First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks, all good points. I could see this doing some light-duty rural work as well. Could easily carry around chainsaws, gas cans, and tools without getting your interior ruined with fuel, grease, and oil. The lower height would be helpful as well.
Sponsored

Last edited:

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Actually it's customers/the market that hates them. People don't buy new 2 door trucks, so Ford doesn't make many. The truck is the rural SUV and buyers almost always want 4 doors.
Yep. It made sense when trucks were pretty much field vehicles that barely left FM roads.

With a combination of regulations and shifting market needs, the price has been driven way up-market and now people often need them to be a jack-of-all-trades. The cost difference between two and four doors is minor for most people.

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Sponsored

rapidredbronco2021

Badlands
First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands 2 door MT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I guess for the truck owners that don't haul anything or leave pavement, it should be a nice alternative to the Ridgeline. Not my vision for a truck, but I'm sure it meets may people's needs.
I agree, if I was in the market for a truck the Ridgeline or this Maverick or the Hyundai truck would be on my list just because it's basically a crossover with a bed. But it's still cool for the people that will want or have use for a smaller vehicle with a bed.

The Maverick might do better than the Ridgeline because it will be smaller and in a "new" segment without truck based/body on frame competition is. I doubt Ford will be alone for long to have a vehicle in this segment

Throwback

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Because they offer them for consumers and next to no one buys them. I mean barely anyone buys 2Dr Jeeps and very few people have reserved 2Dr Broncos.

I don't see why Ford is even making the Trucklette for the US, maybe to make MPG limits.
And the reason no one buys them (by the statistics) is because dealers sell what's on the lot. They order all 4 door vehicles, so you only have that choice unless you specifically request otherwise. The only place the dealer orders a 2-door is for "fleet" and maybe one or two, here or there just to hang out on the lot. (The reason is greed, btw. They get more money if they don't sell 2-doors)

Altitude

Badlands
First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Grand Cherokee, 2008 Suzuki B-King
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm getting some Dodge Rampage vibes here.
Ford Bronco Ford Maverick Truck Unibody Fully Leaked 1200px-1982_Dodge_Rampage_pickup_at_2019_AACA_Hershey_meet_8of7

Sponsored

t3n2and4

Badlands
First Name
VJ
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Badlands, F150, VW CC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

For “why not a transit connect” question: things that are obviously work vans (commercial only) don’t have as much appeal to most buyers. Vanishingly few transit connect wagons sold.

For the utility of a bed - I had an Explorer and a SportTrac and now we have an F150 with a bed tray and a cap. The cap makes for an *excellent* shed. It is a god awful pickup truck. Even with the bed slide if you put too much weight on it you can‘t slide it in and out. Looks nerdy as hell with the tall cap.

The SportTrac with the 50/50 tonneau and extender was great. Drop the tailgate and 2 flips you have an open 5’ bed. Take it off entirely for a servicable 8’ in the middle bed with the extender out. Close the tonneau and you’ve got a decent mid size sedan with a HUGE trunk.

I put a de-thatcher rented from home depot in the back of my GTI once. Huge mistake. Stank for a long time even with a tarp.

Rocketeer Rick

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 F150 STX 5.0L, 1999 Mustang Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Tied to that, when Ford previously killed off Ranger, they took the stance that the compact/midsize market was dying and that Ranger buyers were mostly just looking for a cheap vehicle. That coincided with the reintroduction of the Fiesta in NA, so they figured cheap buyers will choose that car as their cheap ticket.

People that actually picked the Ranger for truck work would split between F150 and Transit Connect models. Some did go that way; I think some fleet operators were happy with the TC. But other customers went to the Toyota store instead...

5.0Maverick

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 maverick.
Your Bronco Model
Base
I mean, if it can come with the 2.3mt and awd annnd be tastefully stanced...

...and do light weekend work???
Sponsored