Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX 3.0 HOSS, 2.7 SAS
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

In the not so distant future, we will begin to see one or more "I got my Bronco" threads from enthusiastic, pro-Ford buyers. Undoubtedly these fulfilled orders will include the owners reservation time stamp and all of those who have time stamps around that will be on the edge of their seats (keyboards?) waiting for their notification. Now, from the beginning, and totally understandable, Ford has said that the economics of good sequencing (models, trims, colors) may effect delivery times. Everyone gets this. So, Joe might get his cactus grey 2-door Badlands a couple of weeks before Mary gets her 4-door Race Red Wildtrak. No problem.

But, once upon a time Ford stated that order would be fulfilled in the order in which they were received. Many enthusiasts brought the ordering systems to its knees clamoring to get an early time stamp. With a firm reservation in-hand, buyers began the always arduous task of finding a suitable dealer - looking for good pricing, good communication, transparency, honesty, and integrity. Many people elected to go with Granger. Others chose dealerships closer to home but with these same qualities.

All is good. All is consistent. All is like what Ford had stated. But then Ford changed the rules....

No, orders will NOT be fulfilled in the order they have been received (aforementioned sequencing economics notwithstanding). While the order time-stamp is still a big factor, the historical sales volume of your selected dealership, as well as Ford's assessment of the Wrangler sales in that region will ALSO be factors in determining when pre-orders will be fulfilled.

Many of us have reacted to the change of plan. But the impending event is when the reality of those decisions hit home. There is absolutely NO DOUBT that numerous reservation holders will only see delivery of their Bronco MONTHS after the delivery of Broncos ordered much later - but from a dealership that better meets the newly introduced criteria. These time differences will not be attributed to the sequencing optimization but rather to Ford for have succumb to dealer pressure to change the rules AFTER Ford had already communicated them to the public, AFTER people had confirmed their reservations, and in most cases AFTER they had selected their dealerships.

Shame on you, Ford. I applaud you for trying to change the antiquated process of car purchasing and for trying to make it more consumer-oriented and consumer prioritized. Kudos to you. But, when you publicly make a statement of policy, then you need to stick to your guns. You didn't. But, you still do have the chance to make things right. For now, the backlash is contained within enthusiast-driven forums. However, when John Doe, and dozens like him/her are PENALIZED in terms of delivery MONTHS for having unknowingly made the wrong dealer decision... the backlash is going to be very public. The headlines will say that Ford promised one thing, but did another. Stood up for the consumer but folded to the pressures of the dealerships.

The public black eye is coming. You still have the opportunity to do the right thing.
Need to do a OP-ED in the hometown paper the Detroit Free Press hit them at home see how it goes.

https://www.freep.com/

https://www.freep.com/contact/staff/

Editor:

[email protected]
Sponsored

Bertbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Whatever. You're gonna get it when you get it and not before. Unless you find some way to control things that you can't. RELAX as my fave QB said once.
Brady never said that. 6 to 1. Nuff said

Bertbronco

Big Bend
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Titan
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Maybe Ford needs a reminder about what the tax payer (consumer) did for them, that we bailed them out when needed back in 2009. Now they can probably say they have paid back their debt, but what if "We the People" didnt bail you out?
Ummmm Ford didnā€™t take a bail out in 2008. Cmon man get it straight.

JaxGtc

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1975 EB Sport; 2021 Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
This thread is like deja vu all over again...

Just be happy! Please!

Sponsored

xusarmy

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Outer Banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Flourman

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 F350 Tremor, 2019 Beta 300RR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

What? No V8?!?! Iā€™m out.

J/K. Iā€™m gonna be one of those thatā€™s super happy with my order, cruising on extended warranty and showing off pictures while others just sit there and say ā€œJeep/Toyota is better anywayā€.

Inventor

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
In the not so distant future, we will begin to see one or more "I got my Bronco" threads from enthusiastic, pro-Ford buyers. Undoubtedly these fulfilled orders will include the owners reservation time stamp and all of those who have time stamps around that will be on the edge of their seats (keyboards?) waiting for their notification. Now, from the beginning, and totally understandable, Ford has said that the economics of good sequencing (models, trims, colors) may effect delivery times. Everyone gets this. So, Joe might get his cactus grey 2-door Badlands a couple of weeks before Mary gets her 4-door Race Red Wildtrak. No problem.

But, once upon a time Ford stated that order would be fulfilled in the order in which they were received. Many enthusiasts brought the ordering systems to its knees clamoring to get an early time stamp. With a firm reservation in-hand, buyers began the always arduous task of finding a suitable dealer - looking for good pricing, good communication, transparency, honesty, and integrity. Many people elected to go with Granger. Others chose dealerships closer to home but with these same qualities.

All is good. All is consistent. All is like what Ford had stated. But then Ford changed the rules....

No, orders will NOT be fulfilled in the order they have been received (aforementioned sequencing economics notwithstanding). While the order time-stamp is still a big factor, the historical sales volume of your selected dealership, as well as Ford's assessment of the Wrangler sales in that region will ALSO be factors in determining when pre-orders will be fulfilled.

