First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon
Your Bronco Model
Base
I read somewhere on the forum that a member couldn't find the instructions on how to install the Ford OEM Trailer Tow Wiring kit. Well, I bought the Ford hitch and was looking around for a deal on the Ford wiring harness, and found the manual. Surprisingly, at least to me, is that it's 18 pages long, and the installation requires splicing and other modifications to the wiring. It seems more difficult than the Curt and Tekonsha units which are partial plug-and-play. (Note that there are separate Curt and Tekonsha kits for LED and Halogen taillights. If you have have halogen tail lights, look for the Tekonsha 118867 or Curt 56471)
Sponsored

Attachments

guyparker

Base
First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'71 Bronco, '21 Base Sas & '22 Big Bend Sas 4-drs
Your Bronco Model
Base
Dumb question here, but how can you tell if you have the halogen taillights or the LED? There are two different Curt wiring harnesses. My sticker says "Headlamps LED". I have a Base Sasquatch and going to add the Curt hitch.

SunnDogg

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Raptor, 1976 Bronco & 1969 Mach 1
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Dumb question here, but how can you tell if you have the halogen taillights or the LED? There are two different Curt wiring harnesses. My sticker says "Headlamps LED". I have a Base Sasquatch and going to add the Curt hitch.
Page 10 of the instructions above show you how to identify which rear tail lamps you have.