrors.. it looks great..

Now listening to you guys.. i might do it, since the wires are already ran through the car...
Sponsored

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
It’s not too hard, coming from an electrician. All you do is run the 2 wires to an ice cube relay and then you run them to a normally closed switch through an inverter and back to a driver. The driver supplies the power but you want to install an inline fuse (you’ll want a FRS-60 fuse) to be safe you’ll just wire that all up to a control module and don’t forget the end of line resistor. Run all that back to switch in the car and you’re good.
You're not going to incorporate a modulation multiplexer into the loopback circuit?? That's just dangerous dude.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're not going to incorporate a modulation multiplexer into the loopback circuit?? That's just dangerous dude.
True! I definitely overlooked that. I suppose I could run a CT in series with a commutator so I don’t mess up the field windings of the stator. But that might reverse the voltage so I would have to add a stepdown transformer.

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ford Lights on the B&P page... thoughts Capture.PNG

Sponsored
OP
OP
USMC_n_philly

USMC_n_philly

Outer Banks
First Name
Deno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
6G Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Nephew said, Amazon lights and he can run the wires.. i am getting the auxiliary switches in my BD... so with the switches already in the truck do we just connect to those switches or have to run all of these fuses..?

Aman

Badlands
First Name
Aman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 M3, 2008 Armada, and 2022 Badlands ManSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Nephew said, Amazon lights and he can run the wires.. i am getting the auxiliary switches in my BD... so with the switches already in the truck do we just connect to those switches or have to run all of these fuses..?
I have zero first hand experience with any of the Amazon lights, but was seriously considering some of them or the HF ones. After watching many review videos, it appears that the cheaper lights are cheaper for a reason. The light output doesn't come close to the brand name ones.

If anyone with experience can share some thoughts on the cheaper ones vs the $$$ ones, it would be appreciated.

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As far as I know there are no DIO's on build and price yet, we won't (the dealerships) have that info until next march to april hence next years update and all of the bs hysteria about order delays

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

As far as I know you just run it to the fuses since the leads and switches are pre wired

noahr

Black Diamond
First Name
Noah @ Mullinax
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I have zero first hand experience with any of the Amazon lights, but was seriously considering some of them or the HF ones. After watching many review videos, it appears that the cheaper lights are cheaper for a reason. The light output doesn't come close to the brand name ones.

If anyone with experience can share some thoughts on the cheaper ones vs the $$$ ones, it would be appreciated.
I always got good ones (you can get cheaper ones that still are super bright) but a few of my buddies got amazon ones and within months they broke or were filled to the brim with water

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I have had great luck with Amazon lights, particularly Yitamotor brand (Yeah, I know screams CHINA!). I put 16 led driving and backup lights on my UTV, the same drivers on my Jeep and a 21" bar on my F250. All are very bright and seem solid. The drivers were less than $30/pr and the 21" bar was also less than $30 and came with a switch and relay. I put another brand of Amazon lights in my "Pony Grill" on my Mustang, maybe 9 leds, not bright but hey do work, mostly for looks. Again, less than $30/pr with switch and relay.

Valhalla_Overland

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Toyota Tacoma DCSB OR
Your Bronco Model
First Edition

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Lol I can’t believe you took that seriously. ? I thought for sure I made it ridiculous enough for nobody to take that seriously. I threw in a 600volt fuse and fire alarm parts. ? I was hoping people would laugh and the OP would just be confused for jokes.

1606928894195.gif
Never joke around with electricity , you could get someone seriously hurt . Especially if they are working on carpet ......

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Never joke around with electricity , you could get someone seriously hurt . Especially if they are working on carpet ......
Hahaha that’s great. I’m an electrician so I definitely take electricity seriously lol. I would hope anyone who read my advice would Google FRS-60 and realize I told them to use a 600V fuse lmao

Austin26

Base
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru Crosstrek
Your Bronco Model
Base
That is the great thing about buying a vehicle like the Bronco. There will be a community of Bronco owners like there are for Jeep owners.
If you decide you want save some money and learn how to install and wire it up yourself, you will be able to find people on here or other Bronco forums close to you that know how to do these things. Swing by with the parts, some beer and pizza and knock it out on a Saturday afternoon.
Then you will know how to do it to help the next person.
Yup. I'm an electrician and though I don't know much about car electrical, it's just DC and I can guide questions like that. I'll probably wire my own fog lights though I wouldn't mind if someone trail blazed and did them first so I could benefit from others ha.
Sponsored