Sponsored

Ford Mustang Mach-E to be built in China (also)

MyBroncoNotYours

Badlands
First Name
Good Try FBI
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Agree. The question was wether this really a good thing for Ford to be doing.
China is one of the largest markets next to Europe and Brazil (which Ford already has a large presence in both). Expanding the opportunity in China and tapping into more of that market is the appropriate next step.

I believe a couple years ago they said they were pulling out of portions of Europe and South America so they better try to expand elsewhere or they are just giving up market share.
Sponsored

Deleted member 5064

Well seeing how the Mach E is being outsold like 10 to 1 versus Model Y right now the Mach E is an incredibly important vehicle for Ford. They need to be closer to battery cell/pack production in China as well. I imagine China built Mach E will go to Euorope as well as that’s what Tesla has done before Giga Berlin comes online next month.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

they are making them in china for the china market regional manufacturing saves money look at what Tesla doing and they making boat loads of cash right now
True but the issue is that China does not and has never respected intellectual property. They will steal the technology and build their own version of the same item. Then they dump over here and our companies cry that they can't compete.. Seen it happen numerous times with a multitude of industries. Corporate greed continues to follow this obvious trap since it enriches their pockets.

OP
OP
GravyTrain

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Well seeing how the Mach E is being outsold like 10 to 1 versus Model Y right now the Mach E is an incredibly important vehicle for Ford. They need to be closer to battery cell/pack production in China as well. I imagine China built Mach E will go to Euorope as well as that’s what Tesla has done before Giga Berlin comes online next month.
Not trying to start anything but where are you getting that info?
https://www.caranddriver.com/features/g36278968/best-selling-evs-of-2021/

OP
OP
GravyTrain

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is excellent General Bronco Topics content. Good job at correctly categorizing this article.
I am wondering if Broncos will always be made exclusively in the US.

Sponsored

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I am wondering if Broncos will always be made exclusively in the US.
Mods/Admin move this to general auto talk as they should. Bringing up another vehicle and then wondering in your mind and replacing the other vehicle with Bronco is not General Bronco Topics content because anything would be generally related to the Bronco if you imagine the Bronco in any context.

OP
OP
GravyTrain

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Mods/Admin move this to general auto talk as they should. Bringing up another vehicle and then wondering in your mind and replacing the other vehicle with Bronco is not General Bronco Topics content because anything would be generally related to the Bronco if you imagine the Bronco in any context.
Noted. Are you contributing or just gate keeping?

Deleted member 5064

Not trying to start anything but where are you getting that info?
https://www.caranddriver.com/features/g36278968/best-selling-evs-of-2021/
https://www.autoweek.com/news/green-cars/a37850050/tesla-deliveries-record/

Last I saw Mach E was around 16k units so far this year and Tesla actually combines Model3/Y in reported numbers which is around 230k so far but the consensus is Model Y is probably 20-25% higher take rate then the Model 3 , so probably in the 115k so far this year easily.

jaspercasidino

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Noted. Are you contributing or just gate keeping?
Gate keeping I suppose. Entropy fights me at every step but I do what I can to try and keep Bronco topics in Bronco sub forums and non-Bronco threads in non-Bronco sub forums. Mainly what I can do entails reporting the thread to the admins and saying it’s a non Bronco topic in a Bronco sub forum and let the mods and admin sort it out.

In order to participate, has the Bronco been announced for the Chinese market? If not, doesn’t seem like Ford would stand up manufacturing in the region. Why would they?

OP
OP
GravyTrain

GravyTrain

Outer Banks
First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
LR4, 2020 110
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Gate keeping I suppose. Entropy fights me at every step but I do what I can to try and keep Bronco topics in Bronco sub forums and non-Bronco threads in non-Bronco sub forums. Mainly what I can do entails reporting the thread to the admins and saying it’s a non Bronco topic in a Bronco sub forum and let the mods and admin sort it out.

In order to participate, has the Bronco been announced for the Chinese market? If not, doesn’t seem like Ford would stand up manufacturing in the region. Why would they?
It has been announced the Bronco for the Middle East market. Doesn’t seem far fetched that China would be possible.
https://fordauthority.com/2021/03/ford-bronco-launches-in-the-middle-east-this-summer/

Sponsored

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Agree. Just wondering if it’s good for Ford or dilutes the “American Made” idea. Clearly not all Fords are made here.
i think that true american made thing went out the window a long time ago and it definitely dont mean a thing to the chinese

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I’m surprised they haven’t just ripped off the entire Ford brand for domestic use.
china doing really fine by themselves without ripping off Ford

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
if they want to survive then they are gonna need to do this

Phil

Raptor
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3 LR
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
True but the issue is that China does not and has never respected intellectual property. They will steal the technology and build their own version of the same item. Then they dump over here and our companies cry that they can't compete.. Seen it happen numerous times with a multitude of industries. Corporate greed continues to follow this obvious trap since it enriches their pockets.
china already way ahead of ford in making electric vehicles Ford may want to steal from the chinese this time around
Sponsored