Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I guess for the truck owners that don't haul anything or leave pavement, it should be a nice alternative to the Ridgeline. Not my vision for a truck, but I'm sure it meets may people's needs.
Sponsored

Rydfree

Badlands
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4WD King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I get it. I would never buy a 2 door truck myself. But making a tiny subcompact truck with 4 doors is pretty ridiculous, IMO.
Almost as ridiculous as making a 4 door Fiesta ST and Focus ST. Give me the 2 door Europe gets and I'm not even close to shopping for a Bronco.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If only ford made a 2 door maverick or ranger, I'd switch over from the bronco to that in like 2 seconds.
They do. I've got one. Crew-Cab Rangers outsell the Super Cab by about 20:1.

Smallest form factor you can get with a proper 6' bed and reasonable towing/hauling without having a vehicle too large for a standard garage.

This is also why I know that the 2.3 in Bronco is going to be a fantastic motor, the transmission lets this truck down and will be rectified in Bronco.

Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Truck Unibody Fully Leaked flaps 2

bluezombi

Outer Banks
First Name
Louis Pierre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bicycle
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So, i can place a cooler and 24 pack of beer in the box.... Guess, its barely ok

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Smallest form factor you can get with a proper 6' bed and reasonable towing/hauling without having a vehicle too large for a standard garage.

This is also why I know that the 2.3 in Bronco is going to be a fantastic motor, the transmission lets this truck down and will be rectified in Bronco.

flaps 2.jpg
I’ve been looking for a supercab Lariat FX4 and they are hard to come by. A ton of supercrews though. I don’t have a need for the crew cab and I would like a 6ft bed. Oh and it can’t be grey, silver, black or white. A man can dream!

Last edited:

Bdockins

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Truck Unibody Fully Leaked flaps 2
Rick, you going 7MT for your Bronco?
nice lookin Ranger.

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
There's a huge hole in the market right now. The Ranger is not a "mid"-sized truck -- it's a big as my wife's 1984 F-150. The Ford is trying to be one of the first to get an entry into the soon-to-be-reborn "mini"-size truck market, and I think it is an excellent move as they'll sell like hotcakes. There are a lot of people out there that want more utility but don't want something as big as a Ranger. If you were alive then, think back to the mini-truck boom in the 70's.

Ford is also taking a page out of Mercedes' book. Ever since the C-class came out in 1996 (the then smallest MB in the U.S.), the C-class updates have always been scheduled shortly after the new S-class (then most prestigious MB) came out, with the C-class being styled as a "baby S-class."

My take on the Maverick's shape is it is closely following the form of the 2021 F-150, down to the same-shaped cut-out for a chrome insert at the trailing edge of the front fender. That's the sort of "prestige by association" that will subconsciously draw in people would want a "macho" F-150 but can't deal with the massive F-150 size or price -- kudos to Ford for milking as much out of the value of the F-150 brand as they can.

Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’ve been looking for a supercab Lariat FX4 and they are hard to come by. A ton of supercabs though. I don’t have a need for the crew cab and I would like a 6ft bed. Oh and it can’t be grey, silver, black or white. A man can dream!
We pre-ordered the day that the order banks went live. At the time it was the only way to get a Super Cab. Also had an extra 3 month wait as ~80% of pre-orders were Crew Cab. Then the extra few month wait because of the $95 stick-on remote keypad part number was being recalled for the first time (hint: It's on it's third revision currently and won't get resolved before Bronco enters production, avoid it!)

There are only about 5 Super Cab's for sale here in Seattle at any given time. Dealerships only order them as strippers to sell to young guys. Black or white, XL's, no options. Other than that you get the $43K Lariat fully-loaded rigs in black, white or gray.....

Yea, Lightning Blue, LOOK AT IT, FEEL IT'S BEAUTY!!!!! Bronco 1st editions in Lightning Blue are going to look soooooooooo much better than Velocity Blue.

Rick, you going 7MT for your Bronco?
nice lookin Ranger.
2.3/7MT was the winning combination that got me hooked on Bronco. Cactus Gray turning from an amazing retro color to looking like the fresh concrete at an old-folks home was a blow. And not the good kind. Or the kind you pay for in a pinch. Thankfully the good folks at Ford have blessed us with a diverse array of non-grayscale colors to choose from, aside from Lightning Blue.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford really hates 2 door trucks for some reason. Like despises them.
Ford loves whatever sells. Two-door trucks don't sell in nearly the numbers that four-doors do. Did you know the SuperCrew F150 far outsells the SuperCab and Regular cab models?

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I wish ford would scrap the Maverick project and use that budget towards Bronco.

Trustable

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Focus se
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

flaps 2.jpg
I just mean like a 2/3 seat 2 door, i was looking at those crewcab rangers before the bronco was put up for reservation, they are nice looking. I want a combination that will never happen, which as a 2 door, 2 seat, 8 foot bed ranger. The f150 is just to large no matter what form factor you choose imo. Heck I'd even take a 2 seater with a 6 foot bed, could save a foot of space that way at least.
Sponsored

Last edited: