Sponsored

Ford needs to be careful in how they handle the reservations in the coming months.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

When Ford made the increase to 7000 those additional 3500 FE's were not available for people to reserve and this is my point about why Ford needs to explain why they made the increase. Part of the reason people were willing to pay a higher price for the FE was exclusivity. When Ford doubled the number FE's exclusivity was effectively cut by 50% with no price reduction announced by Ford.
I... I thought I explained why they made the increase... A major technical issue they weren’t prepared for gave them way more demand, so they gave the supply. Why would they give a price reduction? “Exclusivity” isn’t going to be a line item on your window sticker. A lot of people seem to believe that FE is going to be a value package since everything comes standard with it.
Sponsored

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I... I thought I explained why they made the increase... A major technical issue they weren’t prepared for gave them way more demand, so they gave the supply. Why would they give a price reduction? “Exclusivity” isn’t going to be a line item on your window sticker. A lot of people seem to believe that FE is going to be a value package since everything comes standard with it.
Maybe a Jeep owner hacked their system- the only way I imagine they could give Ford and their customers a FU!!!

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Maybe a Jeep owner hacked their system- the only way I imagine they could give Ford and their customers a FU!!!
Um have you been to the JL forums lately? I don't think there's a jeep owner out there smart enough to hack their system. Just saying ?

Wasatch

Wildtrak
First Name
TD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JeepJK
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes - you have to cancel and restart with the new dealer. Depending on your trim this may not be as big of an impact as people think on delivery date
They will produce the rigs by trim level, no idea if they do ALL reservations for a trim then move on or switch by day/week etc. - I guess it depends on the production plan. Having experience with this I can tell you the best approach to ensure quality and manage costs is all vehicles with similar specs... there is costs/efficiencies in what parts are on the assembly line, what specific process team member x does etc. etc....... Having an 8" dash assembly and a 12" dash assembly in the same area is not logistically feasible .... blah blah I could go on and on

1595511696998.png
You are correct re: production & assembly line issues and parts supply logistics. This was the primary reason I reserved Wildtrak as a Hardtop, 6 cyl and Sas. pkg. are std. No "Wildtrak" without those features. My guess is that orders that add those options (aka Badlands) wil lbe delayed or modified. My dad retired from FoMoCo and I worked at FoMoCo for a number of years dealing with these very issues.

Sponsored

aplm7

Black Diamond
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

This is Ford's way of delegating the task of changing dealers on a reservation from their employees to the consumer. Nothing more.
But why couldn't they actually consider the customer in this? They could make a button to let you modify the reservation

Rausy91

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
But why couldn't they actually consider the customer in this? They could make a button to let you modify the reservation
I wasn't trying to say that they did it the "right" way, I was just pointing out the obvious....that they did it.

If they wanted to make us do their work, I agree giving us a modify button would've been better than a cancel/reorder process.

I am also one of those people that have a FE reserved so I technically CAN'T cancel/reorder. Luckily I was able to reserve with my preferred dealer but I know others weren't as fortunate.

purz

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GC, Camaro ZL1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My biggest frustration is the builder still not being up. I don't really see the excuse for that and I want to see how much it's going to cost me for what I want before I bother to order. Probably going to end up waiting as it likely won't be out soon enough after my current SUV lease ends. They should've had builder up and required a much bigger deposit considering the current circumstances. Wouldn't be surprised if the releases get delayed + numerous other issues because of the demand being half fake.

Zero_chance

Badlands
First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.southvalleymustang.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They’ve obviously received a lot of interest through refundable $100 dollar deposits. But that’s not nearly as good as selling a large number of Broncos.

At the end of the day, the appeal of the Bronco is what it can do. And there are other capable vehicles in the market.
Competitors.

Not all reservations are going to follow through, but Ford needs to make sure they don’t lose more.

Fords handling of this has obviously upset a large number of reservation holders (from the website issues, to the FE interior, to (especially this one) not allowing people to switch dealerships without canceling, etc.).

