Solfive

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ok, I missed the Badlands/Wildtrak exclusion, I remember writing it (painted top) off for my Non-SAS OBX hard top early on, not to mention the originsl "Dual-Top" that was originally specified! And then after the debacle of spending 3 months in Dirt Mountain awaiting a new MIC top, It never occurred to me painted tops from Ford were on anyone's radar.
In fairness, your recollection isn’t incorrect. Now that I think about it the declaration was made to us for the black modular top but not body colored tops that some others originally wanted.
Sponsored

jddunfee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Way over 800 days now waiting and sounds like I will keep waiting. I will never cancel my reservation. Even if Ford decides to build in 2025 or whatever year they figure it out, they can build it and I can decide if I want it or not.
I have to say, Toyota is paying attention and that Chevy Colorado ZR2 is a mean machine fully capable of going off road.
I, like many others, will never buy a Ford again. This has been intentionally rolled out poorly to drive reservation holders away.
Good luck to all and those of you still waiting, keep that reservation forever!!!!!

MLRey

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 18 Subaru Outback
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford for me.

1. MY21 Hey can’t get painted mod top wait till next year.

2.MY22 Oh see can’t get painted mod hard top but we will offer you price protection on MY23

3.Oh now we are doing away with cyber orange the color you originally desired and still no painted mod top.

—In my mind hey look at the upside I will get HOSS 3.0 on my wildtrak not in the color I want and not with the painted hardtop that I ordered from day one—

Ford today hey we can make it even worse for you😂 you can’t get the LUX, cyber orange,painted hard top ,wildtrak and the list goes on.

Really what the Hell is going on ?

I submitted my reservation on 7/21/2020

today is day 909 of waiting

If they do not make this right and if I get pushed to MY24 lose my price protection the Hell with Ford.
A business school case study someday of how not to create customer loyalty. When Ford decided to bring the Bronco back one of the objectives was to win back customers who were going with Jeep, Toyota and Land Rover for off road adventure vehicles. Good plan and the Bronco product competes well with those other brands. Somehow though Ford managed to epically screw up the execution of the reservation/order system. This was most evident in 2022 when Ford catered to dealerships who saw the opportunity to get $10 to $30K additional from each vehicle. So now Ford has both managed to tarnish their own brand but their dealerships created a large number of people angry about the markups. People who paid ADM are likely happy with the Bronco but they will have a long memory about being taken advantage of. Good job Ford Motor Company, short term gain in a long term business. People don't forget being taken advantage of.

BroncoBoy22

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Mustang GT 5.0
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I feel for you man. All of this could have been avoided if Ford never did the allocation system. But here we are. Ugh this sucks

Sponsored

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

22OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 F150 Lariat, '04 F150 Lariat, '73 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Way over 800 days now waiting and sounds like I will keep waiting. I will never cancel my reservation. Even if Ford decides to build in 2025 or whatever year they figure it out, they can build it and I can decide if I want it or not.
I have to say, Toyota is paying attention and that Chevy Colorado ZR2 is a mean machine fully capable of going off road.
I, like many others, will never buy a Ford again. This has been intentionally rolled out poorly to drive reservation holders away.
Good luck to all and those of you still waiting, keep that reservation forever!!!!!
Problem is unscheduled constrained orders will probably be cancelled and not transition to MY24 or beyond. If you change and take the offer and don’t get scheduled but is clean, it will carry….based on what I have been reading/hearing.

toymaster

Badlands
First Name
Leonardo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
A business school case study someday of how not to create customer loyalty. When Ford decided to bring the Bronco back one of the objectives was to win back customers who were going with Jeep, Toyota and Land Rover for off road adventure vehicles. Good plan and the Bronco product competes well with those other brands. Somehow though Ford managed to epically screw up the execution of the reservation/order system. This was most evident in 2022 when Ford catered to dealerships who saw the opportunity to get $10 to $30K additional from each vehicle. So now Ford has both managed to tarnish their own brand but their dealerships created a large number of people angry about the markups. People who paid ADM are likely happy with the Bronco but they will have a long memory about being taken advantage of. Good job Ford Motor Company, short term gain in a long term business. People don't forget being taken advantage of.
True. There are a couple of other factors one may want to consider.
States have laws in place where a manufacturer has to go through a dealer, Ford was stuck between a rock and a hard place. In addition, the dealers had Ford's ear, and all the customers had/have is internet forums. Think of going to court and only one side being able to present their case to the judge, who wins? Dealers cried and Ford caved.

This situation, and how most dealers have reacted, lets just say they have shot themselves in the foot. This is why Farley is making the moves that he is with Ford model E. The existing dealer model is going away.

OCNORB1974

Wildtrak
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Why would any company want to “intentionally drive reservation holders away.” To think that is just plain stupid.

Sponsored

jddunfee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Why would any company want to “intentionally drive reservation holders away.” To think that is just plain stupid.
Thank you for your nice way of replying back. 🤨
reservation orders have price protection and that eats into Ford’s profits. In the beginning in early 2021 everything was ok as far as getting reservation holders orders filled (even though they didn’t). Then as time went on and walk in orders took over, Ford now is feeling the pain of the price protection. They simply want reservation orders canceled so they can build others at full price.
I simply stated my opinion like everyone else does and i would greatly appreciate if you didn’t personally attack my statements on here.
thank you

jddunfee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Problem is unscheduled constrained orders will probably be cancelled and not transition to MY24 or beyond. If you change and take the offer and don’t get scheduled but is clean, it will carry….based on what I have been reading/hearing.
I agree with you. I’ll ride it out and see what happens but i won’t change my order. If i can’t have the goodies i want, I’ll simply buy something else. But i really wanted the bronco.
Cheers to you.

Area51BS

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands non SAS 4dr 2.3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
At this point, @Ford Motor Company would likely be extremely happy to see all early res holders cancel. Price protection is eating their margins.
There has been an online video about this. Thinking is Ford will take its lumps now and move on.

KABQ

Base
First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'93 4Runner, '84 Vanagon, '93 Miata, '14 LittleGuy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

My buddy heard the rumors and said "fuck Ford." Picked up a 23 TRD Pro yesterday instead. Toyota and Jeep will be the only winners in this debacle. I'm lucky enough to have my Bronco, but I'll never buy another Ford.

IMG_2640.jpg

FLSTFI Dave

Raptor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Grand Sport, Carbon 65, 2017 F-150
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I count my blessings, I was able to switch my order to a Raptor. I had a great dealer and gave me MSRP.

That said this Bronco launch is the biggest shit show I have ever seen of any new vehicle. Yes some of it is supply chain. Most of it is Fords piss poor management of the roll out. Fords Piss poor management of Reservations. Ford over promising and under delivering.

I feel this is miss management is going to cost Ford customers and even some who waited 700 plus days will never be a repeat customer..
Sponsored