Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

<rant>

On the opening night of the reservations for the Bronco I was bemused, frustrated, and then exasperated at the inability to make my reservation.

How could a Fortune 500 consumer brand be Sooooooooooo bad at consumer facing IT and web applications. Then I saw the marketing branding displayed when I got one of the numerous 404s... "Hold your horses, there's been a stampede!"

I remember thinking that some marketing genius decided that forced scarcity through throttling the auto scaling of the reservation site would be a smart thing to do to create buzz... "So many reservation that it CRASHED THE INTERNET!"

But then as time went on I saw the clusterfuck that was the build & price tool. Options not working things not aligning capability wise, limitations in configurations, and a fucking vehicle displayed with no roof for months on end.

Then I noticed that Ford's SSO (single sign-on) system (the thing you login too) was acting fucky on a regular basis as well. Several times it got confused between my Ford account I setup to do the reservation and the Ford account I had previously (same username) in a Ford App to help my neighbor with his car. I had password conflicts several times.

Finally today. I get my survey email. I am REALLY excited to extoll the virtues of Stephens Auto Center and excoriate Ford for letting scumbag dealers fuck over other customers. I spend 20 minutes writing almost the maximum amount possible in the first comment box. Fill out a couple of fields and hit next. Whoopsie doodle! Did that site just not take my input and put me back on the same page with my comment erased? Why yes, yes it did.

Then tonight I decide I want to use some of my Ford Pass points on accessories. Planning on getting them from @flip as a thank you for how helpful he's been on the forum. Get to the generic Ford accessories page, select Bronco, choose a category and "400 Reguest Header or Cookie too Big" courtesy of nginx.

It was never a marketing ploy; Ford is just REALLY REALLY bad at IT.

@Ford Motor Company please please please get your shit together. We get it you make kickass Broncos, please pay somebody other than your cousin's sister's ex-boyfriend's little kid brother Timmy to do your IT. There are actually REALLY good professional companies to do all this!

</rant>
Sponsored

flip

Badlands
Base Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ruxerparts.com
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

<rant>

On the opening night of the reservations for the Bronco I was bemused, frustrated, and then exasperated at the inability to make my reservation.

How could a Fortune 500 consumer brand be Sooooooooooo bad at consumer facing IT and web applications. Then I saw the marketing branding displayed when I got one of the numerous 404s... "Hold your horses, there's been a stampede!"

I remember thinking that some marketing genius decided that forced scarcity through throttling the auto scaling of the reservation site would be a smart thing to do to create buzz... "So many reservation that it CRASHED THE INTERNET!"

But then as time went on I saw the clusterfuck that was the build & price tool. Options not working things not aligning capability wise, limitations in configurations, and a fucking vehicle displayed with no roof for months on end.

Then I noticed that Ford's SSO (single sign-on) system (the thing you login too) was acting fucky on a regular basis as well. Several times it got confused between my Ford account I setup to do the reservation and the Ford account I had previously (same username) in a Ford App to help my neighbor with his car. I had password conflicts several times.

Finally today. I get my survey email. I am REALLY excited to extoll the virtues of Stephens Auto Center and excoriate Ford for letting scumbag dealers fuck over other customers. I spend 20 minutes writing almost the maximum amount possible in the first comment box. Fill out a couple of fields and hit next. Whoopsie doodle! Did that site just not take my input and put me back on the same page with my comment erased? Why yes, yes it did.

Then tonight I decide I want to use some of my Ford Pass points on accessories. Planning on getting them from @flip as a thank you for how helpful he's been on the forum. Get to the generic Ford accessories page, select Bronco, choose a category and "400 Reguest Header or Cookie too Big" courtesy of nginx.

@Ford Motor Company please please please get your shit together. We get it you make kickass Broncos, please pay somebody other than your cousin's sister's ex-boyfriend's little kid brother Timmy to do your IT. There are actually REALLY good professional companies to do all this!