Many of us have reacted to the change of plan. But the impending event is when the reality of those decisions hit home. There is absolutely NO DOUBT that numerous reservation holders will only see delivery of their Bronco MONTHS after the delivery of Broncos ordered much later - but from a dealership that better meets the newly introduced criteria. These time differences will not be attributed to the sequencing optimization but rather to Ford for have succumb to dealer pressure to change the rules AFTER Ford had already communicated them to the public, AFTER people had confirmed their reservations, and in most cases AFTER they had selected their dealerships.

Shame on you, Ford. I applaud you for trying to change the antiquated process of car purchasing and for trying to make it more consumer-oriented and consumer prioritized. Kudos to you. But, when you publicly make a statement of policy, then you need to stick to your guns. You didn't. But, you still do have the chance to make things right. For now, the backlash is contained within enthusiast-driven forums. However, when John Doe, and dozens like him/her are PENALIZED in terms of delivery MONTHS for having unknowingly made the wrong dealer decision... the backlash is going to be very public. The headlines will say that Ford promised one thing, but did another. Stood up for the consumer but folded to the pressures of the dealerships.

The public black eye is coming. You still have the opportunity to do the right thing.
I am here to buy 1 Bronco. I am sure I will have one. I have never mass produced automobiles my whole life but I think Ford has done an awesome job considering what our country has been through.

The Mountain Man

Wildtrak
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Expedition, 15 Jetta TDI, 12 Boss 302
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

My old man ordered an 89 Ford Probe. It was a new model and Ford was having the usual issues with a new model. He waited what seemed like forever for that car. I remember him getting pissed and debating whether to buy the car or not. He bitched and fussed but he carried on. And you know what? He loved that car and he was glad he bought it. He showed it off to all the old men that used to sit out in front of the store and chewed tobacco and drink Mtn. Dew out of glass bottles. They teased him for buying a ā€Japanese Mustangā€, but they liked it too.

All that said, weā€˜re going to order a Bronco or not. If we do weā€™re going to get pissed and wonder when the hell weā€™re going to get our rides. Weā€™re going to question whether we should have pulled the trigger and bought the damn thing or not. Weā€˜ll get it when we get it or weā€™ll change our minds and we wonā€™t. But then that day will come when we get to climb behind the wheel and drive off the lot. Weā€™ll show it off to all our friends and theyā€™ll make fun of us for buying the offspring of a Jeep and an FJ, but theyā€™ll think itā€™s cool.

I think we all need to slow down and realize this is a vehicle. A material possession. Iā€™m not happy about the interior colors. Iā€™m not wild about the top. Iā€™m disappointed Iā€™m not going to be able to use my X-Plan pin. Ford is Ford. They are going to do it their way and weā€™ll go along if we want one. It is what it is folks and you wonā€™t change a thing fretting over it. If these setbacks are enough to change my mind I wonā€™t buy one. If not Iā€™ll carry on and deal with the bumps in the road and enjoy the bumps in the road about this time next year.

Sponsored

Squatch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Due to franchise agreements, they cant force the dealers to fill them in order of reservation....so good luck chaging those rules.
FIFY. As long as they're not forcing the franchisees to lose money, Ford could, under the right agreement, force all those sales people to dress up like Uncle Sam everyday...or worse they could make them wear bright red pants with a black shirt that has orange stitching! ;)

Yes, some of us are trying to overthrow an oligopoly of dealerships and reform the way cars are bought and sold via the way we shop for new vehicles with our actual dollars.

With the dealerships holding the money, Ford is distancing themselves from the money laundering and, maybe as a byproduct, skirting any possibility of a class-action suit in response to changes they make. Ford has always said it's a reservation and not an order, boiler plate stuff, but didn't everyone who made or to an extent is making a reservation now believe they were reserving the opportunity to purchase a 2021 model year Bronco? Even if they claim that the response was overwhelming and they couldn't possibly make them all in MY21, they have had months to have a reasonable idea of how many more reservations they have over their production capacity. So, they put out a September 18th cutoff estimate...really late, but virtually acknowledging they're preparing for legal trouble. Ford still offers you a reservation for a 2021 Bronco(just checked). Here's where claims for damages will be made. A car is a depreciating asset, but the model year designation does factor into the resale value and if Ford delivers 2021 Broncos to customers in calendar year 2022, some people I've seen on the forum will have a calculable depreciation hit over MY22 Broncos delivered shortly after or even before reservations(it's possible).

This is intentional under the new CEOs watch:
  • Screw the first-year enthusiasts, because you believe the Bronco is strong enough to carve out a share of Jeep's longstanding market without them.
  • Shore up the relationships with your fellow gangsters...err, big dealers for long-term product breadth benefits.
  • Any "black eye" from this move will be lost in the news cycle and you can always blame it on COVID19 and the government will have your back because your dollars matter more.
The John Nash-level math they've introduced after people made their reservations under a completely different understanding of the fulfillment process is screwing us over and we don't have to enjoy it. Ford is still facilitating the reservation process and they are 100% in control of the fulfillment process; whether they allow dealer input or not, no Bronco will be made at a dealership.

Regardless of how you feel about it, this topic is above this forum's pay grade. At this point, the only thing that would get Ford's attention is if everyone canceled their reservation and refused to buy a new Bronco through the 2021 model year, but you guys can't even agree on paint color.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Iā€™m locking this thread because itā€™s become clear nothing productive can come out of it at this point. @Administrator Doug if Iā€™m overstepping my bounds here just let me know.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.