First Bronco deliveries are about an entire year away and Ford needs to do their best to keep reservation holders interests. Because those competitors are already out there and are more than ready to catch the people dropping from their Bronco reservation.
You all sound like a bunch of whiners with your serious first world problems. No one made you make a reservation. You chose to pick a dealership that you didn’t want for whatever reason, which is on you, no one else. By all means, you fairweather fans and band wagoners please drop your reservations and buy a competitor. More inventory for real enthusiasts.

thenewjs

Raptor
First Name
Archie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Braptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

It's not important to me to have one of the first off the lot. If I do get a 2021, I rather it be among the last to roll off the lot. I don't want the potential first adopter problems, my 2013 is paid off, I can wait till the 2022 and refuse to be in an unfavorable situation.

I believe this reveal was last minute, with covid FORD knew they would have a captive audience. I don't think they would have gotten the amount of reservations they did if the country was normal. If covid gets worse this winter, I can see supply shortages and more work stoppages.

Sponsored

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This is what happens when a 117 year old car maker tries to be a tech company run by a furniture CEO. Ford engineers know how to build a great product; Ford is just clueless on how to sell/market it. They're trying too hard to be like Tesla but without the infrastructure to back it up.

Rausy91

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Here's another question/conspiracy theory - I've actually wondered if they TRULY oversold or if it just appears to them that they oversold and needed to up the cap.

My reasoning is: I know that I reserved ONE Bronco on the night of the unveil yet my Ford.com account stated that I had reached the maximum of TWO reserved vehicles. I have seen others make comments that the same thing happened to them. I wonder if any of this led Ford to believe that they had more reservations than they actually did?

No need to flame me - I realize that this is an "out of left field" thought and Ford more than likely is way smarter than this.....but weird stuff definitely happens, especially in the IT world.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here's another question/conspiracy theory - I've actually wondered if they TRULY oversold or if it just appears to them that they oversold and needed to up the cap.

My reasoning is: I know that I reserved ONE Bronco on the night of the unveil yet my Ford.com account stated that I had reached the maximum of TWO reserved vehicles. I have seen others make comments that the same thing happened to them. I wonder if any of this led Ford to believe that they had more reservations than they actually did?

No need to flame me - I realize that this is an "out of left field" thought and Ford more than likely is way smarter than this.....but weird stuff definitely happens, especially in the IT world.

I did have a couple of customers ask me the same thing when I one of my sales reps called to confirm the order and 2 were present...they looked on the source the used for the deposit and found that it was charged twice...cancelled the 2nd one and were refunded...

So call the dealership and find out if they have 2 reservations for you...

Rausy91

First Edition
First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I did have a couple of customers ask me the same thing when I one of my sales reps called to confirm the order and 2 were present...they looked on the source the used for the deposit and found that it was charged twice...cancelled the 2nd one and were refunded...

So call the dealership and find out if they have 2 reservations for you...
My Ford.com account now correctly reflects that I have only one reservation and my credit card was only charged one time so I think everything has been straightened out as far as my particular case is concerned but it did take a couple of days. But I think you see what I'm getting at, for some of us our one reservation was being counted as two during the time the website was wonky and I'm just wondering if it caused Ford to think "oh crap" the system didn't shut down FE reservations at 3,500 like it was supposed to so now we have to make more - which will cause a little bit of heartburn, but nothing like the heartburn that would be caused if we have to go back to X number of people and tell them that they really don't have a confirmed reservation like we told them they did.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My Ford.com account now correctly reflects that I have only one reservation and my credit card was only charged one time so I think everything has been straightened out as far as my particular case is concerned but it did take a couple of days. But I think you see what I'm getting at, for some of us our one reservation was being counted as two during the time the website was wonky and I'm just wondering if it caused Ford to think "oh crap" the system didn't shut down FE reservations at 3,500 like it was supposed to so now we have to make more - which will cause a little bit of heartburn, but nothing like the heartburn that would be caused if we have to go back to X number of people and tell them that they really don't have a confirmed reservation like we told them they did.
Perfect, glad it has resolved itself..

As for the FE's - I for one would not want to make that phone call...no way in hades would I want that..
Sponsored