GrayGhostDog

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah...the secret is to not actually make the product or let independent reviews get publish... Keeps all the hype and rumors alive without actual known facts.

I imagine once reality starts to set in and the unknowns start to become knowns...the reservation numbers are going to decrease.
Exactly... because they all do that in some way, shape, or form. Some so-called Independent reviews turn out to be not so independent... many are doing the exact same thing as the manufacturers by hyping the latest and greatest products in order to sell magazines and/or subscriptions... or some interject their personal bias, wants, and needs when reviewing. Many reviews just regurgitate the exact same information over and over... and over. I find most so-called reviewers very unreliable!

The best we can do is gather as much data as you can and make the best possible decision for yourself.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

So Broncos with current orders won't all be completed until 2023?
I'm thinking that when he said "2 years" he's counting '21, and '22 since this years production essentially just started. At least I hope that's what he meant.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

He mentions the Mach-E multiple times during the 48-minute interview, but the reporter failed to mention it.

Interviewer: “… when [can you] get back to normal level of supply or production?”

Farley: “Well, given our low day supply and the order bank we have, I don't know when we'll get to normal. We have like two years of order bank for Bronco and Mach-E is months and months and months around the world, same for Lightning. So I think it's going to be a while.”

[snip]

“… so far, Mustang Mach-E is the only one out. And it's completely sold out.”

Sources:
1. https://s23.q4cdn.com/799033206/files/doc_downloads/2021/06/DB-Global-Auto-Industry-Ford.mp4
https://s23.q4cdn.com/799033206/files/doc_events/2021/06/CORRECTED-TRANSCRIPT_-Ford-Motor-Co.(F-US)-Deutsche-Bank-Global-Auto-Industry-Conference-17-June-2021-3_00-PM-ET.pdf
Meanwhile I drove by two Ford dealership lots recently and they had several Mach-e’s for sale. Seeing that I was curious if they weren’t selling! Apparently not the case.

Sponsored

Dr.Detroit

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford F-150 XLT 150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Who knows. Ford's all about reservations these days, that's their sales/marketing thing. I'm not buying any car I haven't fully evaluated including test driven. So I'm not Ford's target customer. Two years doesn't work for me. Will see how it all plays out I guess.
why would you be here if you are not interested? weird. or am I missing something ?

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Please allow me to address the above quote plus a few others that you have made on different threads here about this same topic, because they all touch on the same point… your doubt that Ford can scale effectively to compete profitably in the electric vehicle marketplace.

Here are two other quotes…

I think you know by now that Tesla barely makes any money on its automotive sales. It has been well documented in the financial press that Tesla’s profits to date have largely come from the sale of regulatory tax credits, and recently from a sale of part of its Bitcoin holdings in treasury.

Nevertheless, you may want to educate yourself a little more about Ford’s specific EV strategy. The Deutsche Bank interview transcript that I posted earlier in this thread mentions the word “scale” more than 5 times, so you might find it interesting.

As the #21 company on the Fortune 500 list, Ford knows very well how to scale production, and it has made important strategic decisions about how best to do that profitably in the BEV marketplace. There is a very good reason why Ford is introducing BEVs in its Mustang brand, its F-150 brand, and its Transit brand, and it has to do with economies of scale and profitability. The best way to leverage economies of scale and profitability is to start with the largest and most profitable platforms as the base upon which to build.

To quote from the Deutsche Bank transcript…

Farley: “Look, 50% of these vehicles content is non-battery electric components. So scale will really matter. That's why we started with the number one van, the number one sports car, the number one pickup. Not only are we good at those vehicles, but we have huge scale when it comes to the 50% of the BOM that has nothing to do with being a BEV.”

[snip]

“All I know is we have the number one pickup truck globally that's going electric [F-150]. We have the number one van globally that's going electric [Transit] and in North America globally for both, and we have the number one sports car in the world going global and going BEV in the next six months [Mustang]. And so far, Mustang Mach-E is the only one out. And it’s completely sold out.”

To be frank, there is a reason why Tesla’s stock price has fallen in 2021 while Ford’s has risen dramatically, and it has a lot to do with: (a) Ford’s EV strategy, and (b) Tesla’s falling market share, which is now going directly to Ford and other competitors.

Don’t believe me? Check out the article below from Business Insider

Tesla's global market share fell to its lowest level in over 2 years as electric car competition heats up

Grace Kay, Business Insider, June 3, 2021
  • Tesla's market share of the global electric-car market fell to 11% in April.
  • The electric-car company's lead in the US is also narrowing, as Ford and GM build their own EVs.
  • Tesla's stock fell to its lowest level in three weeks following the news.
The first and last paragraphs of that article say, and I quote:

“Tesla's grip on the electric-car market is slipping.”

[snip]

“Tesla's loss has been Ford's gain. Ford shares have rallied almost 69% this year.”

Below is an actual chart comparing the two stocks for the year to date...

Ford Bronco Ford must be doing something right. Bronco Essentially Sold Out for Years 42B510EA-F3B8-4AEE-B316-8A82EBC1E9C5

Bottom line: Farley is gunning for Musk — he wants very badly to take Musk down on his own battlefield — and Wall Street appears to be realigning accordingly.

