Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Smart vehicle from Ford. I’m not of the belief that 4-Door is this market, but what truck nowadays doesn’t have a 4-Door option?
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
“ I can bust a rhyme about anything. Traffic, traffic, looking for my chapstick, there goes a Ford Maverick. Dats a million dollar rhyme right der”.
I would like to know why EVERY Ford truck hasn't incorporated that bed system years ago?
In other news, Ford now will have three vehicles that require a deposit to reserve well in advance of actual production. Compounding that interest seems to be the new gimmick.

Last edited:

Schmack B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I think this will be good for the small work truck market as well. The Termite guys who use little 2wd tacomas/rangers/frontiers only really need a small bed and something to get around town efficiently. I could also see a lot of transit connect work vans for electricians and such switching to this.

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
LOL I love how Ford lets me choose "pReMiuM BROnCo CoLoRs" like A51 and Cactus Gray for FREE on the base XL Maverick. Awesome!
Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Pickup Revealed! Standard Hybrid, 40MPG City, Under $20k Starting Price! Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 7.31.00 AM

Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Pickup Revealed! Standard Hybrid, 40MPG City, Under $20k Starting Price! Screen Shot 2021-06-08 at 7.31.00 AM
Not Race Red, though.

Sponsored

rugbysecondrow

Black Diamond
First Name
Pauly P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 C-10 stepside
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Nothing fancy but I like it. This is, honestly, all that most current truck owners need most of the time.

I've already sent a video to my father in-law. This is pretty much the exact truck he's been looking for. He's looking to replace his CRV but didn't want to give up fuel mileage and ride comfort with a full size, or even mid size, truck.
I have been wanting something simple like this as well. Also, my daughter turns 16 next year, so this would be a good, lower cost, safe and functional vehicle to add to the household. Suits my needs and hers for a value price.

King_Bronco0327

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

• All-new Ford Maverick is the first standard full-hybrid pickup in America and the most fuel-efficient truck on the market with a targeted EPA-estimated rating of 40 mpg in the city*; while its compact size makes it easy to maneuver and park, there’s room for five adults and plenty of storage space
Oh, wow, that's pretty rad. But the thing I'm really looking at is:

• The Maverick FLEXBED™ system provides organization and cargo solutions to fit owners’ lifestyles, with a multi-position tailgate, slots to use lumber to subdivide the bed, 12 available anchor points, two 12-volt 20-amp prewired sources at the back enabling DIY electrical solutions, plus two available 110-volt outlets for powering a laptop or tailgate party
Having this system in a midsize really ticks off a few boxes for me.

A little confused about the target market though.
I think Ford is trying to lead in the younger generation to Trucks. (I say younger as i’m a Gen Z myself lol)
My theory is that Ford’s like “well the younger generation doesnt like trucks so if we dont introduce it to them in a way they’ll like the purpose of them long term than the truck will die; lets make one that has big bubbly eyes and quacks when you squeeze it.”

bdg149

Base
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021.5 VW Atlas, 1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
  • All-new Ford Maverick is the first standard full-hybrid pickup in America and the most fuel-efficient truck on the market with a targeted EPA-estimated rating of 40 mpg in the city*; while its compact size makes it easy to maneuver and park, there’s room for five adults and plenty of storage space
Oh, wow, that's pretty rad. But the thing I'm really looking at is:

• The Maverick FLEXBED™ system provides organization and cargo solutions to fit owners’ lifestyles, with a multi-position tailgate, slots to use lumber to subdivide the bed, 12 available anchor points, two 12-volt 20-amp prewired sources at the back enabling DIY electrical solutions, plus two available 110-volt outlets for powering a laptop or tailgate party
Having this system in a midsize really ticks off a few boxes for me.

A little confused about the target market though.

I read an interesting point in one of the articles. What if you are in the market for a new compact car that gets good mileage, like a Civic, Corolla, etc? Well, for the same price you can get a truck that has much more capability, and still gets close to the same mileage. This thing will be a hit at that price point.

Ford is using a truck to fill the small car/high mpg void left behind by the cutting the focus

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

Build and price is live now. Ticking almost every option (minus the dozen Ford accessory things) brings the total to just over $35k. Not too bad.
The Ridgeline's base price is roughly $35K and tops out at $45K, interesting.

Aviationtech101

Base
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Reminds me of the old Nissan and Isuzu single bed trucks. They were cheap and affordable enough to park on the side of your house and have a little truck when needed. Drive it to work and get good gas mileage, whip in a little parking spot, beat it up and not care. I miss those things.

TXAG96

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Bullitt, '01 Boxster, '87 TBird Turbo Coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

this truck suffers classic Buttaface syndrome......
Sponsored