Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 Mustang GT, 05 Volvo V70R, 17 Mazda 6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sync 3 without wireless carplay seems like a miss here. Sync 4 is in the bronco and f-150, why not this car? Wireless carplay is so much nicer so why go backward?
It's because the bronco sport uses sync 3, so this gets 3 as well.
Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Meanwhile Ford announced price increases on all models of Ford and Lincoln vehicles, plus the immediate termination of all rebates and incentive plans. “ We are trying to simplify the incentive program at this time. “ The new incentives are rumored to be entirely associated with trade in vehicles. Translation, we need vehicles to keep the dealerships solvent.

Frank N

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Guess there is a profitable market for it...we'll see if it sells.

I will say they sure managed to pack a whole lot of ugly into a little truck.

Andrew_EOD

Wildtrak
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It has some hits and misses. But, all those misses are what keep the price down. I'm getting my lady to look at it. I'm pushing either this or the Bronco Sport... but with her daily driving, the hybrid is the way to go. But even there it's some take some lose some situation. Hybrid tows 2000lbs instead of 4. Hybrid doesn't get FX4 option. But thinking for her, not me... it really is a solid route to take.

Sponsored

Bdisco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘88 911,‘15 Chevy 2500, ‘24 Acura Integra Type S
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So size-wise it goes:

Super-duty
F-150
Ranger
Maverick

Was driving my Chevy 2500 the other day and came up behind what I thought was a F-150 as I got closer it turned out to be a Ranger. Wow not a compact pickup truck at all. The 2500 still towered over it but not by that much.

My Maverick build came up to $33K (1st Edition) cheep money for any kind of truck. If I could put a plow on it and it could tow the pontoon boat, it might be in the running. Guess I'm stuck with my 11 mpg for now, but at least it has a 36 gal tank and it's paid for.

By the way test drove a F-150 w/2.7 to get a feel how it would perform in the Bronco. It was adequate. The truck had cloth seats, no bed liner, no auto climate or cruise and stickered for $50K! :eek:

Last edited:

Blksn955.o

Badlands
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Ford Escape Ti, 94 Ford Mustang GT, 21 BL
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I have found myself interested in this. Been thinking the Ranger really fits our needs with the towing and bed but this is a nice plan b to that. Was also thinking Bronco sporthog if one materializes...but a maveric is far more practical and even more so with a badlands that will already be in the garage.

Wanting to see what the next gen ranger brings to the table. Plan is to replace our 17 escape around 2027 so I got time.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

tCouple gripes after playing around a bit more.
1) Doesn't seem like you can get the hybrid system with the 4WD or 2.0t. I understand why since the Escape hybrid is only FWD but was a big let down after the commercial led off with that. Edit: Escape PHEV is the one with FWD only, not sure why you can’t get the Maverick with AWD and hybrid.
2) Options on the XLT are pretty limited vs Lariat unlike XLT in a lot of other Ford products. (EDIT: XLT Luxury pack seems to take care of that)
3) (pipe dream I know) But if it had a manual, turbo and AWD it'd be one of the coolest trucks in my opinion. They may only sell a few thousand but would be very cool.
For the price though I think it's a great option. It majorly undercuts the Ridgeline but it's also a lot less car. However so many of those owners don't even need that much truck. Excited to see them out there.
It's not FWD only, when you're selecting a trim select the 2.0 and 4WD (actually AWD) becomes an option
Sync 3 without wireless carplay seems like a miss here. Sync 4 is in the bronco and f-150, why not this car? Wireless carplay is so much nicer so why go backward?
Sync 3 is what's on the Bronco Sport and Escape, that tech hasn't reached this line of vehicles yet.

Last edited:

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I actually really like this vehicle. I just priced out on B&P and my Lariat came in at $36k! Wow that's a lot less than the $58k Wildtrak I have planned. This vehicle would work for 90% of what I do, just not the remaining 10%. However, if this was perhaps 10 years ago where I didn't have as much disposable income, and still needed a good camp vehicle this would be it immediately.

It could also function as our DD if my wife was up for a pickup, as my biggest complaint was the size and gas mileage of the ranger and F150. Hmmm....

Where does it have the Bronco beat the most for me? The TOWING! 4K with a little engine, and independent suspension. I know I know, all of you are gonna tell me the Bronco isn't designed for that. Well, with the 10R60 transmission I think that was the biggest limitation to keeping it at 3,500 (just 4K, or even 5K would have been tremendous for me).

Sponsored

JimL

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hybrid Standard, now that is new, move over Prius crowd.

But it does look like a nice compact truck that will serve the needs of many.

Ford Bronco {thread} {filename}

Who's going to buy it...

The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few… or the one.

cardinalsfan

Badlands
First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They are going to sell a ton of these. Functional, efficient, looks pretty good, and fills a gap in the market...seems like a winner.

Edit:. Anybody know if this will qualify for a Fed Tax Credit?
Hyundai has a new truck around the same size/price. Will be interesting.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This thing is absolutely insane. 2.0 EcoBoost, AWD, XLT Luxury package (heated power seats, heated leather steering wheel), FX4 offroad package (skid plates, etc.), 4000 lb towing package.

Comes out to $30k even.

For $30k you get a base 2dr Bronco with none of those features. For those that don't actually need a million miles of ground clearance and 37" tires, this is a mind-boggling steal. Also there are now 0 reasons to EVER buy a Bronco Sport. To get a Sport with the 2.0 and heated seats you're at $37k MINIMUM and you don't even have a bed! RIP Bronco Sport.

I'm still in utter shock at how cheap this thing is.

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
There is no point in having a pickup truck this small. At this size, you might as well get a smaller SUV or crossover. The Maverick is for all the yuppies that want to tell themselves they own a pickup truck.

Maverick is to Ranger, what Bronco Sport is to Bronco. Except at least the Sport makes sense.
Sponsored