First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco II Eddie Bauer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ford really hates 2 door trucks for some reason. Like despises them.
I think its based on Market demand. Very few want a true 2 door truck except for commercial fleets.

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I like mini-trucks, but this is such an odd niche for Ford given that the Transit Connect exists. If the use-case is "urban runabout", why wouldn't one just buy a TC?

50foxbody

Badlands
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Ford Mustang GT, 2015 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You guys missed it, Ford is bringing back the Ranchero only with 4 doors.
129671_97ba40353e5d6b38.jpg
I don’t get why Ford keeps screwing up these names, it was called a ranchero, not maverick truck?
It’s like the Mustang Mach E, I don’t care that you made an electric suv, just don’t call it a Mustang

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
People who buy trucks hate them.
Yep, theres a very few percentage of people who still want/buy a regular cab truck.

Is this supposed to be a cross over truck? I don't understand the purpose of this vehicle when they have the Ranger already.
It will be smaller than the ranger

I guess for the truck owners that don't haul anything or leave pavement, it should be a nice alternative to the Ridgeline. Not my vision for a truck, but I'm sure it meets may people's needs.
Yep, its more for the people that occasionally need a bed but not the full capabilities of a truck.

I still cannot picture anyone actually buying one of these - maybe the export market and diehard Top Gun fans but who else?
I would think contractors might love this thing. I didn't think the small transit vans would be a hit but a ton of my customers have them and love them to death.

I like mini-trucks, but this is such an odd niche for Ford given that the Transit Connect exists. If the use-case is "urban runabout", why wouldn't one just buy a TC?
I think this will be a hit with the people who want a transit connect but might need the flexibility of a bed.

Sponsored

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I think this will be a hit with the people who want a transit connect but might need the flexibility of a bed.
What are the advantages of a bed over a cargo area? Would one be hauling anything taller than the roofline? Quicker access without having to open a door? Cleaner passenger area?

Not trying to knock this, just curious how one would sell the Maverick over the Transit Connect, especially given the chassis designs/engine options (assuming) are so similar.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Yeaaaaaaa, i'm good with having the 6' bed in Ranger. Willing to bet my alleged son that a CrewCab Ranger with 8' bed isn't happening. If you needed that size vehicle, you would actually need more engine and brakes than Ranger has available. After the modifications to make Ranger capable in that configuration then aren't you already priced into a F150?

Next up you'll say it is going to have a solar cell on the roof to power a bong lighter to take sales away from VW!

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
What are the advantages of a bed over a cargo area? Would one be hauling anything taller than the roofline? Quicker access without having to open a door? Cleaner passenger area?

Not trying to knock this, just curious how one would sell the Maverick over the Transit Connect, especially given the chassis designs/engine options (assuming) are so similar.
I Know there have been plenty of times we have tried to fit stuff into our Explorer where it just is to awkwardly sized to fit and needed the open area of a bed.

I am sure a contractor/handy man would have plenty of times a bed would be useful. Running stuff to a job site to drop off pick up, could have stuff loaded right into the bed from suppliers(depending on payload obviously)

Really it would come down to the same thing with someone debating between a work truck and a full size van what ever fits their needs. Sometimes a bed is more useful, sometimes the van is more useful. And in the best case for Ford the customer buys both of them lol

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Don't underestimate the need to have large items put into the bed via forklift or cherry picker. And also the UX of having people able to access the bed at any position instead of a single entry point.

Trucks have a lot of capability for dirty things and raw materials that you would prefer not to have in an enclosed space.

We have both for our summer camping and each has very strong benefits over the other which is why both exist based on need. If you need a truck and a bed, you're not getting a Transit Connect.

Full disclosure: I'm "that guy" who hauled his FE 390 engine around in the back of a 1991 Honda Civic wagon to machine shops while building it. Then the transmission afterward. Utterly ruined the interior and was a major PITA to get large/heavy items in the wagon. Even a Subaru Brat would have been easier, and those things suck.

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Think about stacking in some bags of mulch or something. You can toss them in or pull them out over the bedsides.

Sponsored

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am downsizing from this tank which was smaller than my F350 tank. I dont need the capabilities anymore, but I do use it a ton to haul stuff plus its really nice on trips and gets 21 mpg with the 3.5. The Bronco is gonna require me to get a little utility trailer instead which is fine, if it wasnt for the Bronco, I was already looking at the Ranger which can haul 7500. we also need a 4x4 for where we live during the colder months so my wife can get to work.

truck.jpg
I'll likely do something similar, meaning a utility trailer. I don't currently have or have never owned a truck.

PhoenixM3

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R, 2018 Fiesta ST, 2018 Fusion Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Likely won't buy from Phil Long Ford. Who knows? That's the dealership with whom I'd made a reservation with - it doesn't mean that I won't switch.....

bdub2you

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford really hates 2 door trucks for some reason. Like despises them.
Actually it's customers/the market that hates them. People don't buy new 2 door trucks, so Ford doesn't make many. The truck is the rural SUV and buyers almost always want 4 doors.
Sponsored