First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This article from Motortrend says it all: https://www.motortrend.com/news/for...VN3_H2RML3a7d4erzy7VRMD4PGYmsNqTJuZ7iijCFB6Oc

Ford Bronco Sold Out for Years, Orders Pour in for F-150 Lightning and Maverick
All these reservations for Ford's hottest new products will take a while to fill.

Jun 18, 2021

Ford is having a good inning. It is hitting it out of the park with interest in four new vehicles: The 2021 Ford Bronco SUV, which is finally in production; the electric 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning fullsize pickup truck; the smaller 2022 Ford Maverick hybrid pickup truck; and the electric 2022 Ford E-Transit commercial van.

Reservations are strong, Ford CEO Jim Farley said during the Deutsche Bank Global Auto Industry Conference. Filling them all will take some time. A shortage of semiconductor chips means inventory is not expected to return to normal levels until 2022.

Ford Bronco Has Two Years Of Sales Orders
So far 190,000 customers have reserved a Bronco, the rugged SUV that has seen its launch delayed a number of times, and which has had to sort out an issue with the supplier of its hardtops. But production is underway to fill the 125,000 reservations that have been converted to orders, Farley says. The SUV is essentially sold out for two years.

Ford Pro Should Lure More Commercial Customers
Farley told investors that the automaker is concentrating on commercial customers. The company created Ford Pro, a global vehicle services and distribution business designed to increase uptime and reduce total cost of ownership for commercial customers, offering them more services.

Ford will offer Pro versions of vehicles, including the 2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Pro work truck. Contributing to the Lightning's low starting price is scale, sharing parts such as motors with the E-Transit, and developing new battery cells, to be built as part of a joint venture, that drop the cost from $100 per kWh to $80/kWh sometime after 2025.
Ford will also make money on services for commercial vehicles and plans to dramatically increase its supply of parts to service vehicles. But the biggest opportunity, Farley says, is increased commercial vehicle sales, where Ford already has 43 percent share in the U.S. The CEO said he thinks more customers will go from mixed fleets to Ford fleets. The automaker is also working on a commercialized autonomous vehicle business.

Ford Buying Electriphi
To further help commercial customers, Ford said it will acquire Electriphi, a California-based provider of charging and fleet monitoring software to help commercial customers ensure productivity by offering depot charging for EV fleets and help fleet managers monitor their vehicles. Depot charging adds to other options including charging at home or at public stations, the locations of which will be mapped in the vehicle's telematics system. Customers must sign up for Electriphi's charge management services.
The Ford+ plan under Farley is designed to guide the automaker's transition to electric vehicles that are better connected to their owners. Ford is spending $30 billion by 2025 on electrification efforts. Farley says Ford spending will be on par with anyone and will only go up.

Ford's Rosier Financial Picture
Because demand is so strong, Farley says second-quarter earnings will be better than originally forecast and stronger than a year ago. The financial picture has gotten rosier in recent months as costs have been lower and prices higher, which has helped the bottom line.

General Motors has also painted a rosier picture for the quarter, saying profits could be $4 billion higher than forecast, and GM will further increase its investment in EV and autonomous vehicle technologies to $35 billion through 2025 and add two more battery plants in the U.S. in addition to the two already under construction.
GM has said it plans to offer 30 new EVs globally by 2025, including the 2022 GMC Hummer EV full-size pickup truck and the 2023 Cadillac Lyriq mid-size crossover.
Sponsored

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hmmm, no mention of the Mustang Mach-E? When you take into account all of the new vehicles Ford is introducing, plus all the other crap that's going on, it's no wonder the Bronco has been delayed!!!

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
So Broncos with current orders won't all be completed until 2023?
Who knows. Ford's all about reservations these days, that's their sales/marketing thing. I'm not buying any car I haven't fully evaluated including test driven. So I'm not Ford's target customer. Two years doesn't work for me. Will see how it all plays out I guess.

Sponsored

Bad Andy

Badlands
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 BMW 335I Convertible
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think Ford is moving in the right direction. I bought 400 shares of their stock on Friday. I think (hope) it will be a good long term investment. I know taking a risk and buying Tesla years ago has been good to me too.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hmmm, no mention of the Mustang Mach-E? When you take into account all of the new vehicles Ford is introducing, plus all the other crap that's going on, it's no wonder the Bronco has been delayed!!!
He mentions the Mach-E multiple times during the 48-minute interview, but the reporter failed to mention it.

Interviewer: “… when [can you] get back to normal level of supply or production?”

Farley: “Well, given our low day supply and the order bank we have, I don't know when we'll get to normal. We have like two years of order bank for Bronco and Mach-E is months and months and months around the world, same for Lightning. So I think it's going to be a while.”

[snip]

“… so far, Mustang Mach-E is the only one out. And it's completely sold out.”

Sources:
1. https://s23.q4cdn.com/799033206/files/doc_downloads/2021/06/DB-Global-Auto-Industry-Ford.mp4
https://s23.q4cdn.com/799033206/files/doc_events/2021/06/CORRECTED-TRANSCRIPT_-Ford-Motor-Co.(F-US)-Deutsche-Bank-Global-Auto-Industry-Conference-17-June-2021-3_00-PM-ET.pdf

Attachments

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Also, it’s amazing how well the bottom line looks now when you’re not discounting the hell out of everything. The picture won’t be so rosy when things get back to normal, unless Ford learns something from this. My guess is that they will chase sales volume again like they always have when things have normalized.

RoLyMa27

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 22 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
He mentions the Mach-E multiple times during the 48-minute interview, but the reporter failed to mention it.

Interviewer: “… when [can you] get back to normal level of supply or production?”

Farley: “Well, given our low day supply and the order bank we have, I don't know when we'll get to normal. We have like two years of order bank for Bronco and Mach-E is months and months and months around the world, same for Lightning. So I think it's going to be a while.”

[snip]

“… so far, Mustang Mach-E is the only one out. And it's completely sold out.”

Sources:
1. https://s23.q4cdn.com/799033206/files/doc_downloads/2021/06/DB-Global-Auto-Industry-Ford.mp4
https://s23.q4cdn.com/799033206/files/doc_events/2021/06/CORRECTED-TRANSCRIPT_-Ford-Motor-Co.(F-US)-Deutsche-Bank-Global-Auto-Industry-Conference-17-June-2021-3_00-PM-ET.pdf
Ok, I didn't watch the video!

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Yeah...the secret is to not actually make the product or let independent reviews get publish... Keeps all the hype and rumors alive without actual known facts.

I imagine once reality starts to set in and the unknowns start to become knowns...the reservation numbers are going to decrease.

Sponsored

MorgansRun

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW 330e
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Sort of the point of the Ford Pro commercial customer push?
Perhaps, but I was more talking about the retail side.

Deleted member 3063

Perhaps, but I was more talking about the retail side.
problem there, besides not pointing that out, is that one supports the other.
without the fleet sales of E & F series fleet sales there would be no Bronco.
they all do it, if they have a product that gets the job done.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah...the secret is to not actually make the product or let independent reviews get publish... Keeps all the hype and rumors alive without actual known facts.

I imagine once reality starts to set in and the unknowns start to become knowns...the reservation numbers are going to decrease.
Like why haven't we gotten independent Bronco reviews yet? Most of the reviews I've seen are when the guy is sitting in the passenger seat with a Ford employee driving.
Sponsored