Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

. . The process is a mess and they aren’t fixing the basic issue of how they are handling it. But somehow I’m the bad guy because I’m frustrated with how it’s being handled. Perhaps . . anger would be better directed at Ford . . .
Most of this stress between people would disappear if Ford/MAP can do two things

A) STOP scheduling Out of Order

B) finally ramp production - ' a rising tide . . . '
- year ago they said MAP would ramp up and make 1,200 Broncos a day. Never happened. Production still 300-400 w many problems

Last week (July 31) Total U.S. Sales to date reached 100,000 Broncos - that's Total, from the beginning ! !
No wonder so many angry people. Still a rare commodity. Anyone has a Bronco is very fortunate. Total 100k to date is way below Ford's initial projection

. . have my regular order from March 21
. . then in Jan 22 ordered from a new dealer, and that Jan 22 order is scheduled Aug 8 . .
Here we go again
. . ? and who can blame you for playing the game that Ford created
Answer: No One
- no one can blame you

And how does your Jan 22 walk-in get scheduled ahead of your March 21 order ?

And how does your Jan 22 walk-in get scheduled August 8th ?
- ahead of tens of thousands early Reservations still left hanging ?

? is this why existing order people want Order Bank to stay closed ?
Sponsored

Last edited:

MnLakeBum

Outer Banks
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Range Rover Diesel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Yep. Happening more than we know.
I got impatient with my 7.20.20 reservation and placed a 2nd order(dropped MIC, modular, and Sasquatch) at the same dealer in December 2021 and took delivery only 123 days later. When I take delivery of my original Bronco sometime next year, my adult daughter is buying the soft top one I’m driving currently.

I don’t blame customers adapting to the Ford allocation model and placing a 2nd or 3rd order. Customers will always adjust their buying habits as Ford continues to change the rules. Bottom line is I still don’t have the Bronco I want as a first week reservation holder. Maybe that will change in the next six months.

The funny part is the main feature I wanted was the MIC top for our brutal MN winters and by the time I take delivery my last MN winter will likely be over. We’re wintering in Florida for 6 months each year starting next fall.

BrotaryEngine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I mean, I guess that is the only way to get one. It is basically what a Toyota dealer told me to do if I wanted a 4Runner TRD Pro, put deposits down at multiple dealerships.
Toyota operates differently from Ford. There's no such thing as a custom order with Toyota.

Toyota dealers/distributors can send in a pretty-please-with-sugar-on-top request for a certain build, but there's no guarantee Toyota will build it. Ultimately, Toyota builds and ships whatever they want to.

There is nothing wrong with putting 2 and 3 orders down to see what comes faster because you really want it.
I'd agree with that, as long as you cancel the other orders when the first one gets scheduled. To do otherwise would keep allowing greedy dealers to continue charging ADMs and also continue to delay other people from getting their custom orders.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Toyota operates differently from Ford. There's no such thing as a custom order with Toyota.

Toyota dealers/distributors can send in a pretty-please-with-sugar-on-top request for a certain build, but there's no guarantee Toyota will build it. Ultimately, Toyota builds and ships whatever they want to.

I'd agree with that, as long as you cancel the other orders when the first one gets scheduled. To do otherwise would keep allowing greedy dealers to continue charging ADMs and also continue to delay other people from getting their custom orders.
I have zero inside information of how Toyota operates, I do know I've ordered three (over 9 years) and got exactly what I ordered in a timely matter. My dealer never gave any indication that it was hit and miss, or that I may get a similar vehicle, he simply took my order and called me when it arrived. Are you with Toyota in some capacity?

HieronymusLex

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mitsubishi Lancer
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I understand that. I mean, that works for Toyota because you are ordering a TRD Pro, you get a TRD Pro (no real customizations options, they are all the same for the most part). That would not work so well for the Bronco because of the amount of customization options, it seems Ford intended for these to be ordered.

I am bringing up Toyota to speak to the dealer allocation part which is similar. Some dealers may only get allocated one or two TRD Pros for the whole year (they can trade with other dealers but, lets be real, that aint happening right now or, like you said, beg Toyota for an extra). In Fords case, some dealers may only be getting allocated one or two Wildtraks (part constraints aside). If you are 3rd in line, chances are, you are waiting until next MY. So you are putting orders in multiple dealerships because I may be 3rd in line at ABC Ford but, I am 2nd in line at XYZ Ford. Correct me if I am wrong on that.

