Kristopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

It is nuts out there. And I definitely want everyone to get there order that has placed it before me. This whole “dealer allocation” is BS. If someone places their order in, they should be next in line, no matter what dealer they did it at.

The other thing that irks me is the people placing like 5 and 6 orders…

If it is any consolation, Toyota is no better. Shopping around for 4Runners also. 1+ year wait for a TRD Pro. The dealers seem mad when I even ask about getting one… so it isn’t just Ford.
I have a feeling part of this is preventing frustrated reservation/order holders from placing multiple orders at different dealers to try to get one sooner.
Sponsored

iBrad81

Badlands
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have a feeling part of this is preventing frustrated reservation/order holders from placing multiple orders at different dealers to try to get one sooner.
Agreed, but Ford brought that on themselves with their ridiculous allocation game to feed their big dealers and crap on the small dealer and ignore reservation holders all together

Djveks22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
Hopefully it means that Ford is really closer to the end of the line than we are seeing/believing (we want to believe, but have been hurt before) and that by the close of MY22 production that every order that they are cleared to have parts for (clean unscheduled) actually get built by end of Oct.

But, if even 1% of the original 190k res are still really constraint orders, and there are a lot of orders for fully loaded top of the line models out there, I have 5 or so constraints myself just because it's a 2 door manual w/ SAS & Mod bumper, that's more than a month's production, so waiting a month and trying to clear or schedule as many of those remaining orders makes sense.

But I'm hoping that Ford's statement that they intend to get through as many my22 orders as possible is (for once) true and we see the light at the end of the tunnel; including my Bronco.

Getting through the orders is good for Ford and allows Ford to increase prices without price protection; that's millions of dollars on future orders. I/we expect more price increases for my23 and getting rid of the "order list" allows Ford more control an future prices.

IF THIS HAPPENS THEN: shit-howdy-I'm-a-happy-camper knowing that my '22 Bronco will keep it's value for years to come. With high demand and the fact they keep raising prices, waiting up to and for some longer than 2 years to pay MSRP will be cheap by comparison to the next couple of price increases.
Are they just filling up to a dealers allocation or all orders (that are unscheduled clean”? Seems some dealers have like 20 allocations and like 150 orders?

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

too late!! i have my regular order from march 21, then changed to a 22 in oct 21, , then in Jan 22 i said WTH and ordered from a new dealer, and that Jan 22 order is scheduled Aug 8!! This might mean i get aan email in oct that the original is coming also!!

hemiblas

Wildtrak
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang gt, 3 Wrangler JLs
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Yep. Happening more than we know.

Sponsored

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Hopefully it means that Ford is really closer to the end of the line than we are seeing/believing (we want to believe, but have been hurt before) and that by the close of MY22 production that every order that they are cleared to have parts for (clean unscheduled) actually get built by end of Oct.

But, if even 1% of the original 190k res are still really constraint orders, and there are a lot of orders for fully loaded top of the line models out there, I have 5 or so constraints myself just because it's a 2 door manual w/ SAS & Mod bumper, that's more than a month's production, so waiting a month and trying to clear or schedule as many of those remaining orders makes sense.

But I'm hoping that Ford's statement that they intend to get through as many my22 orders as possible is (for once) true and we see the light at the end of the tunnel; including my Bronco.

Getting through the orders is good for Ford and allows Ford to increase prices without price protection; that's millions of dollars on future orders. I/we expect more price increases for my23 and getting rid of the "order list" allows Ford more control an future prices.

IF THIS HAPPENS THEN: shit-howdy-I'm-a-happy-camper knowing that my '22 Bronco will keep it's value for years to come. With high demand and the fact they keep raising prices, waiting up to and for some longer than 2 years to pay MSRP will be cheap by comparison to the next couple of price increases.
We would really like to think so. But Granger still has 900 orders and the vast majority (6-7-800?) of those are from October 2020 and earlier. They still have a ton of July reservation holders. Stephens and some of the other smaller dealers are the same way. We’re in the same boat with the 2 door as you. Super highly constrained 2 door badlands and the Granger effect.

It’s hard to say if the line has moved since our position has barely changed, we’re still like 170th in line. So to us, it’s still a disaster lol. But hopefully there’s truth to the COVP system and Ford can do that to prioritize what’s left and end this. They need to get on track and not have lines and be price protecting 3 year old orders. If we somehow don’t get ours before next August, that’s THREE YEARS! Either way, it benefits them to appease us and get this fixed. They look like the good guy by fulfilling the price protection and taking care of us and everyone is happy. We shall see.

Truthfully I’ve lost all hope and respect for Ford so thinking my wife is getting her Bronco as a 23’ feels like I’m lying to myself.

Tazn69Bronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford F-250, 1969 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I've read many of the responses. Not all but many. My take is I'm not mad they are putting on paper what they should have done from the beginning. This is just the reservation system in a different form! It's why we did it in the first place and it meant nothing obviously. They told us last year MY21 builds would get priority. How many of those are still unbuilt? Better yet why!?!