Fellow Bronco lovers: If you care anything about investments, there is money to be made here, so invest wisely. 💰

Last edited:

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco Sold Out for Years, Orders Pour in for F-150 Lightning and Maverick

Ford Bronco Has Two Years Of Sales Orders
So far 190,000 customers have reserved a Bronco, the rugged SUV that has seen its launch delayed a number of times, and which has had to sort out an issue with the supplier of its hardtops. But production is underway to fill the 125,000 reservations that have been converted to orders, Farley says. The SUV is essentially sold out for two years.

Ford Bronco Ford must be doing something right. Bronco Essentially Sold Out for Years 1624222034220

OV-10B Bronco Demo Team

Fine with me - I can wait until the Flying Bronco is available. o_O[/QUOTE]

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Fine with me - I can wait until the Flying Bronco is available. o_O
Careful what you wish for, or this wonderful human being might grant you your wish…

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I'm thinking that when he said "2 years" he's counting '21, and '22 since this years production essentially just started. At least I hope that's what he meant.
MY21 isn't a full year, though. If they can only make 30k hard tops in 6 months, unless something drastic happens, I don't think they are going to make the 190k mark by next year.

Chief1301

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Mustang GT Premium; 1994 Bronco XLT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Who knows. Ford's all about reservations these days, that's their sales/marketing thing. I'm not buying any car I haven't fully evaluated including test driven. So I'm not Ford's target customer. Two years doesn't work for me. Will see how it all plays out I guess.
[/QUOTE)

You'll be able to drive FCTP vehicles and your ordered vehicle before you finalize your purchase. But you'll lose your $100 reservation fee if you decline to purchase your ordered vehicle.

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Opinions from pundits are minor factors ... most of us will want to TEST DRIVE it when we see one in person.
You know, how cars are often sold.

For me, a test drive will be more important.
I hear you. Problem for me is that I don't care to test drive a Bronco on road. the Off Rodeo would be more of what I need, but that's a loaded trial in carefully manicured courses.

I told someone earlier in another thread a few weeks back that I can't remember the last time I test drove a car before ordering it. In a dealership I talk business first (money).

All of these were Bimmers which I trust the drive, but there are always some surprises with new technology which I generally haven't liked much.

For what the Bronco is, a true test for me won't happen until I've taken it deep in the woods and see how it feels and handles the first time I screw up and get it somewhere I shouldn't.

Can't wait!

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I think you hit the nail on the head here. Despite it’s mass market appeal, the Bronco is built-for-purpose; and that purpose isn’t generally what “Car and Driver” et al normally address. Those kinds of automotive reviews are going to focus on fuel economy, fit and finish, comfort and features, and overall value for purchase price…. Very few of those boxes were checked by Ford in the development of the Gen6 Bronco (not to say Ford didn’t address them, but rather they didn’t design around those “key” areas). What will those reviews tell us when they get around to writing them? That the Bronco is loud on the highway compared to an Explorer. Ok. That a Bronco makes terrible fuel economy for a 2021 vehicle. Ok. That the interior of the Bronco isn’t full of posh leather surfaces and fancy accents. Gotcha. We know all that. Ford hasn’t hidden it. Those who actually want the Bronco want the Bronco for what it can do; which is a helluva lot more than what a quiet, fuel sipping, plush mall crawler can do… and hence we get the reviews by the ACTUAL experts - those who are driving the Bronco at it’s full capability; stretching it to the max the way it’s intended to be driven.

Frankly, I could give a damn what an “automotive journalist” has to say about my Bronco. Why would I? I’d rather hear from the experts, and we have.
You're preaching gospel today brother. A true Righteous Gemstones preacher.

Here's what I've noticed from the guys even on this forum; most are getting this thing to be trendy. There have been posts about all sorts of crap from cup holders, to leather quality (I'm getting MGV). Guys have even been debating fuel efficiency lately which is just a joke to me.

I am buying this Bronco to get it dirty and keep it that way. I'll DD it, but it's my toy and the rougher around the edges the better. Most don't want to admit to being a mall crawler, but just look at the Wranglers you see with no dirt or rust bits in the undercarriage, even in Colorado.

Thing is, my theory is that with a country that has been at war for the past 20 years, there are countless vets out there and fact is, these guys just always tend to look cool, and hard, and purposeful. These are the guys who get these trucks and put them through paces very often.

Same effect happened following WWII and Vietnam and true, my grandpa fought in the Pacific in the infantry for 3 years and survived that shit. My dad was in Nam and survived as a 30 day wonder. Growing up, they just looked like real men to me because they were. My friends grandpas and dads did too, with the exception of those who didn't get drafted or went to fight.

Right now, we watch TV shows and movies that celebrate our vets (we should!) and the camping, hard looking trucks and off roaders, and just the overall manly aesthetic make something like a Bronco very cool. Think many of us like the vibe that our war fighters give off and like what they like.

I am not a vet, but I get lure and desire to look purposeful even though many non-vet guys hate not being comfortable, hot, cold, or bugs. Funny thing is that many guys who served shake their heads at what I just wrote; that also makes them even cooler!

Perfect time for Ford to release it, as my military lure theory and several other factors make the Bronco hot, even if expectations are in strange places.

End rant. 🤣
Sponsored