Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Well, you do get weekends, holidays and summer’s off... I’m sure it all balances out... (/s obviously, cause teacher stress has been multiplied by about 300% this year)
Ford Bronco Ford (Mike Levine) hints Build & Price going live October 23 1603069075011

Fixed it for you.

If you actually did mean that in a sarcastic way, then disregard.
Sponsored

bozmosis

Wildtrak
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford '21 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

While I don't totally disagree... (I work in software development as well, for we'll just say a well know tech company) anyway, for a company this size, I'd be shocked if ford ftes are handling this. More likely Accenture or some other consulting firm. Combo of both probably.

Anyway, my bet is, from a software standpoint, it's likely already in prod or will be released to prod a few days before... Just hidden. (There's your Tuesday/Wednesday) Then the commerical go live (release to us) will be simply making it unhidden or active. (Friday)That way they can verify in prod beforehand. And the support team will be on standby for the commerical "go-live" for when/if something goes sideways.

For a Fortune 500 company like Ford, releasing to prod same day as making it available to the public would just be bad practice.

Or at least that's how I'd handle it. But it also wouldn't surprise me if that's not how it's handled and gets all botched up, lol

Anyway, I guess my point is Friday doesn't seem like a stretch to me. But it's also end of the week. By the way the tweet is worded, it just means we could be doing b&p on that day. Could be released on wed... And then yes, his tweet would still be true...
I can’t imagine if it was going live this Friday that the site isn’t already up and just not public. I would think there would be smoke and stress tests being done behind the scenes this week. My guess would be go or no go would be based off the testing.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Well, you do get weekends, holidays and summer’s off... I’m sure it all balances out...
Ford Bronco Ford (Mike Levine) hints Build & Price going live October 23 1603069075011

Fixed it for you.

If you actually did mean that in a sarcastic way, then disregard.
Ha, ha. Thanks. Second career. There are plusses and minuses to both. I really do miss working only 40-hours a week. I miss having paid time off. I miss getting to call in sick and not have to write lesson plans for a sub. I miss buying things. (I only get to buy the Bronco because my house will be paid off.) And sometimes I get tired of teenagers not wanting to learn (especially because I teach everyone's least favorite subject). But you can't put a price on the warm fuzzy feeling you get when some kid comes back in uniform years later and says, "I want to officially apologize for being such a jack wagon in your class."

And, yes, even though we are not paid over summer, I have gotten used to having summers off.?

fastone

Wildtrak
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Wildtrak, 2013 F-150 SuperCrew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yep. You can probably ignore most of anything I said in the past 48 hours. The HS where I teach opened this week as "hybrid" and instead of our usually 50-60 hours working per week we've all been putting in 70-90 hours a week for the past 3 weeks and most of us are a little loopy from stress and lack of sleep. (Now if only teachers were hourly instead of salary and we got paid for our extra hours.?) My future Bronco is what is keeping me sane during all this drama.
My daughter’s school opened three weeks ago with her having 13 full time and 2 remote. She spent as much time developing lesson plans for the two as the others. She is working 50-65 hours a week and that’s First Grade. Teacher’s salaries should be doubled + overtime. Thank you for your commitment.

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Ha, ha. Thanks. Second career. There are plusses and minuses to both.
Oh no need to explain. SPED Teacher here. I thank God I am not a classroom teacher this year. The mental gymnastics required to teach both in-person and virtual students simultaneously is so above and beyond. Luckily for me all of the students I serve are currently in person.

BonzosBronco

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Explorer, RIP 89 Bronco XLT, 2020 FTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Oh no need to explain. SPED Teacher here. I thank God I am not a classroom teacher this year. The mental gymnastics required to teach both in-person and virtual students simultaneously is so above and beyond. Luckily for me all of the students I serve are currently in person.
Yea Cody keep putting in the work! SPED teacher here too. Thanks Bronco and this thread for giving me distractions

BonzosBronco

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Explorer, RIP 89 Bronco XLT, 2020 FTR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ha, ha. Thanks. Second career. There are plusses and minuses to both. I really do miss working only 40-hours a week. I miss having paid time off. I miss getting to call in sick and not have to write lesson plans for a sub. I miss buying things. (I only get to buy the Bronco because my house will be paid off.) And sometimes I get tired of teenagers not wanting to learn (especially because I teach everyone's least favorite subject). But you can't put a price on the warm fuzzy feeling you get when some kid comes back in uniform years later and says, "I want to officially apologize for being such a jack wagon in your class."

And, yes, even though we are not paid over summer, I have gotten used to having summers off.?
English or Math? :) English and Voc Sem here, just finished my sub plan for tomorrow and should write one for Friday if B&P is coming out...or integrate it into class. Any suggestions from the fine forum folks on making that a lesson?

gothavit

Outer Banks
First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep. You can probably ignore most of anything I said in the past 48 hours. The HS where I teach opened this week as "hybrid" and instead of our usually 50-60 hours working per week we've all been putting in 70-90 hours a week for the past 3 weeks and most of us are a little loopy from stress and lack of sleep. (Now if only teachers were hourly instead of salary and we got paid for our extra hours.?) My future Bronco is what is keeping me sane during all this drama.
i remember putting my teachers through the ringer so your allowed a little loopiness and thank you for all your hard work

Sponsored

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

English or Math? :) English and Voc Sem here, just finished my sub plan for tomorrow and should write one for Friday if B&P is coming out...or integrate it into class. Any suggestions from the fine forum folks on making that a lesson?
I’m at the elementary level so I have no clue what Voc Sem is, but that’s easy. Go cross-curricular to bring in budgets. Have students research which options they would want, give each one a different max budget and then write a persuasive to explain and defend their build. Since we usually have to model things first, you go ahead and do your build to show the kids how B&P works. Two birds, one stone lol.

Also you can do a B6G favorite and have students determine the meaning of “by” and “mid-October”.

Last edited:

gothavit

Outer Banks
First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I’m at the elementary level so I have no clue what Voc Sem is, but that’s easy. Go cross-curricular to bring in budgets. Have students research which options they would want and then write a persuasive to explain and defend their build. Since we usually have to model things first, you go ahead and do your build to show the kids. Two birds, one stone lol.

Also you can do a B6G favorite and have students determine the meaning of “by” and “mid-October”.
dam your good

gothavit

Outer Banks
First Name
jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My daughter’s school opened three weeks ago with her having 13 full time and 2 remote. She spent as much time developing lesson plans for the two as the others. She is working 50-65 hours a week and that’s First Grade. Teacher’s salaries should be doubled + overtime. Thank you for your commitment.
oh i truly agree with you they should be paid hourly till this dam thing is over anything over 40 hours over time tell your daughter thank you for hanging in there
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.