Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm sure this has happened to people on here. But - finally - after 16 months from my 7/14/20 reservation date, my Bronco is ready to build. My dealer and I have gone through the order a million times -- Area 51 Outer Banks. I checked it in writing; he checked it in writing. I finally get my VIN. I go to check it and it's a Wild Track, not an Outer Banks!!!! He says there probably isn't much that can be done about it and that Ford has been "messing up orders a lot."

Is this for real? Can these types of errors be happening a lot?

Not sure if there are any suggestions on how to fix this...
Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes, if it truly is a mistake and you have documented proof it can be fixed. Your dealer will need to contact their rep and they are able to work with Ford to create you a new order and VIN. It has reportedly been done a few times. Also, well Ford has screwed up a bunch of things Bronco, I have not seen any reports of them screwing up an order, it usually turns out that the dealer is at fault

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

That's a dealer issue, not Ford. Greens05 nailed it with his comment!

Cheshire

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Dr Bronco BaseSquatch 2.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm sure this has happened to people on here. But - finally - after 16 months from my 7/14/20 reservation date, my Bronco is ready to build. My dealer and I have gone through the order a million times -- Area 51 Outer Banks. I checked it in writing; he checked it in writing. I finally get my VIN. I go to check it and it's a Wild Track, not an Outer Banks!!!! He says there probably isn't much that can be done about it and that Ford has been "messing up orders a lot."

Is this for real? Can these types of errors be happening a lot?

Not sure if there are any suggestions on how to fix this...
It's a blessing in disguise! Wildtrak is a lot more desirable than Outer Banks!

Sponsored

Cartman3132

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That's a dealer issue, not Ford. Greens05 nailed it with his comment!
I'd normally be screaming about the dealer being at fault right next to you but it seems they've both gone over the paperwork and confirmed the Dora multiple times. If this is a mistake it's malicious and they know they changed it to screw him. I'd be calling Ford bronco line ASAP.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'd normally be screaming about the dealer being at fault right next to you but it seems they've both gone over the paperwork and confirmed the Dora multiple times. If this is a mistake it's malicious and they know they changed it to screw him. I'd be calling Ford bronco line ASAP.
Then let's see the WBDO. No reason to play games about he said/she said. Show the WBDO and all will be clear to everyone.

OP
OP
Shazamalingo

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yeah, it's a hot mess. So, once you have a VIN, there is nothing that can be changed on the car, correct? Not the trim. Not an option?

Sandbergo

Outer Banks
First Name
Jelani & Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Free upgrade! Haha, I would see if they would be able to knock it down to the cost of your original order or at least meet you half way. If the dealer won’t maybe Ford will step up and help, but I would not hold my breath. Good luck either way.

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, it's a hot mess. So, once you have a VIN, there is nothing that can be changed on the car, correct? Not the trim. Not an option?
Like I said, if you can prove a mistake was made then it can be corrected post VIN.

OP
OP
Shazamalingo

Shazamalingo

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 OBX SAS
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Then let's see the WBDO. No reason to play games about he said/she said. Show the WBDO and all will be clear to everyone.
I don't even know what a WBDO is!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think he was referring to your Order Preview sheet which is also commonly referred to as a DORA around these parts. WBDO stand for Web Based Dealer Ordering and it is the program used by dealers.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, that would be the receipt that would clearly show you what your dealer actually ordered with Ford. Your earlier statement of, "in writing" loses all value if your dealer never confirmed with you what they actually ordered. With that, take ALL your written documentation, present it to the dealer, and insist that they involve their area rep to sort through and get you made whole on that build you want. The absence of a WBDO that you have seen, solidifies my argument that this is a dealer issue and not a Ford issue.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think he was referring to your Order Preview sheet which is also commonly referred to as a DORA around these parts. WBDO stand for Web Based Dealer Ordering and it is the program used by dealers.
That is correct. It is the receipt showing exactly what your dealer placed on order with Ford. It replaces the old DORA.
Sponsored