Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The first ever Maverick Pickup has just been revealed, featuring standard hybrid, 40 MPG and under $20k MSRP!

Check out the rest of the details at MaverickTruckClub:

https://www.mavericktruckclub.com/f...with-standard-hybrid-40mpg-city-20k-msrp.164/

• All-new Ford Maverick is the first standard full-hybrid pickup in America and the most fuel-efficient truck on the market with a targeted EPA-estimated rating of 40 mpg in the city*; while its compact size makes it easy to maneuver and park, there’s room for five adults and plenty of storage space
Oh, wow, that's pretty rad. But the thing I'm really looking at is:

• The Maverick FLEXBED™ system provides organization and cargo solutions to fit owners’ lifestyles, with a multi-position tailgate, slots to use lumber to subdivide the bed, 12 available anchor points, two 12-volt 20-amp prewired sources at the back enabling DIY electrical solutions, plus two available 110-volt outlets for powering a laptop or tailgate party
Having this system in a midsize really ticks off a few boxes for me.

A little confused about the target market though.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

They are going to sell a ton of these. Functional, efficient, looks pretty good, and fills a gap in the market...seems like a winner.

Edit:. Anybody know if this will qualify for a Fed Tax Credit?

Last edited:

Sponsored

JDisFlip

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Waiting
Your Bronco Model
Base

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just look at all those cupholders!!!!

In all sincerity these things are gonna sell like hotcakes.
Not the biggest, meanest, off-road looking, king-of-the-hill looking truck but:
-It is fuel efficient.
-You can haul a decent amount of stuff that most semi-suburb and suburb people really only need when hauling a couple of bikes, a short kayak, a few bags of mulch or lumber enough to build a doghouse or project, garage sale stuff, ball game stuff.
-It seats 5 (vs 3 in a pinch in the older single cab Ranger).
-easy to park, maneuver, drive
-surprisingly low starting MSRP.

It's not my style, not what I like, but to be completely objective, it's a brilliant move for a niche market where it will sell, and sell quickly.
Get a reasonably capable small pickup at the price point it's gonna be at?
Yeah, good move, Ford.
I doubted the need/styling/market for it initially a few months back...but not after seeing the reveal and thinking outside of my personal uses/likes/affinity.

It's not gonna sell to the people who want the status symbol.
It's not gonna sell to the ranch owner who needs capacity.
It's not gonna sell to the hardcore 4X4 crowd.

-But it is gonna sell to that "quick trip to Lowes or Home Depot" crowd.
-It's gonna sell to that "I need a truck to haul gardening supplies" crowd.
-It's gonna sell to the "I need a place to easily cart my bike/Kayak/camping /fishing gear and don't want to mess with the SUV and taking the wheels off/leaving the hatch open for the kayak" crowd.
-It's gonna sell for that College-bound young adult who needs a dependable, fuel-efficient vehicle to cart all their loads o' crap around.
-It's gonna sell for that new, dependable first-car crowd.

TL/DR:
Not for big ole' truck peeps, "keeping up with the Jones'" peeps, but for a lot of others.
Big, decisive move by Ford and will sell a shi*-ton of them.

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

40mpg truck for under $19999? Wow!
I'm betting dimes to dollars that the final price to get everything I want out of this thing is going to be close to 60k.

I started building my Bronco at $29,999... By the time I got to a trim that had everything I wanted and all the accessories I need, I'm looking at a $66k Badlands.

Edit: Man, was I wrong, I lost a lot of dimes on this one. Six. I lost six dimes. Turns out checking every box only got me to $36.5k and we're getting one for my wife. She's determined that she's the target demographic.
Sponsored

Last edited: