Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think the 3 seats in the Explorer will be the big draw to those folks that want a "baby Bronco", but can't use it because of the limited seating. Wow, sounds like I know exactly what I'm talking about. However, don't be fooled, I'm just guessing. :)

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
On the day day we find out MAP is about to go on a 2 week shut-down, Ford has announced Explore will compete against the Bronco Sport. Feels like they are spreading their models thin vs consolidating. Why release the Sport and confuse the public about the Bronco if they were going with a 4 wheel Explorer? https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/05/for...erline-as-it-expands-off-road-suv-lineup.html
Completely different vehicle. Explorer is a large SUV compared to the small Sport. An Escape Timberline could maybe steal a few sales, but not the Explorer. This is a Subaru play.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
On the day day we find out MAP is about to go on a 2 week shut-down, Ford has announced Explore will compete against the Bronco Sport. Feels like they are spreading their models thin vs consolidating. Why release the Sport and confuse the public about the Bronco if they were going with a 4 wheel Explorer? https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/05/for...erline-as-it-expands-off-road-suv-lineup.html
Every one of Ford's competitors has a small SUV and a Mid-Size, and most have a few of each...so it's not like Ford is creating this. A lot of people may see a pic of the Sport and go in and realize how petite it looks, and walk over to the Explorer.

Bronco is completely different from either one...no one realistically shopping Bronco see either the Sport or Explorer as being similar, because they are not...

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

They're not in competition with each other tho....the Sport is based off the Escape. Totally different classes of SUV. The addition of the Timberline trim to the Explorer just gives them both a little soft-roading ability.

Sponsored

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ford announced plans in 2019 or 2020 to make a bigger Ford Escape with a third row. Now THAT would be competing with themselves and it seems like a ridiculous and pointless idea. A stretched Escape sounds very unappealing. Hope they scrap it.

BrentC

Badlands
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Sport, 2021 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OP
OP
Razorback

Razorback

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I just don't see the Explorer as large SUV at all. Yes an SUV vs crossover, but not sure it's that big of a difference than a Sport. Unless the Explorer is bigger than the one we traded in for a Tahoe. Guess it would have taken too long to have designed the Sport like other vehicle models that let buyers decide if they want 2 rows or 3 rows like the Palisade or what ever. Then you consolidate your models vs people having to choose one model over another then decide do I want 4 wheel drive, etc... Just like decisions to be clean. Of course given the price and looks, I would take the big Bronco no question.

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Not much cross shopping there in my mind. I like it, but probably wouldn’t pay the premium about the soft road version. Even our 2017 does awesome in the snow and dirt roads.