Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 550
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m pretty sure my hold is not related to a chip and my circumstances are not the same. My showed up as built and I was assigned 3 different estimated delivery windows. The current delivery window runs through tomorrow. I hope you get yours soon.
Same situation here. Showing built on 6/27 (finally, after original 3/14 partial "build" and numerous EDD estimates and holds the last 4 months), dealer about 20 miles away from MAP, EDD is 7/2 - 7/8. I know that ain't gonna happen... I just wish I could meet my dealer at MAP, sign the forms there, and drive the thing home from the plant. But... no - I have to pay $1,495 for "delivery" (someday).

AironBronco

Badlands
First Name
Airon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mazda cx3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford sent me an email on 06/10/2022 informing that my Bronco was built on 06/08/2022. I called Ford Marketing on 06/10/2022 to verify it was built with no chip or part holds. They assure me that there were no holds and it was released for shipping

The Backdoor app posted an estimated delivery window of 06/14 to 06/20.

I called Ford Marketing on 06/21/2022. They told me that my status would update later in the day and to call back tomorrow. The following day they informed me that my estimated delivery was bumped to 06/25 - 07/01. They did not know why it was bumped. It was showing built and released for shipping.

My salesman checked the status on 06/27/2022 on his end and it showed as built / plant hold. There was nothing noting what the hold was based on. I called Ford Marketing the same day and initially they told me it built and released on their end. When I told them what my salesman saw they “double checked” the system and said the did see it listed as built / plant hold. They had no idea what the hold was based on but said if it was a chip hold it would be recorded as a chip hold.

My estimated delivery window was bumped without any notice on 06/29/2022 on the Backdoor tracker to 07/02 to 07/08.

I called Ford Marketing on 07/02/2022 to try to see what was the delay. I was informed that my Bronco was previously recorded as “on delay” (new terminology to me in this ordeal) and the delay was removed. There’s no holds and it’s released to shipping and will arrive by 07/08/2022. She said the delay was due to convoy shortages.

Two Broncos were delivered to my dealership (20 miles from MAP) on Tuesday, July 5, 2022. Proof the convoys are running.

Ford sent an email during the late evening on Tuesday, July 5, 2022 informing me that my original estimated delivery window of 06/14 to 06/20 was bumped to 07/02 - 07/08 (same dates as reported on the Ford Backdoor app 5 says earlier ??????).

I called Ford Marketing today (07/07/2022) to see if the status had changed. I was informed it is reported as built / delay / plant hold and that has been the case since it was declared built on 06/08/2022. I told her what I was told in my previous communications and felt that I was lied to. She said she was sorry and didn’t understand why I wasn’t told it was on hold. As expected, she was unable to tell me why the hold is based on.

The only good thing is now I can stop checking the shipping status 25 times per day because it’s obviously not coming anytime soon snd their estimated shipping windows are nonsense.

I hope you guys have better luck than me.

96BECF1F-00CC-42F3-BAA8-A39C942A5CD8.jpeg
DF61EC8A-A798-4A3B-9906-836AD484FB0A.jpeg
DDBDE36E-B3B7-4FD7-8AE9-26D6058368B6.jpeg
I'm guessing you weren't lied to. It was built, then the Glass recall happened, and they dont ahve a code for recall prior to shipment but after built so the system just shrugged.

Shark1247

Badlands
First Name
Kelly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford sent me an email on 06/10/2022 informing that my Bronco was built on 06/08/2022. I called Ford Marketing on 06/10/2022 to verify it was built with no chip or part holds. They assure me that there were no holds and it was released for shipping

The Backdoor app posted an estimated delivery window of 06/14 to 06/20.

I called Ford Marketing on 06/21/2022. They told me that my status would update later in the day and to call back tomorrow. The following day they informed me that my estimated delivery was bumped to 06/25 - 07/01. They did not know why it was bumped. It was showing built and released for shipping.

My salesman checked the status on 06/27/2022 on his end and it showed as built / plant hold. There was nothing noting what the hold was based on. I called Ford Marketing the same day and initially they told me it built and released on their end. When I told them what my salesman saw they “double checked” the system and said the did see it listed as built / plant hold. They had no idea what the hold was based on but said if it was a chip hold it would be recorded as a chip hold.

My estimated delivery window was bumped without any notice on 06/29/2022 on the Backdoor tracker to 07/02 to 07/08.

I called Ford Marketing on 07/02/2022 to try to see what was the delay. I was informed that my Bronco was previously recorded as “on delay” (new terminology to me in this ordeal) and the delay was removed. There’s no holds and it’s released to shipping and will arrive by 07/08/2022. She said the delay was due to convoy shortages.

Two Broncos were delivered to my dealership (20 miles from MAP) on Tuesday, July 5, 2022. Proof the convoys are running.

Ford sent an email during the late evening on Tuesday, July 5, 2022 informing me that my original estimated delivery window of 06/14 to 06/20 was bumped to 07/02 - 07/08 (same dates as reported on the Ford Backdoor app 5 says earlier ??????).

I called Ford Marketing today (07/07/2022) to see if the status had changed. I was informed it is reported as built / delay / plant hold and that has been the case since it was declared built on 06/08/2022. I told her what I was told in my previous communications and felt that I was lied to. She said she was sorry and didn’t understand why I wasn’t told it was on hold. As expected, she was unable to tell me why the hold is based on.

The only good thing is now I can stop checking the shipping status 25 times per day because it’s obviously not coming anytime soon snd their estimated shipping windows are nonsense.

I hope you guys have better luck than me.

96BECF1F-00CC-42F3-BAA8-A39C942A5CD8.jpeg
DF61EC8A-A798-4A3B-9906-836AD484FB0A.jpeg
DDBDE36E-B3B7-4FD7-8AE9-26D6058368B6.jpeg
No one has mentioned the motor size of their recent releases. Are all of them the 2.3L or are any of you 2.7L. I was told they weren't making the 2.7's right now until the NIHTSA investigation was done and haven't seen anything on it.

CJtoJLU

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon Extreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Started looking at Jeeps. Thinking Willys xtreme recon. Getting tired of waiting through another summer without a 4wd topless driver.
Do it, you will love it.

Sponsored

MZBHAVN

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Raptor, 2016 JKU Sahara
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
No one has mentioned the motor size of their recent releases. Are all of them the 2.3L or are any of you 2.7L. I was told they weren't making the 2.7's right now until the NIHTSA investigation was done and haven't seen anything on it.
My OBX 2.7, LuX, SasQ 4door was built 6/23 and now waiting shipment

OP
OP
Hudman316

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So I'm waiting on my Wildtrak as well. I can tell you if you chose to have the tow package installed, you are on a microchip hold. That's what is holding my up. My screen looks exactly like yours except mine is Eruption Green. :) Good Luck
Not a chip hold. It’s definitely a part hold.

OP
OP
Hudman316

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm guessing you weren't lied to. It was built, then the Glass recall happened, and they dont ahve a code for recall prior to shipment but after built so the system just shrugged.
Not a recall. Mine was built 6/8/2022. After all of the current recalld. It’s a part hold.

OP
OP
Hudman316

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That’s not true from what I see. Plenty of 2.7’s being built and delivered during June and July.

AlphaSpace1

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford truck
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

You actually believe they know what they're talking about & that they told you the truth? :ROFLMAO:

On a positive note, everyone who has had the run around with shipping or the entire ordering process. Contact Ford marketing team and ask them about the $100 gift card from ford. 800-334-4375

Sponsored

Rob_Broncowski

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 OBX, Ducati Scrambler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm pretty sure I'm in the same boat. Mine was built on 6/14 and I'm still waiting to ship. My delivery window just got pushed from this week to 7/12-7/18.

Joconn73

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Mazda mx5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm pretty sure I'm in the same boat. Mine was built on 6/14 and I'm still waiting to ship. My delivery window just got pushed from this week to 7/12-7/18.
Most Ford plants are down for July shutdown two weeks

OP
OP
Hudman316

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
You actually believe they know what they're talking about & that they told you the truth? :ROFLMAO:

On a positive note, everyone who has had the run around with shipping or the entire ordering process. Contact Ford marketing team and ask them about the $100 gift card from ford. 800-334-4375
I obviously didn’t believe them because the story changed over and over. My salesman found the hold.

They can keep their gift card. 🤣

OP
OP
Hudman316

Hudman316

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Most Ford plants are down for July shutdown two weeks
The assembly line shuts down. Shipping and receiving remain open. In addition, MAP scheduled crews to work on finishing Broncos on chip and part holds during shutdown.
Sponsored