l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i'm just going to assume that my MY21 mansquatch will be delivered NLT late summer 2022, preferably with white hard top, light interior, heated MGV seats and green paint from the factory.

(i have low expectations otherwise)
Sponsored

FourHorses

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently own 6 Fords
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is what it is. I do not believe anything was done intentionally.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why do people assume that the 'order received' means in sequential reservation time stamp (Ford is very, very clear that a reservation is not an order) instead of when the order is input by a dealer and Ford actually receives it?

If you read all the reservation stuff, it makes a lot more sense the second way.
An unknown change to an unknown formula that might be so minor that it only affects 100 people and people lose it. Nobody knows if it is going to be neutral, positive, or negative for them personally. I am not going to spend a second worrying about it. It is far more likely that it is a nearly inconsequential blip for most orders than the apocalypse. If high drama is your thing, live like you wanna live, brother! I respect. I'll just work through my angst on this issue by taking a nap. (I suspect a dealer who puts friends, relatives, and ADM buyers orders in before earlier reservations will be a far larger problem than this formula tweak)

Limecreek

Badlands
First Name
Gregory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW R1100RS, BMW R1200RS, Honda CRV, Honda HRV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It is unfortunate how the content of this community has turned so sour. Seems like 80% of the new discussions are some version of how Ford sucks, how they are screwing me over, and on and on and on.

No one is forced into anything. It is just a vehicle for goodness sakes.

For me it is time to take a break from checking in each day.

Sponsored

BroncoT

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

of all the things Bronco, delivery timing is not a concern to me. By the time they get to my reservation, production will either be humming or Ford will be more angry at themselves than I could ever be. Humming production means regional shipments, stock units, whatever would be a week here or there on an 18 month lead time. Whoopty doo.

Aboen

Wildtrak
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wildtrak (BMW M2)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A lot of Chicken Little mentality in these here parts

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Yes it was a complaint. I swear some of you people need to STFU.
Is that another complaint? I'm just trying to figure this out.

Hey @Fordboi am I wrong here? You're usually a pretty good judge on stuff like this.

Fordboi

Badlands
First Name
Cameron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Ford Ranchero
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Is that another complaint? I'm just trying to figure this out.

Hey @Fordboi am I wrong here? You're usually a pretty good judge on stuff like this.
I deem it to be a complaint... /s how do i tell him it's a complaint without getting into an argument? because, for the record, it is a complaint...

Sponsored

TX_Bronco77

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
XJ Cherokee, 1971 Z28 R/S
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I made my reservation on July 13th and about the only thing I can count on is most likely getting a 2021 Bronco, if I don't take delivery until late August so be it. Covid-19 has recently shut down production of the C8 Stingray because of a supplier problem and will undoubtedly affect many auto plants and their suppliers going forward. People need to understand this and just relax. Be glad you now have another body on frame 4x4 to choose from.

Danager

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It seems like Ford would need to build in an order that allows for efficiency.
What impact would there be if built in order?
I would expect average build time to increase resulting in delays that increase as time goes on.
I would also expect a higher price to eventually hit the consumer. We all know Ford (or any other company) isnā€™t going to reduce their margins.

In a time when they cannot fulfill all orders in MY1 - what leverage does the consumer have?

Iā€™m not saying lay down and just take it. If you feel that strongly, you should do what you feel is appropriate. Just know, there are plenty of people waiting in line, all with different factors affecting their decision to wait, buy, accept, and move on with life.

And if you think this is painful, look at what a custom built Bronco costs. Icon will build you whatever you want...
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.