I have interest in getting into the order que for MY23 and plan on a long wait, but if they start sprinkling new orders into the old in just a few months like they did last year they will never catch up!

How many orders are actually built and just have to be finished due to supply chain issues and shipped? I haven't seen a post on that in a while. At one point that was over 30-50k

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You can’t do much on people placing more orders. They may genuinely want it.
allocation system is not BS. Basically it allocates more to people who have sold more historically-both successful and not so successful models.
it will be very foolish on fords part to throw away allocation system and start allocating to any dealer who runs mass campaigns (saying less than invoice or so) across nation just for a desirable product and get thousand times the number of orders than their allocation. In my opinion, those dealers should be blamed. That is not customer service - it is disservice.
Secondly, orders can be made according to part availability. If parts are not there , it simply cannot be made
By all means, lets rehash this argument again that has been beat to death for almost 2 years now...

Yes, the allocation system has its place. But Broncos were supposed be first come first serve. No mention of allocations or delivery will depend on how many units your dealer receives. The dealers offering discounts were playing within the Ford established rules at the time. Then, Ford slowly changed the rules to benefit the bigger dealers and subtly slipped in language to the faq to reinforce the fact.

August 2020:
Ford Bronco NO New Bronco Retail Orders When 2023 Order Bank Opens 9/12. Dealer Stock and Converted Previous Orders Only. Screenshot_20200802-221753

October 2020:
Ford Bronco NO New Bronco Retail Orders When 2023 Order Bank Opens 9/12. Dealer Stock and Converted Previous Orders Only. Screenshot_20201025-081005

broncoj11

Badlands
First Name
Trunks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier Pro 4X
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

By all means, lets rehash this argument again that has been beat to death for almost 2 years now...

Yes, the allocation system has its place. But Broncos were supposed be first come first serve. No mention of allocations or delivery will depend on how many units your dealer receives. The dealers offering discounts were playing within the Ford established rules at the time. Then, Ford slowly changed the rules to benefit the bigger dealers and subtly slipped in language to the faq to reinforce the fact.

August 2020:
Ford Bronco NO New Bronco Retail Orders When 2023 Order Bank Opens 9/12. Dealer Stock and Converted Previous Orders Only. Screenshot_20201025-081005

October 2020:
THANK YOU.

Sponsored

Planet_Express_IV

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

How many orders are actually built and just have to be finished due to supply chain issues and shipped? I haven't seen a post on that in a while. At one point that was over 30-50k
That quote of ~30-50k unfinished units was across the entire product range and not exclusively Bronco, so it's hard to know exactly how many of those are actually the Bronco if they don't tell us.

HieronymusLex

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mitsubishi Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I mean, I guess that is the only way to get one. It is basically what a Toyota dealer told me to do if I wanted a 4Runner TRD Pro, put deposits down at multiple dealerships.

There is nothing wrong with putting 2 and 3 orders down to see what comes faster because you really want it. I am talking about people making 5 and 6 orders to flip them all. Scalpers.

Arrowbear Rider

Base
First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Triumph Thunderbird Commander 1700
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Are they just filling up to a dealers allocation or all orders (that are unscheduled clean”? Seems some dealers have like 20 allocations and like 150 orders?
IDK, my first word in the post is Hopefully.

So I'm waiting about six weeks to find out, about the time that it should take to scheduled out MY22. I can choose to be bitter about the wait to date, or I can wait hoping that Ford saying [they are close enough to the end of the line] that they are expecting to clear out most of the MY22 orders will actually happen.

IDK, so I can only wait to see what happens. At this point I can see a small light at the end of the tunnel, even if it's just the fact that I know with in 6 or so weeks I should have an answer. It's not a bright light, but it's the only light I've seen, and dealer said a year and a half ago, that I'm waiting until Sept, Oct of 22 and here we are.

And so am I a fool to not worry if Ford is lying to us about finishing most of MY22 orders? Not counting 99'd and whatever has an order as unclean(?), many of us have recently checked and posted as being told that we are clean. So, I can only wait and save any disappointment for if there actually is another reason to be disappointed.

I hope(fully) that you get a pleasant surprise in the next few/six weeks and you get your VIN email, good luck to you.

ezapar

Wildtrak
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Wildtrak LUX
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So what's considered an "early reservation?" I feel like I might be on the cusp of not being in the early class. April 2021...

Jonny way

Everglades
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Diamond
Your Bronco Model
Everglades
Clubs

You dont think friends a family of people who work at dealerships not getting pushed ahead of other orders .
They certainly do. A local dealer by me in KC has multiple salespeople who have personally bought and sold Broncos. The sales manager told me he is on his fourth Bronco, and had driven the first three for a few months and sold them at a premium.
Sponsored