Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Maverick is a dead loser for names....many of us remember those POS's....

And the top don't come off!
Sponsored

peta8368

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Polaris Slingshot
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

if only the Maverick FX4 comes with the twin clutch transfer case that's on the Bronco Sport Badlands...... (TFL video says it doesn't, it comes with a single clutch transfer case, I believe that means it's very similar, if not the same, as the lower trimmed Bronco Sport)

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford just keeps nailing it. Bronco sport definitely got the better front fascia but I assume they sacrificed design for fuel economy here pretty heavily.

For a “beater” around town truck this thing is perfect. Low maintenance, and BOMBPROOF drivetrain. The 2.5 hybrid in fusions and escapes have gone well over 400k+ in taxi service, whoever looked at that stat and said “We should put this powertrain in a little truck” is an absolute genius. These things will be kicking around for decades just chugging along similar to how the old rangers do.
In my thirst for more knowledge I learned some more. I’ve heard about the reliability of the escape and fusion hybrids, but never knew why. So the 2.5l is really a Mazda engine design, and Ford has been using them forever and they are extremely reliable engines just on their own. Now the hybrid system... it’s basically the same as a Prius. Aisin transmissions is pretty legendary in their own right (A big one is the AW4 in the XJ and TJ wranglers... bulletproof.) but for hybrid transmissions it’s a short list and all extremely reliable vehicles. This is incorrect Ford moved to an in-house hybrid system with the newer generation hybrids.
Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Pickup Revealed! Standard Hybrid, 40MPG City, Under $20k Starting Price! C676F44A-D5F0-42AA-9FAD-592D80B5844C

Pretty awesome. Basically Toyota reliability ina Ford truck that gets 40 MPG what’s not to love?

Last edited:

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

For complaining about something and not reading and reasons that seems about the right response.

Truly shocking that someone with “bama” in their name can’t see the reason for a smaller, hybrid pickup. /s
He’s the king of bad takes on the forum and one who can’t handle it when someone calls him out or 🤮 on his posts. He is continuing to go through my post history and 🤮 on my posts...even ones that are just facts. :rolleyes:

Sponsored

Deleted member 3063

if only the Maverick FX4 comes with the twin clutch transfer case that's on the Bronco Sport Badlands...... (TFL video says it doesn't, it comes with a single clutch transfer case, I believe that means it's very similar, if not the same, as the lower trimmed Bronco Sport)
That will come with the Maverick Tremor package.

Laminar

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cougar
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
In my thirst for more knowledge I learned some more. I’ve heard about the reliability of the escape and fusion hybrids, but never knew why. So the 2.5l is really a Mazda engine design, and Ford has been using them forever and they are extremely reliable engines just on their own.
As you found out, Ford's Duratec is just a rebranded Mazda MZR/L-series. The EcoBoost is just a Duratec with a turbo and direct injection slapped on. So the 2.0, 2.3, and 2.5 are all Mazda engines at heart and have existed in some form since 2001.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
I still don't understand why they did not bring back the more appropriate name, Ranchero?

Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Pickup Revealed! Standard Hybrid, 40MPG City, Under $20k Starting Price! 1623175102188
Maverick is a WAY stronger brand name than Ranchero. Ford has made it apparent that the “history” behind their names doesn’t matter as long as the product they’re putting it on is quality. Between Bronco/Bronco sport, Mustang Mach E, Lightning, and now Maverick it’s clear that what the product originally was no longer has a bearing on what the name can represent. Ford would rather keep these brands around and reimagine them than let them wither away into the pages of Wikipedia.

Sponsored

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Meanwhile Ford announced price increases on all models of Ford and Lincoln vehicles, plus the immediate termination of all rebates and incentive plans. “ We are trying to simplify the incentive program at this time. “ The new incentives are rumored to be entirely associated with trade in vehicles. Translation, we need vehicles to keep the dealerships solvent.

If they want to keep dealerships solvent, then do things that inspire customers to actually spend money, not lose it. No ADMs, FAIR trade-in values (c'mon, when Carmax, Carvana, and Vroom are offering thousands MORE than local dealerships in some areas, no wonder the dealerships aren't get trade-ins/used vehicles), and maybe even offer service discounts (My Jeep : dealer offers a $60 synthetic oil change with filter and tire balance and rotation service. Ford? They want $119 for that. Why twice as much?!?).

As for the Maverick - it would serve it's purpose. My Jeep Compass? not great for some needs - no way to wash out the back, anything over 5 ft long isnt going in the back, so it has to go on top, and it has some other frustrations as well. But the Maverick? Perfect for the subdivision homeowner who needs something "just enough" to do light duty hauling and run errands in the same vehicle from a utilitarian minimalist approach where even the Ranger is a bit over the top.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Maverick is a WAY stronger brand name than Ranchero. Ford has made it apparent that the “history” behind their names doesn’t matter as long as the product they’re putting it on is quality. Between Bronco/Bronco sport, Mustang Mach E, Lightning, and now Maverick it’s clear that what the product originally was no longer has a bearing on what the name can represent. Ford would rather keep these brands around and reimagine them than let them wither away into the pages of Wikipedia.
Such a shame, lost opportunity.

Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Pickup Revealed! Standard Hybrid, 40MPG City, Under $20k Starting Price! 1623176667957

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Such a shame, lost opportunity.

1623176667957.png
I agree but I don’t think there’s any brand equity in ranchero honestly. Just like every K5 blazer and Scout owner hears “NICE BRONCO” every day I would bet $1000 that every Ranchero owner hears “NICE EL CAMINO” every day too. It’s a nameplate that has been forgotten by all but Ford enthusiasts. The Maverick’s spirit of being a cheap family vehicle lives on in the new Maverick. Plus at this point hardly anyone even knows what a Ford Maverick was. Ford is done with sedans and if they’ve got the nameplate available may as well put it on something that’s pretty Maverick-y by being outside the box.

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's not for my needs, but I think Ford is going to have a hit on their hands. The only competition is the Santa Cruz, but I don't think it's much of a truck.
Sponsored