Sponsored

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They certainly do. A local dealer by me in KC has multiple salespeople who have personally bought and sold Broncos. The sales manager told me he is on his fourth Bronco, and had driven the first three for a few months and sold them at a premium.
Owners are doing the same ,a local dealership had 2 first FE in its show room and I was told they was not for sale because they belong to the owner and a month later I saw for sale sigh on the 2 door FE for 90k

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I’m not asking for sympathy. Never once. I also said I’d be fine waiting in the back of the line. What I was asking is how someone at the back of the line threatens someone at the front? And how does building a model that can be built now hurt those that can’t get built due to restrictions? Please clarify how not accepting orders makes parts magically appear. They can shut it off for two years- it won’t make those at the front of the line have more parts than adding people at the end. If your point is that you should get yours first- duh. No one is disagreeing with you.
Because they're are builds that can currently be made. If they open order banks to

I agree, no issue with multiple orders if others are canceled when 1st build is scheduled if there's no plan to purchase. If others are not canceled that takes away restrained items from others builds that have been waiting months or years.

Djveks22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
Base
IDK, my first word in the post is Hopefully.

So I'm waiting about six weeks to find out, about the time that it should take to scheduled out MY22. I can choose to be bitter about the wait to date, or I can wait hoping that Ford saying [they are close enough to the end of the line] that they are expecting to clear out most of the MY22 orders will actually happen.

IDK, so I can only wait to see what happens. At this point I can see a small light at the end of the tunnel, even if it's just the fact that I know with in 6 or so weeks I should have an answer. It's not a bright light, but it's the only light I've seen, and dealer said a year and a half ago, that I'm waiting until Sept, Oct of 22 and here we are.

And so am I a fool to not worry if Ford is lying to us about finishing most of MY22 orders? Not counting 99'd and whatever has an order as unclean(?), many of us have recently checked and posted as being told that we are clean. So, I can only wait and save any disappointment for if there actually is another reason to be disappointed.

I hope(fully) that you get a pleasant surprise in the next few/six weeks and you get your VIN email, good luck to you.
Do they send out emails on weekends? Maybe I should relax on weekends…

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
B) Finally ramp production - ' the rising tide . . . '
- year ago they said MAP would ramp up and make 1,200 Broncos a day. Never happened. Production still only 300-400 w many problems
MAP isn't capable of that level of Bronco production. Max combined production is around 6k a week and close to a 60/40 split between Bronco and Ranger. If I remember right, the target number was about 550 Broncos per day.

I'm not sure even the F150 plants are capable of 1200 units a day.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
MAP isn't capable of that level of Bronco production. Max combined production is around 6k a week and close to a 60/40 split between Bronco and Ranger. If I remember right, the target number was about 550 Broncos per day.

I'm not sure even the F150 plants are capable of 1200 units a day.
F-150 is, we currently run about 600 per shift with 2 shifts a day. When we had tag relief we were running close to 700 per shift. But yeah, not possible with running the Ranger as well.

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You can’t do much on people placing more orders. They may genuinely want it.
allocation system is not BS. Basically it allocates more to people who have sold more historically-both successful and not so successful models.
it will be very foolish on fords part to throw away allocation system and start allocating to any dealer who runs mass campaigns (saying less than invoice or so) across nation just for a desirable product and get thousand times the number of orders than their allocation. In my opinion, those dealers should be blamed. That is not customer service - it is disservice.
Secondly, orders can be made according to part availability. If parts are not there , it simply cannot be made
I disagree. Ford said they wanted to build a brand around Bronco and they even rewarded dealers for building Bronco specific showrooms so why shouldn't we applaud these enthusiastic dealers for trying to build brand loyalty instead of the typical "I can get you into that Explorer today" clueless dealer bullshit. Ford changed the rules and screwed over both the helpful dealers and tens of thousands of enthusiastic early adopters.

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

Jjt24

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided

JuztQu3zt

Outer Banks
First Name
jhanny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 camaro 2ss
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm tired, tired of waiting again, tired of hold on the phone, tired of hearing again and again "my order is constrained, we cant chip the brain, 2 door is too hard, we are sitting on thousands of cars...
Atleast you get some sortve detail all I get is clean unscheduled lol
Sponsored