Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the Bronco is not out by June of next year, at least a definition of what it will be and exactly when then I will be buying a Wrangler. That is when I retire and have been planning to purchase.
Everything is pointing to JAN 2021 for actual delivery. August-October 2020 seems plausible for a public debut.

I'm still on the fence if I'm willing to lose $8k in depreciation on a Wrangler if I were to buy one and possibly trade it in two years later.
Sponsored

JimmyDean

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Bronco, 513 ci; 71 mach 1, 351C; 06 F-250, 6.0; 56 800, 172c.i. gas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Everything is pointing to JAN 2021 for actual delivery. August-October 2020 seems plausible for a public debut.

I'm still on the fence if I'm willing to lose $8k in depreciation on a Wrangler if I were to buy one and possibly trade it in two years later.
You think we have a full year to wait on a reveal? I was kind of hoping we'd see some good stuff at the January auto shows with the basics, followed by a year of them releasing teasers, videos of off road stuff, showing diff trim levels like big Bend or Outer Banks, etc, then opening up order banks around Aug/Sep for January 2021 delivery for first ones

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You think we have a full year to wait on a reveal? ...
Unfortunately, yes.

It seems unlikely that we'll get anything other than random pictures of prototypes testing, or some very minor blurbs indicating things like which version of the infotainment system will be used before about 6 months ahead of production.

There's a chance we'll see a concept image in the Nov-Mar auto show circuit, but I would expect it to be significantly lacking in detail. Any commentary that accompanied it would probably be mostly marketing BS, with superficial specs offered.

NY Bronco II

Badlands
First Name
Barney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco II, 2008 Ridgeline
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is my first post
If the Bronco is not out by June of next year, at least a definition of what it will be and exactly when then I will be buying a Wrangler. That is when I retire and have been planning to purchase.
This is my first post...I’m in the same boat as you

BHShaman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Highlander
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The delay has turned me from a buy into a Lease. Missed their perma capture window with me.

Sponsored

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
The delay has turned me from a buy into a Lease. Missed their perma capture window with me.
...what delay? We’ve known production isn’t going to start until 12/20 for a long time now.

mikonrad

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Fiesta SFE, Toyota Rav4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That 1/21ish production date has been the only date really confirmed by any of the sources commenting here (maybe anywhere)... At least since 2/2019 with that U725 post from carmaker - maybe earlier.

May help to manage timeline expectations based on that. To a degree, I get the frustration and IMO I wonder if Ford just made the initial announcement, back in 1/2017, way too early. I guess I just assume this wait is "normal" because I haven't really had enough interest to follow an upcoming model before and don't know enough if this has taken "too long" by any kind of standard. I personally don't mind the wait as my current car isn't in danger of falling apart between now and then... Unlike Stampede's rig... sorry man. :) Besides, good opportunity for me to sock away cash until the end of next year. Serendipitously, the wait is helping me not impulse, which isn't "exciting", but will probably work out for the best. :)

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
That 1/21ish production date has been the only date really confirmed by any of the sources commenting here (maybe anywhere)... At least since 2/2019 with that U725 post from carmaker - maybe earlier.

May help to manage timeline expectations based on that. To a degree, I get the frustration and IMO I wonder if Ford just made the initial announcement, back in 1/2017, way too early. I guess I just assume this wait is "normal" because I haven't really had enough interest to follow an upcoming model before and don't know enough if this has taken "too long" by any kind of standard. I personally don't mind the wait as my current car isn't in danger of falling apart between now and then... Unlike Stampede's rig... sorry man. :) Besides, good opportunity for me to sock away cash until the end of next year. Serendipitously, the wait is helping me not impulse, which isn't "exciting", but will probably work out for the best. :)
My understanding is that they did not intend to announce the Bronco returning for a while, but UAW announcing the return in negotiations forced their hand.

BroncoMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '02 Excursion
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My understanding is that they did not intend to announce the Bronco returning for a while, but UAW announcing the return in negotiations forced their hand.
And add to that, Bronco isn't a refresh or an evolutionary product - it is a ground-up totally new creation. I'd bet the timelines aren't all that dissimilar from other manufacturers designing and producing an entirely new vehicle.

Sponsored

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
-
https://media.ford.com/content/ford...5-year-anniversary-woodward-dream-cruise.html
-

Anyone from here in the area or planning to make it to the Woodward Dream Cruise today? They certainly appear to have a lot of Mustang themed activities and personnel involved -- past years seem all about Mustang in their press release comments with a few generic "and these others" mentions for their other performance cars. The Bronco makes a minor mention for this year.

With the general surge in interest in Broncos over the last several years, it will be interesting to see what kind of showing they manage and if they have anything interesting to say about the new 6G Bronco. The media-only 'Clubhouse' seems like a peculiar addition for this year, but perhaps it simply wasn't mentioned in past releases.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dat tan 1st gen tho... *drools*