First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Pretty sweet. I would expect a two door with a larger bed for the commercial crowd some day. Even this little guy gets stop and go ACC, while Bronco doesnt....
Sponsored

Philvis77

Black Diamond
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Jeep Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
There is no point in having a pickup truck this small. At this size, you might as well get a smaller SUV or crossover. The Maverick is for all the yuppies that want to tell themselves they own a pickup truck.

Maverick is to Ranger, what Bronco Sport is to Bronco. Except at least the Sport makes sense.
So people riding around in the last generation Rangers are yuppies that want to tell themselves they own a pickup? Maybe people don't need honking pickups? Original trucks were not super-sized like they are now.

chowfun27

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler 392
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This thing is absolutely insane. 2.0 EcoBoost, AWD, XLT Luxury package (heated power seats, heated leather steering wheel), FX4 offroad package (skid plates, etc.), 4000 lb towing package.

Comes out to $30k even.

For $30k you get a base 2dr Bronco with none of those features. For those that don't actually need a million miles of ground clearance and 37" tires, this is a mind-boggling steal. Also there are now 0 reasons to EVER buy a Bronco Sport. To get a Sport with the 2.0 and heated seats you're at $37k MINIMUM and you don't even have a bed! RIP Bronco Sport.

I'm still in utter shock at how cheap this thing is.
It really seems like a tremendous value.

xcxv

Heritage
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
This is a great option for high school students born in 2000's! a 'safe' vehicle for kids and dad can 'borrow' it for the occasional HD trip and towing. and it costs less than a civic LX and corolla LE with plastic wheel covers!

Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hyundai has a new truck around the same size/price. Will be interesting.
Last I heard, the Santa Cruz was expected to start at around 30K. It's truck capabilities are a little bit better, but it's also not a hybrid.

The sub-20K start is absolutely insane to me.

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pretty sweet. I would expect a two door with a larger bed for the commercial crowd some day. Even this little guy gets stop and go ACC, while Bronco doesnt....
Can imagine Orkin buying up an entire fleet of these hybrids.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So people riding around in the last generation Rangers are yuppies that want to tell themselves they own a pickup? Maybe people don't need honking pickups? Original trucks were not super-sized like they are now.
True.
While not a fan of the Ranger styling (or this one for style), it is an imposing truck compared the the '93 I bought in '93. 2WD, 2.3 5sp. Only option was AC on it and out the door was maybe $11k.
It hauled everything I needed to haul for years .
And it is a mini-truck compared to the new Rangers.
Guy I sold it to in 2004 is still driving it, original paint and all. Only thing he has had to do to it was replace the clutch, ticking close to 350k miles now.
Bulletproof little utility trucks, and I am glad to see someone bring it to market again.
Mitsubishi sold a metric ass-ton of the Mighty Maxes for a reason.
They were cheap as could be (you knew it going in and didn't expect any more or less), good on gas, and had a bed to haul some stuff in and not worry about.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is a great option for high school students born in 2000's! a 'safe' vehicle for kids and dad can 'borrow' it for the occasional HD trip and towing. and it costs less than a civic and corolla!
Yes. I'm considering looking at one for one of my hellions.

Badplaid72

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think it's a great vehicle. Ford nailed it. So relieved they disappointed again on the interior. If the Maverick had a sweet ass interior, while the Broncos' blows... Well, let's just say I would be very mad and run here to tell you all about it. Whoever the special undersecretary VP of interior design is? They suck.

Sponsored

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
First off, a yuppie wouldn’t be riding around in a 15 year old Ranger. Secondly, times have changed, and most pickups have a minimum 7,000lb towing capacity these days.

People buy these smaller pickups, just so they can say they have a pickup truck. When in reality, a smaller SUV or crossover would get the same job done, more efficiently. It’s an ego thing.

The only benefit I see to the Maverick would be the starting price. But just like the Bronco, let’s see if that ends up being true.

WCS67

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Meh...
It’s like Nissan and Honda had a one night stand and this thing was born from it....
Don’t really care for the front end. Watching the marketing videos it seems like Ford is going after female buyers.

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

There is no point in having a pickup truck this small. At this size, you might as well get a smaller SUV or crossover. The Maverick is for all the yuppies that want to tell themselves they own a pickup truck.

Maverick is to Ranger, what Bronco Sport is to Bronco. Except at least the Sport makes sense.
Not necessarily true. This is for urbanites that want to be able to keep the mess out of the interior, in a place they can easily wash out. For the target market, this is probably gonna be a home run. It’s fine that it’s not for everyone.

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not necessarily true. This is for urbanites that want to be able to keep the mess out of the interior, in a place they can easily wash out. For the target market, this is probably gonna be a home run. It’s fine that it’s not for everyone.
I agree it’s going to sell! I’m just saying that’s because all these urbanites want to claim they drive a pickup truck. That’s the market.
Sponsored