Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Looking seriously at these stats and photos. 2.0 only for me to bypass the CVT transmission issue......the Model A Ford may have a little brother some 91 years later. 😂

I like what I see so far and I have owned numerous pickups through the years - but this would be a light weight and low workload truck ok for my present elder needs. ✔🌎
The CVT bothered me until it was pointed out it's not your typical CVT, but a geared version sourced from the Prius. It should hold up well, I haven't heard about any problems from those.
Sponsored

Deleted member 20241

The CVT bothered me until it was pointed out it's not your typical CVT, but a geared version sourced from the Prius. It should hold up well, I haven't heard about any problems from those.
Thanks for the input about the CVT..... a test drive will be in order on this choice. ✔

Jeffal

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Why did they reuse the Maverick name? "Ford Maverick" has negative connotations for anybody over 45. If they're going to reuse a name they should have gone with "F-100".

Edit to add, I think Ford will sell a ton of them.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Came here to see if this had been posted. Would be nice if @Administrator would get this on post #1 as well since it's great info for a non-Bronco model. I've posted the full image below in hopes that it makes it to post #1.

Ultimately this size comparison gives greater weight as to why Maverick is a great option until you get to about $27-28K, when Ranger becomes the overwhelming favorite.

I just priced out a Maverick while throwing all the beans at it, and it topped $35K, the Ranger you can get at $35K whips Maverick handily.

Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Pickup Revealed! Standard Hybrid, 40MPG City, Under $20k Starting Price! How big is the Maverick

KrazeeEyezKilla

First Edition
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First Edition
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I think I'd consider one but need AWD, so therefore don't get the benefit of the hybrid engine and great MPG. :(

As far as Maverick vs. Ranger...are the interiors the same size, namely the second row? Hard to tell from the info that's out there.

Sponsored

LEGORick

First Edition
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Ford F-150 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In order to make getting one feasible, to be a daily driver along side my FE, I priced an XL at under $23k. I couldn't believe it! Bare bones, but with a spray-in bed liner and moon roof. Still so many more features than my '89 F-150 that had been my daily driver for years. $23k?? It was like adding a side of fries with my burger (the Bronco).

Deleted member 20241

Came here to see if this had been posted. Would be nice if @Administrator would get this on post #1 as well since it's great info for a non-Bronco model. I've posted the full image below in hopes that it makes it to post #1.

Ultimately this size comparison gives greater weight as to why Maverick is a great option until you get to about $27-28K, when Ranger becomes the overwhelming favorite.

I just priced out a Maverick while throwing all the beans at it, and it topped $35K, the Ranger you can get at $35K whips Maverick handily.

How big is the Maverick.png
Thanks for the comparison chart and hard numbers.
Now I can throw the tape measure down on the garage floor to see where the length will fit into my garage and more importantly - my wife’s life as we maneuver around the two car garage.

At the described length, the Bronco and potentially a Maverick may make good stable mates. The senior Ford, well she has her own individual garage - all Model A Ford land out there. ✔🇺🇸

Last edited by a moderator:

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was going to say some mean stuff. But I don't feel like it. But I will say that this... thing... is stupid and a waste of resources for Ford

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

@C. Shelby
that's a nice photo of the top of one of my favorite mountains there in your avatar!
Plan to take the Bronco up there, camp over night and then go up for some sunrise photos - when ever I actually get mine.

sorry for the distraction, but that's a nice photo!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Heritage
Administrator
Staff member
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Deleted member 20241

@C. Shelby
that's a nice photo of the top of one of my favorite mountains there in your avatar!
Plan to take the Bronco up there, camp over night and then go up for some sunrise photos - when ever I actually get mine.

sorry for the distraction, but that's a nice photo!
Thanks for the reply....
I also live at the base of the mountain and I love the fact that your initial trips include a run up and camp out .....
Sounds great and I wish you well ..... now if we can get the vehicles built!
Hang in there!

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why did they reuse the Maverick name? "Ford Maverick" has negative connotations for anybody over 45. If they're going to reuse a name they should have gone with "F-100".
Uh the Maverick name (in the US at least) hasn't been used since 1977

Sherminiator

Big Bend
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ford isn't using the same transmission as the Prius. There is also zero gearing in it too...CVTs use a band to "shift" with.
Sponsored