First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68,96 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They are going to sell a ton of these. Functional, efficient, looks pretty good, and fills a gap in the market...seems like a winner.
Exactly. I know everyone wants 450 HP V8’s under the hood of everything they sell but that isn’t realistic these days. Gotta supply the demand.
Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Here is a good size comparison:
Sizing Up the 2022 Ford Maverick
  • We compare the 2022 Ford Maverick's size with other current and past pickup trucks.
  • It's significantly taller than a 1990 Ranger but not as much smaller than the current Ranger as you'd think.
That height also puts it within two inches of the current Ranger SuperCab 4x2 and makes it 4.4 inches taller than a 1990 Ranger XLT 4WD extended cab short bed. Lest you conclude that the Maverick is just a tall cab atop a low-slung chassis, the all-wheel-drive version’s 8.6 inches of ground clearance splits the difference between the current 4x2 and 4x4 Ranger models, and towers over the 1990 Ranger 4x4’s 6.7 inches of clearance.

When we consider older trucks like that Ranger, it becomes apparent how the use case for pickups has changed over the decades. As trucks morphed from crude beasts of burden to everyday transportation, cabs got bigger and beds shrank. To that point, the 2022 Maverick is about six inches longer than the 1990 Ranger, but its bed is 18 inches shorter. In fact, at 54 inches long, the Maverick’s bed falls roughly between the 41.5-inch box that appended the Subaru Baja and the 61-inch short bed on the 2021 Ranger. (The 1979 Chevy Luv, by the way, offered a 90-inch bed on long-bed versions.) Still, Ford says the Maverick bed will accommodate the industry-standard 4x8 sheets of plywood, if they go on top of the wheelhouses and you set the tailgate to its “propping up plywood” angle.

In terms of overall length, the Maverick is about six inches longer than both the 1990 Ranger and the Baja. And it’s only 11 inches shorter than the 2021 Ranger. So it’s not going to look like a Mini Moke out in the Home Depot parking lot, but it will, barely, be the easiest Ford truck to fit between the lines of a parking space: at 72.6 inches wide (without the mirrors), the Maverick is 0.7 inch narrower than the Ranger. Even the mighty F-350 Tremor is only 7.4 inches wider. If they ever do a Maverick Raptor, that thing might need running lights on the roof of the cab.

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I will say the whole hybrid as a standard caught me by surprise. I can see this feeling in a void where the old rangers left.

Some people in here are going to be jealous of what's in the back seat area :rolleyes:

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Sponsored

Rover72

Outer Banks
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 JLUR, 18 Cadillac XT5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Getting decent mileage with some reasonable pickup truck hauling capability is something I have been waiting to see. I use to load my Prius hatchback like a pickup with anything I could fit with the back seats down. I wanted to chop the back of the Prius and turn into pickup. Ford actually did it.

pan-y-cerveza

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma Pro
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nothing fancy but I like it. This is, honestly, all that most current truck owners need most of the time.

I've already sent a video to my father in-law. This is pretty much the exact truck he's been looking for. He's looking to replace his CRV but didn't want to give up fuel mileage and ride comfort with a full size, or even mid size, truck.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm betting dimes to dollars that the final price to get everything I want out of this thing is going to be close to 60k.

I started building my Bronco at $29,999... By the time I got to a trim that had everything I wanted and all the accessories I need, I'm looking at a $66k Badlands.
Build and price is live now. Ticking almost every option (minus the dozen Ford accessory things) brings the total to just over $35k. Not too bad.

Sponsored

R.A.N.M.J.

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Build and price is live now. Ticking almost every option (minus the dozen Ford accessory things) brings the total to just over $35k. Not too bad.
That's surprisingly cheap! Holy crap... I'm gonna go play on the BnP. Wife and I are talking about maybe getting one for her.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm betting dimes to dollars that the final price to get everything I want out of this thing is going to be close to 60k.

I started building my Bronco at $29,999... By the time I got to a trim that had everything I wanted and all the accessories I need, I'm looking at a $66k Badlands.
Yeah I'm gonna B&P that thing and see how that shakes out when it's up.
Edit since seeing @JTBros post...
Gonna go B&P for the fun of it.