Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not to get off subject with the Bronco., but since we're waiting around another month for the BIG REVEAL.. I read a article on Ford Authority about a Mustang Sedan, pretty cool looking IMO. Looks like after Ford goes after the Wrangler crowd they'll be gunning for the Dodge Charger Crowd. It kinda has that Porsche Panamera vibe to it. I would definitely buy one of these over a Charger if I was in the market.
Ford Bronco Ford Mustang Sedan Ford-Mustang-GT-Sedan2
Sponsored

Last edited:

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not to get off subject with the Bronco., but since we're waiting around another month for the BIG REVEAL.. I read a article on Ford Authority about a Mustang Sedan, pretty cool looking IMO. Looks like after Ford goes after the Wrangler crowd they'll be gunning for the Dodge Charger Crowd. It kinda has that Porsche Panamera vibe to it. I would definitely buy one of these over a Charger if I was in the market.
Ford Bronco Ford Mustang Sedan Ford-Mustang-GT-Sedan2
yes this was discussed at the GT500 dealers meeting few years back.

dealers asked whatā€™s next?
Mach E (electric crossover)
Then a Mach SEDAN
Hybrid mustang
Ecoboost mustang
Mustang sedan
And MORE!

they said they were testing things in house and conducting research to see if the market would want it.

mustang sedan and electric version would take on the Charger (which is gettin an update in 2-3 years) and the Tesla S. Then Ecoboost obviously to push the envelope on the mustang.

all EARLY stages of development. Likely not till late 20s. After the next generation comes out

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Also the NEXT generation of Lincoln's. You already have the Aviator. Now a sedan (next continental) and maybe a smaller (zephyr?) boom. Money.

Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Is this just "New Coke"?

I thought Ford's stated strategy was discontinuing sedans?

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
From what I understand the rumors of a mustang sedan was really about Mach E.

Sedans are dead. And tbh thereā€™s zero reason to bring them back. SUVā€™s are just better in every way almost.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
From what I understand the rumors of a mustang sedan was really about Mach E.

Sedans are dead. And tbh thereā€™s zero reason to bring them back. SUVā€™s are just better in every way almost.
odds are there will be an electric sedan tho to take on the model 3/S. Odds are it will be a sedan version of the Mach e. Plus they are still going to make luxury sedans. The MKZ (Zepher) and Continental will need up dated in the next 2-3 Years. And they talked about making them rwd before this last gen. So it would make sense to use that platform.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
odds are there will be an electric sedan tho to take on the model 3/S. Odds are it will be a sedan version of the Mach e. Plus they are still going to make luxury sedans. The MKZ (Zepher) and Continental will need up dated in the next 2-3 Years. And they talked about making them rwd before this last gen. So it would make sense to use that platform.
Ford has no need for an electric sedan. The biggest benefit of a sedan is the gas mileage.... which is moot due to it being an electric vehicle. Ford will be content with Chevy and Tesla duking it out for the pennies in front of a steamroller, and offer SUVā€™s instead.

Ford cutting sedans from their lineup is the only reason they arenā€™t bankrupt right now. Zero reason to go back.

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford has no need for an electric sedan. The biggest benefit of a sedan is the gas mileage.... which is moot due to it being an electric vehicle. Ford will be content with Chevy and Tesla duking it out for the pennies in front of a steamroller, and offer SUVā€™s instead.

Ford cutting sedans from their lineup is the only reason they arenā€™t bankrupt right now. Zero reason to go back.
but for Lincoln tho. Sporty rwd big sedans is a decent market and I know a lot of old timers that are pissed the Continental is fwd.
they should have used the new explorer platfrom for it like they were testing 4 years ago.

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sacrilege, but I like the render.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Base
but for Lincoln tho. Sporty rwd big sedans is a decent market and I know a lot of old timers that are pissed the Continental is fwd.
they should have used the new explorer platfrom for it like they were testing 4 years ago.
My understanding is Ford is done with trying to service every nit picker. Those same people who want a sporty rwd sedans are probably the same people who buy used since the depreciation on them is so bad. Ford is trying to make shit that people buy, and people buy a lot of. The exceptions to this are their luxury SUVā€™s, which they have insane profit margins on, and the mustang/Ford GT which are flagship products.

CJay

Badlands
First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 Ranger FX4 (MANUAL) & '74 VW Thing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What about a Mustang Ute... Is this the Mustang Maverick?
Ford Bronco Ford Mustang Sedan mustang_ute

dmtndan

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Silverado, 2014 Malibu
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Why would they sell this when the Taurus would not sell? If I recall the top line Taurus SHO had the 3.5L EB wit 365hp/350ftlb and AWD. The styling was a bit soft on the Taurus, but it was a direct competitor to the Charger. Discontinued 2019

another competitor was the Chevy SS with the 6.2l V8 with 415hp/415ftlb..... and yet the Charger killed this guy too. Discontinued 2017
Sponsored