</rant>
Oh, Ford’s consumer facing sites are up at least most of the time. I don’t know of a day in the last year all of the applications were working on the dealer side. Imagine being 3/4 the way through a 60 minute update and the site goes down bricking a PCM. I’ve heard technicians curse in tongues. Quite an impressive thing, actually.

TCC

Wildtrak
First Name
TC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX -> WT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
<rant>

</rant>
After 35yrs in IT working with Ford IT, many years exclusively, I can assure you that IT is not a core strength. That said, they are generally great people and far less behind than GM or Chrysler/FCA/etc.

OP
OP
dcg2

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

After 35yrs in IT working with Ford IT, many years exclusively, I can assure you that IT is not a core strength. That said, they are generally great people and far less behind than GM or Chrysler/FCA/etc.
I actually have a fair amount of sympathy, but damn it was frustrating today.

Philly

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Well, as someone that sells software for a living, I can tell you Ford is trying to improve. How quickly some of the things they have purchased will get implemented across all teams and start to benefit us is to be determined, but they are trying.

Won’t say it isn’t infuriating though!

Sponsored

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Surprised? Um, no. Ford can’t function the old fashion way with person to person information transaction. I realize now, how I messed up big time by following the instructions provided by a Ford rep over the phone. I was told my August 2020 reservation made me a MY 22 automatically. I was told I should not convert to an order until MY 22 was being accepted. I now realize I should have placed my ,most likely non buildable Bronco anyway. At best it may have actually been built and delivered, and at least I may have received the free swag and Ford points. I am now placing my order so it will show MY 21 prices which Ford has stated I am locked in at for 22. I have zero confidence that this “ promise” won’t also be broken by Ford. Not to mention the major SNAFU that will definitely occur when a sales rep tries to create my 21 locked price order while using a 22 order system. Still trying to figure out what my $100 reservation got me.

Catmandu

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep JKU (Officially Sold), 2015 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

<rant>

</rant>
As an IT professional I see what what you did there.....<rant></rant> ;)

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

As someone who works in the space, maybe Ford should do less outsourcing, its an IT problem in general and has been for about 20 years.

Sponsored
OP
OP
dcg2

dcg2

Badlands
First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CR-V
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

umm, maybe you need to fix something on your side. it works perfect for me.
I deleted all my cookies... cookies by the way that would have been set by ford.com

Still no bueno

First page displays fine... click on something.

King Luis

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Volvo XC60 & MK5 Jetta TDI
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I deleted all my cookies... cookies by the way that would have been set by ford.com

Still no bueno

First page displays fine... click on something.
just went through a bunch of pages and items. it's all good on my side.
tried on safari and chrome on two different computers. works fine.

i think companies more than ever need to have a strong IT base. For support and marketing, etc everyone gets their information from a website or app and if theres faults, people won't be happen. That said, you have to balance how much you spend on IT vs pricing of your products to compensate. can't have everything.

bizerrex

Base
First Name
mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
kia rio
Your Bronco Model
Base
agree, its not IT company. Its just car company. I wro with many IT projects and often use help of custom software development in developing different websites and other custome software. Vey convy. I have plan to start one ecommerce store.

Last edited:

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

FWIW, you would still have these sorts of issues if they were. Facebook (as much as I hate it) has more money than god to throw at their server support teams, and they still have sign-in problems and such.

AnthonyFuller

Outer Banks
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes SL500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It is difficult to tell the number of ODCs we have on the planet or even in one nation, make IT organizations open and close consistently. Yet, the business of seaward improvement develops and turns out to be more well known. Many organizations are searching for an ODC group to employ.

As per the data from DOU, in 2018 how much Ukrainian experts has raised to 160,000. 16.6% of this sum is working in organizations with in excess of 1,000 representatives. During the most recent 2 years, the IT business in Ukraine became by 60%>> dedicated offshore development center
Sponsored

Last edited: