First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm sure it's got a great market to penetrate but it looks like a Bronco Sport and a Subaru Baja 'ute had a child.
Sponsored

csj

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Tacoma OR
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Truck looks good, gotta give Ford credit; the electric F150 and now the Maverick that gets great mileage and can still haul a bunch of stuff. It's going to take a lot of sales away from both mid and full size trucks.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Terminex and city/county car pools need something. I imagine these will sell nicely to that market as well. Especially with a hybrid engine as standard. Ford most likely did this for many reasons, one of which is to cater to the gubmint.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the surface it looks pretty awesome, but the CVT with the hybrid is a non starter. I wouldn't touch a CVT with someone else's money.

Sponsored

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Considering a Prius/Insight start at ~$25k, this thing is a bargain. It will not suite everyone's needs but fit's into the trend of more active lifestyles and is going to sell well. As someone who grew up around Chicago, I can really see the appeal of having a small truck.
I think this will be the cheapest new msrp hybrid you can buy? I think the corolla hybrid and Ioniq are $21k msrp.

SwankyTiger

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the surface it looks pretty awesome, but the CVT with the hybrid is a non starter. I wouldn't touch a CVT with someone else's money.
i think ford still uses toyotas hybrid system so this is good cvt

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
I want to get an engine from the junkyard and load it into my vehicle with a forklift. Can't do that with an SUV. I literally did this last month.

I want to drive down to the city maintenance yard and load up my bed full of free wood chips. Can't do that with an SUV, at least not one that you care about.

I want to tow my 3200lb car with a 750lb dolly. Most small SUVs top out at 2000lb towing, most midsize SUVs (and the Bronco LOL) top out at 3500lb. For more than that you're probably into a giant 3-row SUV or something large and RWD-based like a Grand Cherokee.

I want to take my family camping with my tent, coolers, tubs, cooking supplies, bikes, etc. The Bronco Sport offers 32 ft3 of cargo space. Hope you're okay sleeping out under the stars and eating MREs because space is tiiight. The Maverick has oodles more cargo space in the bed than any small SUV, and great for handling dirty camping stuff.

I want to go grab a stack of 4x8 sheets of drywall and plywood for a home improvement job. What small SUV/crossover can fit a stack of 4x8 anything? Like...none of them. The Bronco Sport's tailgate opening is 43" wide. You'll have to annoy your pickup-owning friend and get him to help you out yet again.

I want to grab that lawn mower or BBQ grill or motorcycle off of Craigslist and drag it home. Good luck squeezing those in your Kia Sportage.

All of the above are common, valid use cases for a vehicle with a bed over a small SUV. Couple the above (minus the towing) with 40mpg city and a $20k starting price and you can literally throw away every other small crossover out there. Highlander Hybrid starts at $38k. RAV4 Hybrid starts at $27k. CRV hybrid starts at $30k. Crosstrek hybrid starts at $35k. Kia Niro hybrid starts at $25k.

Maverick starts at $20,000. WHAT???

Yeah? A lot of those small SUVs and crossovers getting 40mpg city?

People with an ego don't "settle" for a small truck, especially since the compact trucks cost basically the same as half tons. If someone has an ego, they're going minimum half ton for sure. Ford sold 100,000 Rangers last year and 700,000 F-SERIES TRUCKS. The average Ranger sells for $38k where the F-150 starts at $27k.

Vehicles like the Maverick are for people who know exactly how much truck they need. And with the Maverick's pricing so incredibly low it's an awesome option for people that need "just enough" truck.

Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Pickup Revealed! Standard Hybrid, 40MPG City, Under $20k Starting Price! 8391C9E5-16E6-4D91-969B-3EAACB0C90A7

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

The rock stars are at it again.

Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Pickup Revealed! Standard Hybrid, 40MPG City, Under $20k Starting Price! 1623166302421

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
The Maverick is genius! Initially I thought, reveal in June, order in December, first deliveries in April 2022. Then I read the details. OMG, order in June, delivery this fall. Not next fall, this fall!

This is a brand-new vehicle. Developed during Covid and supply chain issues. Amazing job Ford!

If this holds true, the 2022 Ranger may get a delivery cycle like the Maverick. Wow! This is good!

Sponsored

Mustang GTA

Base
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • All-new Ford Maverick is the first standard full-hybrid pickup in America and the most fuel-efficient truck on the market with a targeted EPA-estimated rating of 40 mpg in the city*; while its compact size makes it easy to maneuver and park, there’s room for five adults and plenty of storage space
Oh, wow, that's pretty rad. But the thing I'm really looking at is:

• The Maverick FLEXBED™ system provides organization and cargo solutions to fit owners’ lifestyles, with a multi-position tailgate, slots to use lumber to subdivide the bed, 12 available anchor points, two 12-volt 20-amp prewired sources at the back enabling DIY electrical solutions, plus two available 110-volt outlets for powering a laptop or tailgate party
Having this system in a midsize really ticks off a few boxes for me.

A little confused about the target market though.
Its a cheap set of wheels with a bed on it. It is what the Ranger was. Forget all modern day electronics, this is a local contractor's special, a parts getter, a home improvement special.

BossMann

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Man, that thing is ugly, but I guess it will serve a purpose.

aaronkwaters

Badlands
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I can’t believe that this is what we’ve all come to... discussing (and being excited about) a hybrid baby pickup. It seems the “Bronco Build Date Blues” got us all down...

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That’s interesting because the rangers tail looks super high, so maybe the maverick isn’t that small. Just another Sport Trac?
Sponsored