First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I reserved 2 broncos for me and my son July 2020. They were ordered on March 18, 2021. I received the price protection guarantee from Ford Motor Company below on June 25, 2021 for each bronco guaranteeing no price increase through the model year 2023. My two broncos were delivered this month (33 months after reserving, and Ford is not honoring their price protection guarantee. Is anyone else having these issues? It says all broncos ordered prior to March 19 and my order was placed March 18. I’ve got all documentation from the dealership and the price protection email below from Ford. I’ve called Ford and they along with the dealership are refusing to honor it. What do I do?

Sent: Friday, June 25, 2021 3:02 PM
To: Tommy Lusk <[email protected]>
Subject: Bronco Order Holder Update

Important Updates About Your Order
2021 Bronco Non-First Dual Edition Reservation
β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ β€Œ
Important Updates About Your Order, View Online

Hello,
We're happy to report that Broncos are officially rolling off the production line.
Here. We. Go.
But the ongoing challenges with our hardtop roof supplier continue to impact our plans. We now have to produce more soft tops than planned and we won't be able to solely produce customer orders, as hoped. This also means a longer wait for those who ordered a molded in color hardtop.
Additionally, for the 2022 model, hardtop roof timing has taken another hit: our black, contrasting white, body color painted modular, and dual top roofs will now arrive in the 2023 model year. Until then, we can offer the carbonized gray molded in color hardtop as the only hardtop option for 2 and 4-door Broncos.
Like you, we're frustrated by these delays.
So, here's what we're going to do:
Β· Price Protection Extension thru 2023 model year - We'll continue to offer price protection to all Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021) to ensure you will not see an increase in MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2023 model year Bronco.
Β· Free Hardtop Prep Kit - Today we're announcing that all 4-door soft tops, beginning with September production, will include a hardtop prep kit at no additional cost. The prep kit enables you to order a soft top now and purchase a hardtop later. We anticipate that hardtop roofs will be available for purchase in the 2023 calendar year. If you're interested contact your dealer before July 16, 2021.
If you have questions about product updates or offers please reach out to your Ford Dealer directly or our Bronco Support Team at 800-334-4375. They're ready to help.
Rest assured that no matter what you decide, we're working around the clock to get you and your Bronco out into the wild.
Sincerely,
The Entire Bronco Team
Ford Motor Company
Customer Relationship Center (CRC)
P.O. Box 6248
Dearborn, MI 48126
All Rights Reserved.
Follow Ford​

This email was sent by: Program Headquarters
P.O. Box 312290 Detroit, MI 48231 United States​

This email has been scanned for spam and viruses by Proofpoint Essentials. Click here to report this email as​
Sponsored

OP
OP

Wildfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
My price quote for my 2021 Wildtrak sent to me from Hennessy Ford dealership on 03/18/21 was $58,740. The price they are quoting now is $67,830.00. Even though I have a full price protected guarantee for no price increases from Ford Motor Company through 2023 model year, they are only offering $3,620.00 in rebate. Nowhere close to the agreed price. Who is responsible? Ford or the dealership? Both are pointing the finger at the other.

Deleted member 49144

Hate to say it, but this is the new β€œCorporate America” that’s being thrown out. They don’t really give a shit about anything. Their philosophy is, if you don’t take it, someone else will. Nobody is held accountable anymore. I seriously can’t stand it.

OP
OP

Wildfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What really sucks is I have an email from Ford that flat out guarantees no price increase at all. There is no sliding scale or different price protection types. I’ve sent it to a lawyer so stay tuned for a possible class action suit. I’m not litigious, but this is fraud and a complete lack of integrity from Ford.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

That’s the dealer. Fords part is the certificate that covers between model years. The dealer is responsible for the 2 increases during model year 2023. It’s all spelled out in the thread you were directed to. This is a dealership issue, nothing Ford can do as they held up their part.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Wildfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yes, but I have an email from Ford Motor Company that guarantees no price increase through model year 2023. I pasted it in original post

OP
OP

Wildfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
What really sucks is I have an email from Ford that flat out guarantees no price increase at all. There is no sliding scale or different price protection types. I’ve sent it to a lawyer so stay tuned for a possible class action suit. I’m not litigious, but this is fraud and a complete lack of integrity from Ford.

BigHoof

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 2500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yes, but I have an email from Ford Motor Company that guarantees no price increase through model year 2023. I pasted it in original post
Ford provides the dealer a mechanism to refund the final increases. This is 100% on the dealer. Take a minute and read the info instead of arguing about it.

huey

Badlands
First Name
kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI VW EOS GMC Envoy Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

But you don't buy the vehicle from Ford motor Co. You buy from a dealer that is not ford owned. It's a dealer issue

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your DEALER is trying to screw you, NOT, Ford. Educate yourself on how the process works and then go battle the DEALER. My dealer played dumb on price protection when I purchased my vehicle, but they eventually β€˜saw the light’ after I educated them. Good luck!

Sponsored

WilVis

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford will tell you the price is set by the dealer. I called several times. I bought two Broncos. On the 2022, the dealership said they didn’t participate in price protection. Take it or leave it. I bought anyway as otherwise the deal was decent.

On my 2023, with a different dealer Ford sent me a check after the deal was done. I did get hosed with β€œmandatory” accessories.

Ford does next to nothing to enforce price protection.

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford provides the dealer a mechanism to refund the final increases. This is 100% on the dealer. Take a minute and read the info instead of arguing about it.
I agree and am fighting with my dealer who told me no price protection as well. I'm going in with all the proof they get paid back from Ford on the deal. Wish me luck!

2022 base

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Chevy, 2004 Cooper S
Your Bronco Model
Base
Try this doc with your dealer, its for current price protection.
Ford Bronco Ford not honoring price protection price protect

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150-KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Maybe take some time to read the linked posts and educate yourself instead of making laughable claims of class action law suits.

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I'm curious to see what your lawyer says but I don't think you're understanding it. You received the same email we all did, but this is how it works. MSRP still rises each year, then Ford provides a certificate number to your dealer which is a private cash offer to reduce the cost of what you end up paying. In theory, it is exactly what the rise in MSRP was on the exact build you ordered. If you changed anything on your build sheet between model years, it will not be covered. If your dealer adds an ADM, that is not covered.

Ford's email does not guarantee no price increase. It says you will not see an increase in MSRP on an equivalent vehicle.

Β· Price Protection Extension thru 2023 model year - We'll continue to offer price protection to all Bronco order and reservation holders (as of March 19, 2021) to ensure you will not see an increase in MSRP if you receive an equivalent 2023 model year Bronco.
MSRP, as I'm sure you are aware, is the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price. It is the price Ford suggests your dealer sells the vehicle at. MSRP is not the final selling price, it is up to your dealer to actually sell it at that price.

In addition, your "equivalent vehicle" actually doesn't exist any more thanks to HOSS 3.0. So you will never see the original $58k price. But if you didn't changed your order, you should be getting around $7000+ (probably a several hundred more) off the sticker price.

Regardless of exactly how much you get back... your dealer actually has to pass it on to you rather than playing dumb and screwing you over. Ford is doing their part, on the dealer to do theirs.
Exactly this. OP you need to have a serious discussion with your dealer. Ford has done their part.

Speaking from experience: I received price protection from Ford and it is legit near the price I would've paid in 2021. I didn't look it up, I'm just happy it was close (within a couple hundred probably).
Sponsored