First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes e400 cab, edge titanium, ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yeah, I just wish they had more allocations but I wouldnt pay even a single dollar over MSRP. I'm sure there are people who would and I say great for them if they can afford it. 🙂 How much you are willing to pay makes you jump the line for sure so you don't even need to worry about waiting until 2025 or something.
I pretty sure you would pay a couple thousand over mrsp , let’s not get dramatic. I mean let’s be honest, getting one a couple thousand over, is a steal.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I pretty sure you would pay a couple thousand over mark , let’s not get dramatic. I mean let’s be honest, getting one a couple thousand over is a steal.
I hear what u're saying, but not me. I'm def willing to walk away. Sometimes the stubbornness is a benefit and sometimes it is a downfall 😂😂😂.

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Yeah, I just wish they had more allocations but I wouldnt pay even a single dollar over MSRP. I'm sure there are people who would and I say great for them if they can afford it. 🙂 How much you are willing to pay makes you jump the line for sure so you don't even need to worry about waiting until 2025 or something.
local used lot has a 22 Big Bend 4DR softy 2.3 stick stripper 2k on the clock, its over 70k, but dealer discount back to 60 something for that great deal. I was like how many times has this thing flipped lol

OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
local used lot has a 22 Big Bend 4DR softy 2.3 stick stripper 2k on the clock, its over 70k, but dealer discount back to 60 something for that great deal. I was like how many times has this thing flipped lol
Hahaha yeah, well it will keep happening as long as people are willing to pay higher. I will not participate in the bidding process. My dealer did tell me that I can order any other Bronco besides the Raptor and it will not be over MSRP if you wait for your order, but after my experience with them I don't believe anything they say at all. Hopefully by 2024 they may sort some of this out as the demand falls off and the chip shortage is fixed.

Skydoc

Badlands
First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F350 , LS3 V8 Jeep Wrangler jku
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My brother and I were on the internal dealer list of interest to order a Bronco Raptor since September of 2021. I was number 4 on that list and he was number 9. We did not make it for the 2022 model year but the Ford dealership called us in today to make an actual reservations for the 2023 model year. The order banks for 2023 are not open yet but their plan was to put it in the system as a 2022 and then later we can update when the 2023 options come out. I don't know how all this works I am just going off of what they said as I know they initially closed the 2022 orders in March.

The conversation got to the point where there was going to be a 10k mark up. My brother and I walked away. I even had a letter that the dealership signed in 2021 stating there will be no mark up if you put in an order and wait; however this couldn’t be further from the truth as they completely contradicted and pulled a 180 on us. When we initially inquired about the vehicle we only spoke about the Raptor trim levels and now they are telling us that those Raptor trims are marked up.

If Ford is listening they need to know about what is going on and they need to provide more allocations if possible 🙂. I don’t have a problem with mark ups if you tell me ahead of time; however, I do have a problem with dealerships contradicting, lying, and wasting the customer’s time.

The dealership was told back in 2021 what we want to order specifically and they were also told that we are not interested in purchasing the vehicle above MSRP. If the vehicle was to be sold at MSRP we would just walk away and not even be interested in that scenario; however, the dealer said that they don't charge over MSRP for any of their vehicles if you put in an order and wait for your vehicle to be built. I asked them if they were willing to put this in writing and sign it and they said yes (this was in December of 2021). The dealership was specifically told about me not being interested in paying over MSRP and not to make me wait if that was going to be the case which why the letter was obtained in the first place; however, they still came back contradicting their own statements.

During our order yesterday they said oh by the way there is a 10k markup, when I mentioned the letter they gave me they just apologized and said there is still a mark up. Seems like the dealerships wanted to have their cake and eat it too by keeping you waiting and wasting your time and then later pulling the classic bait and switch maneuver to screw you over. What a waste of time and energy. This could have all been prevented had they told us the truth to begin with. I later sent them the letter they gave me in a text message and they told me they were going to look into it again. I guess I am keeping my fingers crossed. The letter they gave me is shown below. This bait and switch behavior needs to stop and Ford needs to be aware of what they are still doing as they never stopped.

Screenshot_20220530-192421~3.png
But now they have two orders under your names they will have delivered to their store to sell for $30k markup or more

Sponsored
OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
But now they have two orders under your names they will have delivered to their store to sell for $30k markup or more
Oh well, I guess money trumps all agreements. Here is my exchange with them today.
Yeah true. Someone will definitely be all over that lol. Here is my convo with one of the managers today.

Attachments

Havoc1

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 F250, 20 Accord Sport, 21 HD
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Post up that letter and I will get to all of this afterwards.

ETA: That letter is your argument, and without it there is no reason to respond here anymore because this is all dealer said, I said.
Just show us the letter.
I can't find it, I will post it if I run across it.
I just found the letter. I will not post it due to all the dealership name, info and stuff on there but here is what it says "such and such dealership will be placing an order for the Bronco Raptor". It is custom that our dealership won't charge an addendum. Purchase price will be MSRP plus taxes, titles and fees." The rest is just general sale manager signature along with address and bla bla.
I sent one of the managers a text with a copy of the letter they gave me just in case they change their mind. 😂😂😂

Screenshot_20220530-192421~3.png
There's so much bs here I'm pretty sure I just walked up to a dairy farm.

That letter has so many grammatical errors in it its not funny, and no self respecting dealer would write up something like that without a proper header or anything.

How the hell do people still think everything they read on the internet is true without fact checking?!

George Lopez ford dealership sounds fake as hell, he tells jokes just like this post.

OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

That letter has so many grammatical errors in it its not funny, and no self respecting dealer would write up something like that without a proper header or anything.

How the hell do people still think everything they read on the internet is true without fact checking?!

George Lopez ford dealership sounds fake as hell, he tells jokes just like this post.

It's not BS because what is the pay off? Believe me I don't have no single interest in lying here. You are acting like these type of things have not been happening with these dealers. Where have you been the last two years? Yeah, I couldn't find the letter initially which is why I couldn't show it to the dealer when I went there but then I found it and texted it to him like I promised I would when I find it. I scratched the name for privacy purposes. If Ford wants to know who it is I will gladly give them that info privately. I don't have a single interest in lying about anything here. It's the truth but you can believe what you want to believe.
Sponsored

Last edited: