ChompSticks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'02 E55 wagon, '98 Suzuki X-90, '96 Town Car
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

it would suck if my car was totalled or in an accident and I needed a new replacement right away.
Sponsored

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well theyā€™ve done a great job with it so far.šŸ˜‚

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco (ordered), Rusting Tacoma, R1200GS Adv
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
From The Drive, James Gilboy Ā»

International chip shortages forced all major automakers to dial back production and prioritize only their most profitable products. These emergency measures, however, opened eyes at Ford, whose CEO and resident vintage racer Jim Farley has revealed hopes of changing Ford's manufacturing model to one of building only what it knows it can sellā€”and thus turn a profit from.
Farley told Reuters that Ford has "committed" to moving away from a traditional boom-and-bust cycle of flooding dealers with low-margin vehicles, then leaning on incentives to move inventory, sacrificing profits. This business model, seemingly sidelined by the chip shortage, forced Ford to allocate its limited microchip supply to profitable models. This reportedly came with the benefit of increasing revenue by almost $5,000 per vehicle, according to the publication.
"We are really committed to going to an order-based system and keeping inventories at 50 to 60 days' supply," Farley told Reuters. "I know we are wasting money on incentives. I don't know where."
The rest of the article is here Ā»

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The trend in manufacturing is made to order with fewer storage stockpiles. More and more people are purchasing vehicles on the internet without test driving them. Brick and mortar retail stores are going away in favor Amazon and other web based shopping.

Sponsored

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Canā€™t come soon enough. Iā€™ve never ordered from Tesla, but it seems to be an easy, user-friendly experience. I think itā€™ll take some time to make this big shift, however I think itā€™ll be welcome.

Might be a generational thing, where younger customers are more open to this than older, but thatā€™s just sheer speculation.

Hossamus Prime

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
21 BadSquatch,ā€˜21 ExplorerST , RIP 84 & 90 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am sure lobbists and the government will find some way to stop it and line their pockets.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So who is going to fix it when it breaks? Honor warranty work? While I am not a huge fan of dealers one thing that is lost sight here is the giant dump manufacturers take on them like making them take cars they donā€™t want or need. Cutting their profit margin while increasing theirs. Also where do you think all these people will work if dealers are gone? I hope you are also excited about universal income. You are going to be trading one set of problems for another.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Canā€™t come soon enough. Iā€™ve never ordered from Tesla, but it seems to be an easy, user-friendly experience. I think itā€™ll take some time to make this big shift, however I think itā€™ll be welcome.

Might be a generational thing, where younger customers are more open to this than older, but thatā€™s just sheer speculation.
Tesla also only has limited color choices, typical 5-6 and very few configuration options and no one but tesla can work on your car.

Sponsored

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

From The Drive, James Gilboy Ā»

International chip shortages forced all major automakers to dial back production and prioritize only their most profitable products. These emergency measures, however, opened eyes at Ford, whose CEO and resident vintage racer Jim Farley has revealed hopes of changing Ford's manufacturing model to one of building only what it knows it can sellā€”and thus turn a profit from.
Farley told Reuters that Ford has "committed" to moving away from a traditional boom-and-bust cycle of flooding dealers with low-margin vehicles, then leaning on incentives to move inventory, sacrificing profits. This business model, seemingly sidelined by the chip shortage, forced Ford to allocate its limited microchip supply to profitable models. This reportedly came with the benefit of increasing revenue by almost $5,000 per vehicle, according to the publication.
"We are really committed to going to an order-based system and keeping inventories at 50 to 60 days' supply," Farley told Reuters. "I know we are wasting money on incentives. I don't know where."
The rest of the article is here Ā»
Well, it's about time.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

So who is going to fix it when it breaks? Honor warranty work? While I am not a huge fan of dealers one thing that is lost sight here is the giant dump manufacturers take on them like making them take cars they donā€™t want or need. Cutting their profit margin while increasing theirs. Also where do you think all these people will work if dealers are gone? I hope you are also excited about universal income. You are going to be trading one set of problems for another.
You convert existing dealerships into service centers.... You keep a small fleet for service loaners and demos for test drives. Most of the profit for dealerships is in used car sales and service. Not new car sales. I'd be willing to bet there's a potential for massive savings not having to maintain a huge inventory of new vehicles just sitting around waiting to be bought.

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

That would be great. But Ford wouldnā€™t let the dealers do that, trust me if given the choice I know my dealer, who is a single make small family owned operation. Just like with this bronco mess. Your reservation stamp is less important than the dealer you ordered through. Small dealers with 5-10 orders will be some of the last to get units. My dealer has people that want to buy raptors, gt500 and heā€™s been told by Ford he isnā€™t allowed to order them. Ford and most manufacturers are big on blaming everyone else for problems they cause

Tonka1

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Willys
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My last oil change went up $20 from the previous one and is now close to $80. They will find a way.

guerro

Banned
Raptor
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Dealers get the majority of their revenue from service. So, they will keep servicing, believe me. This new "plan" Farley is talking about would eliminate dealers taking cars they don't want or need so not sure what your argument is there. The cockroaches will find other work. Possibly Amway or Herbalife?? LMAO
Sponsored