EvlNvrDys

Big Bend
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Clubs

Full disclosure. I'm with the masses with A51 but I agree, you guys are indeed the cool kids with Race Red. Did you notice that Race Red won the poll as everybody's 2nd favorite MY21 color? The reason is that everybody wants Race Red but we are all either too chicken, our wives vetoed the color or deep down felt that we were not worthy to rep the color. I am guilty of at least two of the three:)
I must've got lucky with my wife then, after having my Race Red Mustang for a few years, when we finally bought her a Jeep she went with Firecracker Red or whatever it's called (similar to race red).

I honestly think it's one of those colors that you don't really like UNTIL you have it. And once you have it, you just can't go back to anything else 🤷‍♂️

Throw in the fact it gets tons of compliments, you'd be surprised how many people (on a weekly basis) say to me "Nice car!". And it's only a 2012 Mustang V6 🤣🤣 the color is what does it ;)

Advertisement

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
I reserved a Maverick!

The email from my Ford dealer thanks me for my interested in a Ford Transit Connect. WTF?

A salesman from the dealer called me immediately after the reservation was placed and advised that the reservation came through on his end as a Transit Connect. Double WTF?
Must be a vanner dealer. Drunken bastards:ROFLMAO::p

LEGORick

First Edition
First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Ford F-150 / 2007 Saturn Aura
Anyone who reserved one and was contacted by their dealer; do you see the Maverick under your 'Reservations' on the Ford site? I asked my dealer if there was anything else I needed to do to confirm the reservation. They said no, but I still don't see it on the Ford website.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Anyone who reserved one and was contacted by their dealer; do you see the Maverick under your 'Reservations' on the Ford site? I asked my dealer if there was anything else I needed to do to confirm the reservation. They said no, but I still don't see it on the Ford website.
This reservation isn't quite like the Bronco or Lightning reservations. It's more of a "Hey, dealer, I'm interested! Contact me!" 😄

No reservation deposit, no place in line or anything like that. Basically just a way of being contacted to be an early buyer.

LEGORick

First Edition
First Name
Rick
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Ford F-150 / 2007 Saturn Aura
This reservation isn't quite like the Bronco or Lightning reservations. It's more of a "Hey, dealer, I'm interested! Contact me!" 😄

No reservation deposit, no place in line or anything like that. Basically just a way of being contacted to be an early buyer.

Ahh, gotcha!

Tricky Dick

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
I'm not scanning the entire thread so sorry if this is a repost.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Now that I see this isn't a traditional CVT, but a more durable Toyota based unit, I'm going to try to convince the wife that she needs this instead of a CX-5 that she's been looking at. 40mpg would save us a bunch of money as much as she drives. Our hang up will be the seats, we don't do cloth but you have to go all the way up to Lariat for non-cloth. The XLT would be great otherwise.

Last edited:

Blueoval

Badlands
First Name
Brett
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Explorer & 2010 Ford Escape
Now that I see this isn't a traditional CVT, but a more durable Toyota based unit, I'm going to try to convince the wife that she needs this instead of a CX-5 that she's been looking at. 40mpg would save us a bunch of money as much as she drives. Our hang up will be the seats, we don't do cloth but you have to go all the way up to Lariat for non-cloth. The XLT would be great otherwise.
Take a look at https://katzkin.com/. The fitment and quality on my dad’s 2016 wrangler surpasses a lot of OEM cars I’ve been in. He paid $1,200 for the front seats, rear seat and install. The Ford dealer he purchased the Jeep from takes some of their lower trim new cars to get Katzin leather.

Tricky Dick

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Take a look at https://katzkin.com/. The fitment and quality on my dad’s 2016 wrangler surpasses a lot of OEM cars I’ve been in. He paid $1,200 for the front seats, rear seat and install. The Ford dealer he purchased the Jeep from takes some of their lower trim new cars to get Katzin leather.
That's an idea if they offer them. I kind of forgot about them because the one time I wanted their seat covers they didn't have them for my model.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
I'm with you on cloth seats. But the leap to Lariat is a pretty big jump without much of other stuff I would pick and we normally get a lot of options. I was thinking XLT and some quality after-market seat covers would be a good way to go.

RBF 1401

Black Diamond
First Name
Tricia
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Clubs

Full disclosure. I'm with the masses with A51 but I agree, you guys are indeed the cool kids with Race Red. Did you notice that Race Red won the poll as everybody's 2nd favorite MY21 color? The reason is that everybody wants Race Red but we are all either too chicken, our wives vetoed the color or deep down felt that we were not worthy to rep the color. I am guilty of at least two of the three:)
I've got the complete opposite of a wife not letting me get Race Red...

I'm not getting Race Red because my hubby's favorite color is red and I DON'T want him driving it.🤣🤣

Advertisement

Wide Open Roads

Advertisement