First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Maverick, Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
This is great! Very surprised of the 2.5 hybrid. Great first truck for a young person on a budget, or a extra vehicle to have around for odds\ends that can also be a commuter. imo (y)
Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The warranty was 8 years and 100k. I highly doubt they would design a battery pack so they would have to replace 50% of them for free under warranty.

Some good discussion here, but far from conclusive. My wife's car with 140k is still performing like new, as far as I can tell.

https://fordcmaxhybridforum.com/topic/8230-expected-life-of-hvb-and-cost-to-replace/
Lots of good info there! I’m in NY so I’d see a wide variety of temps. Today we were at over 90 and some days in the winter we’re under 10. Seems like the Energi suffers more while the regular hybrid is less prone to these losses.

Sponsored

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I’m all for welcoming the future and am generally of the thought there’s a lot more good than bad, but is this *really* the best way forward? Ordering online is great but not a fan of adopting this part of Tesla’s business model. 4 vehicles on Ford’s site have this option now. Bit excessive.
Maybe a bunch of us here missed it, but you cannot order a Ford online.

You can reserve four Ford models online, but you still are at the mercy of the dealers to do your order.

Garemlin

Black Diamond
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
---
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
My fully loaded '19 Ranger SuperCab, Lariat, FX4, with tech package was only $6K more than the Maverick you priced above and obliterates it in performance, specs, capabilities and any metric you have except MPG.

How on earth somebody could make a comparison that the Maverick was the better purchase at those fully loaded prices is beyond me. Tarting up a Maverick to anything above a $27-28K transaction price gets you to the point where the vehicle doesn't make a compelling argument and there are better vehicles in the same stable.

Hmmmm I just priced a fully loaded Ranger Lariat with the FX4 package and it was $10k more. $10k is quite substantial.

I don't even know why you are comparing yours to the Maverick. Completely different target audience. The Maverick is for people who might need the utility of a truck bed once in a blue moon.

But fully loaded aside let's take a look at what comes standard on the base model. Some premium features.

LED headlights
8" touch screen with apple/android
Pre collision with emergency braking
Flexbed with outlet

Not bad for under $20k.

Last edited:

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Maybe a bunch of us here missed it, but you cannot order a Ford online.

You can reserve four Ford models online, but you still are at the mercy of the dealers to do your order.
Yeah I was saying that part of the online process I appreciate but am not a fan of leaning on reservations. Wasn’t totally clear. Kinda ironic you can do one but not the other though lol.

Deleted member 3063

I should correct myself. It seems the battery warranty is 10 years or 150k for certain states.
And as the "internet experts" know all too well, once a warranty expires you automatically have to replace the covered parts. Tell that to all those Ford hybrid taxis with over 300K miles on the clock. There are plenty of high mileage hybrids out there on the original battery. That bunch of macaroons out there probably swap out their drivelines at 50K miles LMFAO.
Hint for the clueless - warranty guarantees it will last at least that long.

Last edited by a moderator:

DLJohnson

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Harley Street Glide
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
After reading this whole thread (yes, all 21 pages), there are tons of individual comments I'd like to reply to but won't. I think the Maverick is an awesome vehicle that will sell really well to people who need its specific capabilities. Over the last year and a half I've purchased a deep freezer and rolling toolbox plus lumber for a handful of home improvement projects and the bed of this thing would have been perfect for all of them. I've kicked myself for not having a shitbox 90's mini truck of some sort just for the bed.

Yes, technically I was able to cut the deep freezer out of the box in the Lowe's parking lot and fuck up the headliner in my gf's Lincoln MKX a little bit to fit it inside but a small bed that isn't INCLOSED would have made my life infinitely easier. And I wouldn't still be hearing about a slightly torn headliner 😂🤣

Sponsored

DC9atnight

Black Diamond
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

In 1982 I was rocking Journey’s Escape cassette on my Walkman in my 1976 Ford Courier and dreaming of a Ford Bronco. But look Who’s Crying now. I Didn’t Stop Believin’, I Kept On Runnin’ and after all these years I get to Lay It Down for a Bronco in 22!

But I’m also Stone In Love for my Courier days and would welcome a Maverick with Open Arms!

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a Ford shareholder I really am disappointed that the hybrid powertrain is not available in AWD versions. Really seems to be a missed opportunity for those who love the gas mileage of the hybrid and live where it snows. Hopefully Ford quickly corrects this in future models.

JTBros

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GR Corolla
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

As a Ford shareholder I really am disappointed that the hybrid powertrain is not available in AWD versions. Really seems to be a missed opportunity for those who love the gas mileage of the hybrid and live where it snows. Hopefully Ford quickly corrects this in future models.
It’s cause the Escape hybrid is also FWD only. I do agree however that that is poor planning from Ford. Toyota does hybrid AWD with engine in the front and motors in the back. Not sure why Ford didn’t look into making that packaging for this platform.

edit: I was incorrect, the Escape PHEV is the one that’s only FWD.
Sponsored

Last edited: