First Name
Kendall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Touareg TDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
In the not so distant future, we will begin to see one or more "I got my Bronco" threads from enthusiastic, pro-Ford buyers. Undoubtedly these fulfilled orders will include the owners reservation time stamp and all of those who have time stamps around that will be on the edge of their seats (keyboards?) waiting for their notification. Now, from the beginning, and totally understandable, Ford has said that the economics of good sequencing (models, trims, colors) may effect delivery times. Everyone gets this. So, Joe might get his cactus grey 2-door Badlands a couple of weeks before Mary gets her 4-door Race Red Wildtrak. No problem.

But, once upon a time Ford stated that order would be fulfilled in the order in which they were received. Many enthusiasts brought the ordering systems to its knees clamoring to get an early time stamp. With a firm reservation in-hand, buyers began the always arduous task of finding a suitable dealer - looking for good pricing, good communication, transparency, honesty, and integrity. Many people elected to go with Granger. Others chose dealerships closer to home but with these same qualities.

All is good. All is consistent. All is like what Ford had stated. But then Ford changed the rules....

No, orders will NOT be fulfilled in the order they have been received (aforementioned sequencing economics notwithstanding). While the order time-stamp is still a big factor, the historical sales volume of your selected dealership, as well as Ford's assessment of the Wrangler sales in that region will ALSO be factors in determining when pre-orders will be fulfilled.

Many of us have reacted to the change of plan. But the impending event is when the reality of those decisions hit home. There is absolutely NO DOUBT that numerous reservation holders will only see delivery of their Bronco MONTHS after the delivery of Broncos ordered much later - but from a dealership that better meets the newly introduced criteria. These time differences will not be attributed to the sequencing optimization but rather to Ford for have succumb to dealer pressure to change the rules AFTER Ford had already communicated them to the public, AFTER people had confirmed their reservations, and in most cases AFTER they had selected their dealerships.

Shame on you, Ford. I applaud you for trying to change the antiquated process of car purchasing and for trying to make it more consumer-oriented and consumer prioritized. Kudos to you. But, when you publicly make a statement of policy, then you need to stick to your guns. You didn't. But, you still do have the chance to make things right. For now, the backlash is contained within enthusiast-driven forums. However, when John Doe, and dozens like him/her are PENALIZED in terms of delivery MONTHS for having unknowingly made the wrong dealer decision... the backlash is going to be very public. The headlines will say that Ford promised one thing, but did another. Stood up for the consumer but folded to the pressures of the dealerships.

The public black eye is coming. You still have the opportunity to do the right thing.
Sponsored

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Whatever. You're gonna get it when you get it and not before. Unless you find some way to control things that you can't. RELAX as my fave QB said once.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Corporate mentality at it's finest.

We can do what we want, and you're gonna like it.

Oh, and it's to make things "fair" for everyone because that the new motto.

Sponsored

618TRVLWILD

Big Bend
First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Big Bend Sasquatch 2D
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I get it! I ordered from a Mom and Pop! My reservation was put in at 930pm central time on the night we were shown the bronco! I'm still MY21 so I assume! Now I figure I'll have my Bronco somewhere between June and December of 21, which is okay! I figured all the FEs would be produced first! Although now sounds like the big volume ppl! I also figure the will pull all the 21s from the big volume dealers and only do those. I figure no matter what they gotta honor those MY 21 ppl who put in reservations in those 4/5 days before the cut off?

Zoomer6

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford can easily state the earlier communications and understandings were from the previous CEO. Things changed once a new CEO took over and had to "correct and improve" the process.

ColonelAngus

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 07 BMW 335i, 05 Saab 9-5 Aero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In the not so distant future, we will begin to see one or more "I got my Bronco" threads from enthusiastic, pro-Ford buyers. Undoubtedly these fulfilled orders will include the owners reservation time stamp and all of those who have time stamps around that will be on the edge of their seats (keyboards?) waiting for their notification. Now, from the beginning, and totally understandable, Ford has said that the economics of good sequencing (models, trims, colors) may effect delivery times. Everyone gets this. So, Joe might get his cactus grey 2-door Badlands a couple of weeks before Mary gets her 4-door Race Red Wildtrak. No problem.

But, once upon a time Ford stated that order would be fulfilled in the order in which they were received. Many enthusiasts brought the ordering systems to its knees clamoring to get an early time stamp. With a firm reservation in-hand, buyers began the always arduous task of finding a suitable dealer - looking for good pricing, good communication, transparency, honesty, and integrity. Many people elected to go with Granger. Others chose dealerships closer to home but with these same qualities.

All is good. All is consistent. All is like what Ford had stated. But then Ford changed the rules....

No, orders will NOT be fulfilled in the order they have been received (aforementioned sequencing economics notwithstanding). While the order time-stamp is still a big factor, the historical sales volume of your selected dealership, as well as Ford's assessment of the Wrangler sales in that region will ALSO be factors in determining when pre-orders will be fulfilled.

Many of us have reacted to the change of plan. But the impending event is when the reality of those decisions hit home. There is absolutely NO DOUBT that numerous reservation holders will only see delivery of their Bronco MONTHS after the delivery of Broncos ordered much later - but from a dealership that better meets the newly introduced criteria. These time differences will not be attributed to the sequencing optimization but rather to Ford for have succumb to dealer pressure to change the rules AFTER Ford had already communicated them to the public, AFTER people had confirmed their reservations, and in most cases AFTER they had selected their dealerships.

Shame on you, Ford. I applaud you for trying to change the antiquated process of car purchasing and for trying to make it more consumer-oriented and consumer prioritized. Kudos to you. But, when you publicly make a statement of policy, then you need to stick to your guns. You didn't. But, you still do have the chance to make things right. For now, the backlash is contained within enthusiast-driven forums. However, when John Doe, and dozens like him/her are PENALIZED in terms of delivery MONTHS for having unknowingly made the wrong dealer decision... the backlash is going to be very public. The headlines will say that Ford promised one thing, but did another. Stood up for the consumer but folded to the pressures of the dealerships.

The public black eye is coming. You still have the opportunity to do the right thing.
Honestly, I think the impact will be less than you are expecting. Also by doing production more efficiently you might even get it faster, despite the changes. Logistics like this are not black and white.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Very well said!

Sponsored

ColoradoGuy

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 4DR Badlands and a couple of Acuras
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Whatever. You're gonna get it when you get it and not before. Unless you find some way to control things that you can't. RELAX as my fave QB said once.
[/QU
That QB is also my favorite, and he's not from your hometown team???
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.