Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Talking points:

• Doug DeMuro's schtick is as tired and played out as pointing out how tired his schtick is, what a hack.

• Area 51 does NOT flatter on Maverick, if ever you wanted to make a car LOOK like a cheap car, that's how you go about it. Shoot it with a paint that came from the dollar store.
He isn't for everyone but once you accept his nerdiness you can learn to swallow the content. I actually laugh at a lot of his stuff now just because I know how excited and odd he can be with certain things.

Agreed. Seeing Area 51 on the Maverick made me go back and look at the photos of it on the Bronco. It had me contemplating a color swap but I'm sticking to my guns.

DesertEagle1776

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Old-Timey Bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Pickup Revealed! Standard Hybrid, 40MPG City, Under $20k Starting Price! TempCP

If I think, "I want a new truck," I'm not overly impressed. But if I think, "I want to replace my Toyota Corrolla,".... now we're talkin.

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ran the B&P on this and a Bronco Sport. Interesting, you can get the 2.0 L on any Maverick (or a hybrid for that matter) but you have to go up to Badlands to get 2.0 on a Sport. That always turns me away from the Sport. Pricing will make this thing a real seller.

Deleted member 3063

Last I heard, the Santa Cruz was expected to start at around 30K. It's truck capabilities are a little bit better, but it's also not a hybrid.
The sub-20K start is absolutely insane to me.
Interesting points on the Santa Cruz truck capabilities is while they are similar in payload, 1,500/1700#, the Cruz can only handle about 600 in the bed while the Mav bed is rated at the full 1,500#. In other words, my 90# wife could easily fetch home 1,410# of stuff in the Maverick bed.
The 5K# tow rating is a win for the turbo Cruz if it's bed is near empty when figuring in the general 9-15% tongue weight rule. While on the other hand the turbo Maverick might tow 4K# with 1k# in the bed figuring the same 90# wife.
To further complicate truck capabilities, the Cruz has no offered integrated trailer brake controller that's required in some states for 4K# and over towing. It's included in the Mav's tow package.

All depending on how the yet to be released total combined weight shakes out on both trucks.

Motor Trend "The "Santa Cruz" bed does have its limit, though. Maximum payload capacity is "just over 1,700 pounds" according to Hyundai spokespeople and "just over 600 pounds in the bed."
That means your trailer tongue weight will have to be pretty light, as well, if you plan to tow anything."

https://www.motortrend.com/news/2022-hyundai-santa-cruz-first-look-review-2/

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
What year is your Ranger? I'm wondering if Ford built the pricing on this with anticipation of inflation continuing to go up. I'm anxious to see where the next Gen Ranger pricing falls too. But to your point, depending on needs, I agree $100 for the size difference makes sense.
2019. Next gen Ranger should go up as they have a new chassis for it, so I see Ranger topping out in the upper $40's/low $50's now and the F150 continuing to grow in size and price until it becomes a homeless camp entirely on it's own.

Bikeric

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1984 4Runner (For Sale)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
First off, a yuppie wouldn’t be riding around in a 15 year old Ranger. Secondly, times have changed, and most pickups have a minimum 7,000lb towing capacity these days.

People buy these smaller pickups, just so they can say they have a pickup truck. When in reality, a smaller SUV or crossover would get the same job done, more efficiently. It’s an ego thing.

The only benefit I see to the Maverick would be the starting price. But just like the Bronco, let’s see if that ends up being true.
To your first point: Not everybody needs a pickup to tow 7,000lbs, but if they did, the Ranger would work just fine. This Maverick is not meant to replace the Ranger or a Super Duty. It's something new. Probably gets better mpg's than the upcoming Hyundai Santa Cruz coming next year.
Your second point: The cheapest Kia SUV is still $5k more and gets barely a few mpg's better mileage. Honda CR-V costs $7k more and gets worse mpg than the Maverick hybrid. I would say this "truck" is more efficient than most SUV/Crossovers.
Third point: The starting price IS Excellent.

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can you please confirm, where did you get an official cup holder count on the Maverick?

I'm not a truck guy and think the Ranger hits the sweet spot of "full sized truck via decade-old sizing of trucks" and thought Maverick sounded like a joke.

However, being hybrid standard this thing should sell like stink on a pig. It absolutely fulfills the needs of so many urbanites who actually want to, you know, be able to drive the thing near other humans or park it in their garage/driveway.
I scanned that video like FB scans your conversations, man.
Veritable Sir Sherlock John Wick there when it was playing.
Two up front.
Bottle/canteen-hipster H20 bottle holders in the doors along with Ipad/ham sammich pockets.
Two in the rear, and a fold down in the rear....and more door storage.
You could have no less than 8 different beverages to choose from and stay hydrated in the Home Depot Garden center parking lot in July.
It a modern marvel!

*all claims of beverage holding apparatuses are subject to review and may/may not be actual counts.
*hydration can also occur in other locations aside from Home Depot. Please talk it over with your doctor if extended dehydration, loss of motor functions, loss of consciousness, or loss of colon control occur.
*always ask for help when lifting heavy/awkward objects. Asking for help is cheaper than a hernia.
*turn around, don't drown.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Anybody notice that the only actual color on that car which isn't an up-charge is velocity blue?

It's nice they brought back the pepper red, that was a Ranger launch color that didn't last long.

Also, Rapid Red ends up being a $3,500 option as it forces you into all the tech options. So if you see a Rapid Red Maverick, somebody spent Ranger FX4 Lariat money on their Maverick. Avoid them on the roadways as they clearly make poor decisions.

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
For complaining about something and not reading and reasons that seems about the right response.

Truly shocking that someone with “bama” in their name can’t see the reason for a smaller, hybrid pickup. /s
Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Pickup Revealed! Standard Hybrid, 40MPG City, Under $20k Starting Price! 8AB7660B-1EB1-4F4F-9D46-9F5EDEF5770A
Seems like you’re the one complaining buddy. Sorry that my opinion of the Maverick made you so upset. 😂

GeotechDuck

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Kia Telluride SX AWD / 2003 Mini Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is this thing available in 4X4? Where is the Sasquatch Package?

ColbyFromBama

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Colby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
To your first point: Not everybody needs a pickup to tow 7,000lbs, but if they did, the Ranger would work just fine. This Maverick is not meant to replace the Ranger or a Super Duty. It's something new. Probably gets better mpg's than the upcoming Hyundai Santa Cruz coming next year.
Your second point: The cheapest Kia SUV is still $5k more and gets barely a few mpg's better mileage. Honda CR-V costs $7k more and gets worse mpg than the Maverick hybrid. I would say this "truck" is more efficient than most SUV/Crossovers.
Third point: The starting price IS Excellent.
Mostly agreed. Like I said, the best thing about the Maverick is the price point.
Sponsored