Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My fully loaded '19 Ranger SuperCab, Lariat, FX4, with tech package was only $6K more than the Maverick you priced above and obliterates it in performance, specs, capabilities and any metric you have except MPG.

How on earth somebody could make a comparison that the Maverick was the better purchase at those fully loaded prices is beyond me. Tarting up a Maverick to anything above a $27-28K transaction price gets you to the point where the vehicle doesn't make a compelling argument and there are better vehicles in the same stable.
501A supercrew FX4 w/ tow package is $44K. So that makes it $9K more than the $35K loaded Maverick (I built a $37K personally just to see). $7K-$9K more before taxes is a considerable amount of money especially if you know that the Maverick can handle what you throw at it.

Plus you can get a moon roof with the Maverick!
Sponsored

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Why do you think you'll be replacing batteries? Long do fusion/cmax hybrid battery packs last?
They usually last 8-10 years or around 100,000 miles if not more. If you have a dealer do it it could be fairly expensive. Having an independent shop is much cheaper and doing DIY saves a ton of money and has been tacked by many people.

swooshdave

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Boeing makes impressive jets engines and Renault makes F1 engines, would either make a better pickup truck than Ford?

Being impressed, or making bad analogies, doesn't answer my question.
Boeing doesn't make engines. 🤨

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Rolls Royce makes impressive jets engines and Renault makes F1 engines, would either make a better more accessible pickup truck than Ford?

Being impressed, or making bad analogies, doesn't answer my question.

edit: RR for Boeing
I like turtles

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only reservation I have is using this system again
I’m all for welcoming the future and am generally of the thought there’s a lot more good than bad, but is this *really* the best way forward? Ordering online is great but not a fan of adopting this part of Tesla’s business model. 4 vehicles on Ford’s site have this option now. Bit excessive.

Sponsored

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is quite a sweet spot:
1. Low $20Ks.
2. Almost 40MPG overall.
3. Can hold 5 people or 38 bags of 40 lbs Mulch.

What other new vehicle even comes close to that?

Its competition appears to be USED vehicles.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
    • If you don't need a vehicle to haul things or have a bed..... Then why would you look at Maverick at all?
Maybe I missed someone's earlier post, but I cannot envision anyone in their right mind buying a Maverick if they didn't intend to haul things or use the bed. Simply because the bed of trucks is half the vehicle/space

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
With the death of the sedan and explosion of SUV/CUVs of every size, Chevy really has a crowded field, but Ford with the EcoSport, Escape, Bronco Sport, Edge, Explorer, Bronco, Expedition you have a pretty good amount of crossover sales between models. I don't see why this is an issue with trucks. There's an ass for every seat.

Techun

Black Diamond
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BD, 2.7, MIC, 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
They usually last 8-10 years or around 100,000 miles if not more. If you have a dealer do it it could be fairly expensive. Having an independent shop is much cheaper and doing DIY saves a ton of money and has been tacked by many people.
The warranty was 8 years and 100k. I highly doubt they would design a battery pack so they would have to replace 50% of them for free under warranty.

Some good discussion here, but far from conclusive. My wife's car with 140k is still performing like new, as far as I can tell.

https://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/8230-expected-life-of-hvb-and-cost-to-replace/
Sponsored