First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
So my wife ordered in 21, converted to 22 but did not use reservation...does this mean hers will get built this year or one of the first built 23 models, before new 23 orderers?
Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I’m not sure truthfully, but I know if you order wasn’t part of COVP you had almost no chance of getting your Maverick this year.

Basically it works like this:
  1. You submit an order. When you submit an order you provide a copy of your driver’s license.
  2. If your name/address matches the name/address on the order, the dealer can submit the order for COVP verification.
  3. If approved, Ford assigns that order a priority code less than 10. Priority codes less than 10 can only be assigned my Ford themselves. (Lower the number the higher the priority.)
  4. COVP orders are given priority over non-COVP retail orders.
There is a requirement in the COVP program than dealers must sell a certain percentage of COVP orders to customers who placed the original orders (I think its 70%). If they do not, dealers can lose allocation. So to ensure customers are serious about ordering a Maverick, many dealers are requiring non-refundable deposits to anyone who places a COVP order, and many are requiring the customer passes a credit check so they can actually purchase the vehicle when it arrives.

They should have done this with the Bronco from the start. They would not be in the position they are today. :cautious:

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They should have done this with the Bronco from the start. They would not be in the position they are today. :cautious:
They tried with the Bronco reservation system.

Unfortunately Mach-E and Bronco order holders got to be the guinea pigs. Ford took what they learned on those two vehicles and built much better systems for the Maverick and an ever better system for the F-150 Lightning.

Sponsored

BAUS67

Base
First Name
redneck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 5.0 LX, 08 F-150 Stepside, 22 Expl Timberline
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

They tried with the Bronco reservation system.

Unfortunately Mach-E and Bronco order holders got to be the guinea pigs. Ford took what they learned on those two vehicles and built much better systems for the Maverick and an ever better system for the F-150 Lightning.
I guess I have missed this info. Been too busy watching everyone else enjoying their ride to find it buried in here somewhere.

Yes1Please

Black Diamond
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, Kia Sportage
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

And none of this means anything if your dealer is out of allocations for 2022 correct?

Bifftws

Base
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Z06 corvette, 2021 Ranger, BMW 328i manual
Your Bronco Model
Base
This needed a new thread for everyone to notice! Multiple people on here and Facebook that work at ford places have said this! Name of “ford store owner” colored over for their privacy in case it matters since it wasn’t posted here.

62F30FAD-1701-4A40-8906-A2109FFE3922.jpeg

74FBF9E6-D596-4417-9BFF-6AC61C2DE59D.jpeg

C8511086-E34E-4B3E-B486-BDCC84FCFD36.jpeg
This doesn't mean crap. Ford still can't build and ship trucks at a rate that early reservation holders who are still waiting will get get a truck before the end of the year. Even if they opened the banks they would be behind reservation holders and earlier dealers orders on an identical build, if and only if the dealer they have the order with a dealer who can get allocations. Bigger dealers will get later reservations holders or later dealer orders faster than us early reservation holders at dealers with lower allocations. Until Ford actually prioritizes reservation and order date over the allocation formula we are going to get pushed back and delayed until 2023 or later. Does not affect when you are getting your Bronco one bit, your Bronco isn't getting here any faster by not taking new orders.

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

This makes sense. I hate that it makes sense. I want to complain about something. Where is 66? Can someone please argue with me.
Seriously. I’ll drop a $5000
Deposit if Ford gets rid of of all the bs orders. So that means I’ll be giving my 5 dealers that I have orders with $1000. LOL

Sponsored

Letagoavs710

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
This was the only answer from the beginning, this better be true. Ford also better drop this 🐴 💩 allocation 💩 and stop punishing the Grangers etc of the world. Build what you have and fix this mess you created once and for all.

DaveInSA

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I’m not sure truthfully, but I know if you order wasn’t part of COVP you had almost no chance of getting your Maverick this year.

Basically it works like this:
  1. You submit an order. When you submit an order you provide a copy of your driver’s license.
  2. If your name/address matches the name/address on the order, the dealer can submit the order for COVP verification.
  3. If approved, Ford assigns that order a priority code less than 10. Priority codes less than 10 can only be assigned my Ford themselves. (Lower the number the higher the priority.)
  4. COVP orders are given priority over non-COVP retail orders.
There is a requirement in the COVP program than dealers must sell a certain percentage of COVP orders to customers who placed the original orders (I think its 70%). If they do not, dealers can lose allocation. So to ensure customers are serious about ordering a Maverick, many dealers are requiring non-refundable deposits to anyone who places a COVP order, and many are requiring the customer passes a credit check so they can actually purchase the vehicle when it arrives.
This dealer here said* COVP orders don't follow the typical allocation system either. They're actually served in order of placement regardless of dealer allocation.

* drink... I swear you're not drunk occifer

AK007

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting my Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was given the same info when I asked my dealer to 99 my order. " You can place it on a 99 if you like to prevent it from scheduling. Any 22MY orders not scheduled will convert to 23MY. We have been advised that the modular hard tops will be a tightly constrained commodity so we cannot guarantee the customer will be able to get that option.... You will see online that the order banks are to open on Sept 15, but that is for "early order holders" only... not for the general public. "

I think my sales person meant the 12th. I really want the mod top and if I waited this long I might as well press pause for a month until the order banks open to get it.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I want this to be true

But...I just don’t see this happening, @Ford Motor Company fisted everyone of us who placed a order/reservation at small dealerships. This would basically mean all the small dealers would finally get their orders/reservations built...it throws the big dog allocation scheme out the window.

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford Bronco NO New Bronco Retail Orders When 2023 Order Bank Opens 9/12. Dealer Stock and Converted Previous Orders Only. 1659758267475
Sponsored