Sponsored

Ford needs to be careful in how they handle the reservations in the coming months.

Runningwaters

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
They’ve obviously received a lot of interest through refundable $100 dollar deposits. But that’s not nearly as good as selling a large number of Broncos.

At the end of the day, the appeal of the Bronco is what it can do. And there are other capable vehicles in the market.
Competitors.

Not all reservations are going to follow through, but Ford needs to make sure they don’t lose more.

Fords handling of this has obviously upset a large number of reservation holders (from the website issues, to the FE interior, to (especially this one) not allowing people to switch dealerships without canceling, etc.).

First Bronco deliveries are about an entire year away and Ford needs to do their best to keep reservation holders interests. Because those competitors are already out there and are more than ready to catch the people dropping from their Bronco reservation.
Sponsored

DBOZ

Black Diamond
First Name
Daren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Genesis, Acura
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If I lose my reservation, I will just wait an extra year and get a better deal in the process once the hype dies down. In the meantime, that’s 2 years for me to change my mind and get something else. I am not going to get stuck with a dealer now who is overcharging or not going to work with me on pricing. I don’t NEED this, I WANT one. It’s emotional. If they lose me now my emotions to pony up 45-50g May fade and common sense may step in. A first year new model is always risky and I bet year 2 they reconfigure pricing and packages based on what sells year one. Seen the first adopters get screwed many times.

psychwarfare

First Edition
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi A3, MGB
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Really not impressed with this process so far. And this will be blasphemous here, but I was always a Jeep guy. I liked the last gen. Bronco plenty, but the past few years was considering a Wrangler. Especially after seeing the grille and hood they used on the gladiator on Gearz.

This new Bronco lured me away from Jeep but as things unfold it's starting to piss me off, I'm a big principle guy. And if Jeep does put out a V8 Wrangler, new era Ford will probably be dead to me at this point. I will own a first gen Mustang again, but that's about it.

It doesn't help that I have a very good relationship with my local Jeep dealer.

So, I'll wait until it's time to order and make a final decision.

The website crashing, the expansion of FE slots, the potential blue only interior, the potential to not be able to switch dealers...all in a short period of time, are all taking the shine off this thing.

It's too early to be certain of what's locked down. But that's even more concerning to me. When you cant get your ducks in a row after having a significant period of time to do so, it makes me question what the quality of the product will be and how the process will really be. Then to have us endure all of that and wait almost a year for the vehicle...its a bit shit really.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

IMO they did the best they could considering the world we live in right now. I would imagine most of the work was done remotely and they def exceeded everyones expectations.

Sure I've jumped the gun on the NAVY FE interior but who wouldn't at 65k? Website was a shit show but now it's cleaned up.

Take a step back and compare this remake to the FJ, Defender, Blazer and Wrangler.

Bronco gave us a rig that's F'in beautiful...

:cool:

gshorn

Wildtrak
First Name
Herb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford f150 platinum
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

so i hadnt heard that, if you switch dealers you lose your place in line?

Sponsored

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The revised Bronco Reservation FAQ now states that if you want to change dealerships for your reservation then you have to cancel your existing one and place a new reservation at the dealership you want to switch to. Which I believe effectively makes you lose your place in line.

EDIT: thread discussing the change and potentially being able to change dealers when the order is to be placed: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ange-your-dealer-at-time-of-final-order.2711/

Last edited:

Natai

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Sentra, Mercedes GLC
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just changed in the FAQ yesterday. You can no longer just change your reservation to a different dealer. You have to cancel and create a new reservation.

Given the number of people that were talking about changing their reservations (and some of these people have multiple reservations) I've got to wonder if part of the reason for the change in policy was the sheer numbers. A few thousand people calling to make changes can be a challenge, and it's probably not any easier when a lot of people are working from home. Not to mention that impacts the support you can offer to other customers.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Why is everyone getting so pissy about the FE interior? Has anyone actually seen it in person?

Too many peeps jumped the gun and order online and allowed the system to pick the dealer. I knew exactly what dealer I wanted to buy from and emailed them 1 week after online orders were open and they sent me a link to place an order at their dealership.

You guys want everything under the sun and it is not going to happen. If you are not happy then take your money elsewhere. BUT ask yourself this question .. who else is making a vehicle like this? Jeep has been making the same damn vehicle for 25+ years and their answer to Ford is a V8? And why would they go V8 now when their base has been asking this for years? BECAUSE they got their asses handed to them on a silver platter.

Our wallet is the only vote we have. If you don't like the bronco then don't buy it.

If Bronco sales go through the roof and I think it will .. there will be many variations for years to come.

Everyone should be happy that Ford actually brought back the Bronco

the FE interior, to (especially this one) not allowing people to switch dealerships without canceling, etc.).

Last edited:

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The revised Bronco Reservation FAQ now states that if you want to change dealerships for your reservation then you have to cancel your existing one and place a new reservation at the dealership you want to switch to. Which I believe effectively makes you lose your place in line.
Apparently you get to reselect a dealer during the ordering g process.

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Apparently you get to reselect a dealer during the ordering g process.
That is with the Mach-E process which is already different now that Ford modified how you change dealerships for your Bronco reservation.

At this point I wouldn’t use the Mach-E process as a template for the Bronco. It might be the same down the line or it might not.

EDIT: thread discussing the change and potentially being able to change dealers when the order is to be placed: https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/thre...ange-your-dealer-at-time-of-final-order.2711/

Last edited:

Sponsored

coolrain

Badlands
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Ford Ranger, 2014 Camaro 1LE
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yes - you have to cancel and restart with the new dealer. Depending on your trim this may not be as big of an impact as people think on delivery date
They will produce the rigs by trim level, no idea if they do ALL reservations for a trim then move on or switch by day/week etc. - I guess it depends on the production plan. Having experience with this I can tell you the best approach to ensure quality and manage costs is all vehicles with similar specs... there is costs/efficiencies in what parts are on the assembly line, what specific process team member x does etc. etc....... Having an 8" dash assembly and a 12" dash assembly in the same area is not logistically feasible .... blah blah I could go on and on

Ford Bronco Ford needs to be careful in how they handle the reservations in the coming months. 1595511696998

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Agreed! Cancel away. Every unit that is cancelled will end up on a dealer lot with ADM.

Ford will NOT not be able to make them fast enough.

Honestly, I think Ford will sell every Bronco they can make in 2021, regardless of how many reservations get cancelled.

Rausy91

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
This is Ford's way of delegating the task of changing dealers on a reservation from their employees to the consumer. Nothing more.
Sponsored