Sponsored

Ford Motor Company profile, is it a scam?

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So I have had a profile on this forum registered as ford reply to different problems with send me your vin and they will see why they can do. Is this a scam? Whenever I have replied I get basic replies and nothing specific to what I’m asking about.
Sponsored

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
I was about to ask this same thing. They PM me too asking about an issue I had but their answers when I ask anything sound absolutely robotic lol. Not sure if I want to give my info out.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Definitely not a scam. Like the helpful people that call and leave messages letting you know that your vehicle warranty is expiring soon, or the IT workers that inform you that for just $300 if you let them have access they will rid your computer of virus’s and spam ware. Ford customer service is totally legit. Now that they have your VIN they will resolve all of your ford woe’s and make your wildest dreams come true.

Edit: Well, that is if your wildest dreams are to be assigned a case number and never hear from them again

Last edited:

Dirty Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco - 4 Door Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

😂 it’s not a scam but unfortunately they aren’t much help. I’ve talked to them on here and it eventually led to personal emails and follow up phone calls. They weren’t able to help me either time though

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
They never reply back to the thread with a resolution either I think they are a scam

Sponsored

Murph914

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 F-350 reg cab srw v10 manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is the real ford account. If it doesn’t say official Ford account in their profile it’s bogus. If it is Ford say thank you very much and give them what they ask for
Ford Bronco Ford Motor Company profile, is it a scam? 05928778-69B9-498E-B5E1-683C1BAA1CA5

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

definitely not a scam, they opened up a case number and talked to my service advisor a couple times and also called me. My phone was no longer auto connecting to the car, after trying stuff like full reset service decided to switch out the APIM which took quite some weeks to get to them, Ford called here and there to let me know. APIM was replaced two weeks or so ago and now the phone connects to car play in seconds, as it should. So all good.

Did it help that they opened a case and pestered my service lady? I don't think so in this case, as it was out of anyones hands as of when this computer part shows up. And my service adviser didn't need prodding to help with warranty, we tried one thing first and then she just went ahead and ordered the replacement part. Might it help in other cases? Maybe? If a service manager is not responsive etc.

As of them never updating the threads, I'd never expect Ford to do that, it's between them and that one customer, not the entire internet. Who ever had a problem posted in a thread and had Ford help with it would be the one to update IMO. Besides the people answering here for Ford are certainly not technicians or anything like that, they're sitting somewhere on this planet in an office handling social media outreach and will never answer a question (so no use tagging them all the time).

cmcbronco

Base
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 f-150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Base
definitely not a scam, they opened up a case number and talked to my service advisor a couple times and also called me. My phone was no longer auto connecting to the car, after trying stuff like full reset service decided to switch out the APIM which took quite some weeks to get to them, Ford called here and there to let me know. APIM was replaced two weeks or so ago and now the phone connects to car play in seconds, as it should. So all good.

Did it help that they opened a case and pestered my service lady? I don't think so in this case, as it was out of anyones hands as of when this computer part shows up. And my service adviser didn't need prodding to help with warranty, we tried one thing first and then she just went ahead and ordered the replacement part. Might it help in other cases? Maybe? If a service manager is not responsive etc.

As of them never updating the threads, I'd never expect Ford to do that, it's between them and that one customer, not the entire internet. Who ever had a problem posted in a thread and had Ford help with it would be the one to update IMO. Besides the people answering here for Ford are certainly not technicians or anything like that, they're sitting somewhere on this planet in an office handling social media outreach and will never answer a question (so no use tagging them all the time).
This is exactly what’s going on with my bronco now. My CarPlay worked perfect the first couple months now it won’t remember my phone. What’s the APIM? Some car play module?

OP
OP

Jmax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is the real ford account. If it doesn’t say official Ford account in their profile it’s bogus. If it is Ford say thank you very much and give them what they ask for
Ford Bronco Ford Motor Company profile, is it a scam? 05928778-69B9-498E-B5E1-683C1BAA1CA5
Yep that’s the one, but they have never resolved an issue for me, they also have not provided reasonable reply to verify they aren’t bogus. They go dark when asking for direct email address or something that would verify they are Ford. So weird

frankk

Badlands
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Elise
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I assume it's primarily a PR stunt to look like they're on top of a few isolated issues. The reality is, we haven't heard from many people who went the PM route that Ford resolved their issue.

Sponsored

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It’s these guys...

Ford Bronco Ford Motor Company profile, is it a scam? D4074713-B502-49E9-AE82-5875A97BC86D

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
It's not a scam, it's a troll.

It pops in to rub salt in the wounds of all the ice mountain abandoned bronco owners then ghosts away as we all rage at it.

Bob 07064

Base
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
02 4x4 ranger, '17 edge 2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was about to ask this same thing. They PM me too asking about an issue I had but their answers when I ask anything sound absolutely robotic lol. Not sure if I want to give my info out.

its legit. I had an issue with a dealer screwing me and I lit them up on this forum. The bots over at Ford reached out and took my info and an actual human called to get more info. Since I was a dick to the human they never called back... I've been told i need to work on my interpersonal skills when faced with distressing situations.... ;)

heynow14

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco - BL SAS MT LUX SOFT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Not a scam. I had contact from them via phone after I PM'd regarding a intermittent AC issue I was having. They were surprisingly responsive - in my case anyway.