Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
Right now it seems it’s October 31st.

I talked to my dealer today about MSRP and they said they don’t plan to charge above MSRP. Good news but they could just be saying that and when it comes time to order ask for an extra grand or so.

I feel like the reservation cutoff should be moved to December 31st. That way if they ask for more we can choose another dealer rather than cancel our reservation pushing us out to 2022/beyond
Sponsored

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I agree. However, you better believe I and probably 99% of the members (and non-members) would raise absolute hell to Ford if dealers went back on their words and charged on-top of MSRP.

OP
OP
Blitzinger

Blitzinger

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree. However, you better believe I and probably 99% of the members (and non-members) would raise absolute hell to Ford if dealers went back on their words and charged on-top of MSRP.
Ford will throw up their hands and say they can’t control what a franchise charges.

it’s why a specific dealership was blamed and not Toyota for charging like 30k more for the Supra

privateer35

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2021
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford will throw up their hands and say they can’t control what a franchise charges.

it’s why a specific dealership was blamed and not Toyota for charging like 30k more for the Supra
Like I said, absolute hell. I don’t see why anyone would tolerate being lied to. It would shy me away for sure.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you are worried about your dealer screwing you over you need to find a another dealer. Or, at the very least make another reservation at a competing dealership. Chances are they won't get into a bidding war for your business but that should at least keep them honest.

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Like I said, absolute hell. I don’t see why anyone would tolerate being lied to. It would shy me away for sure.
Tolerate the lies or wait a few extra months

There are going to be a good amount of dealers willing to gamble their reputation for some good old fashioned price gouging

Sponsored

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Right now it seems it’s October 31st.

I talked to my dealer today about MSRP and they said they don’t plan to charge above MSRP. Good news but they could just be saying that and when it comes time to order ask for an extra grand or so.

I feel like the reservation cutoff should be moved to December 31st. That way if they ask for more we can choose another dealer rather than cancel our reservation pushing us out to 2022/beyond
When I called around to several SoCal dealers, I got virtually the same line from all of them with few variations, "We do not plan to charge above MSRP" My response, ' So does that mean that you might?" The respnse, 'Well, we need to see what happens." And pretty much the same with the others, technically non -commital but couched in terms that sounded good but were meaningless. Many of us have made Kearny Mesa Ford our dealer because they committed-in writing-to not charging above MSRP, not charging ADM costs, and stating up front that they will honor Ford X-Plan pricing. Additionally they have been very responsive to me when I contact them. I strongly advise folks not to settle for any dealer that will not commit to what they should in writing now, to shop around. Bronco buyer beware. :)

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If you are worried about your dealer screwing you over you need to find a another dealer. Or, at the very least make another reservation at a competing dealership. Chances are they won't get into a bidding war for your business but that should at least keep them honest.
I'm glad someone agrees with me that an honest dealer is an important consideration. Someone in the AZ buyers group tried to tell me price is the ultimate deciding factor. Rather than argue with him, I let it drop. I'd prefer to get only X plan and know my dealer won't pull any sneaky tricks.
Sponsored