Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wildtrack 2DR MIC OW, 2014 KTM RC8R
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I used the scrap pieces that were trimmed off as reinforcement for the upper part of the flap. Also used the metal clips to tie everything together.

IMG_6852.JPG

IMG_6855.JPG

IMG_6854.JPG

IMG_6856.JPG

IMG_6853.JPG
I'm in the same boat as you. Rear go on WT no prob, front need trimming. And additional sipport.
Sponsored

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
So, I put on the front mud flaps this evening on my 2DR WT. They needed trimming and anchoring up top. I used two 3" pieces of right angle hardware, the ones with the holes already drilled and countersunk in them. Bent them a little. And used stainless steel allen hardware. It's a rock solid solution and way more sturdy than I would have imagined. The metal brackets really help. I'll paint all the hardware Later, probably Saturday. Snow be damned!!

Ford Bronco Ford OEM Mud Flaps / Splash Guards trimmed to fit OBX Sasquatch with side steps JPEG ima

Ford Bronco Ford OEM Mud Flaps / Splash Guards trimmed to fit OBX Sasquatch with side steps JPEG image 2

Ford Bronco Ford OEM Mud Flaps / Splash Guards trimmed to fit OBX Sasquatch with side steps JPEG image 3

Ford Bronco Ford OEM Mud Flaps / Splash Guards trimmed to fit OBX Sasquatch with side steps JPEG image 4

Ford Bronco Ford OEM Mud Flaps / Splash Guards trimmed to fit OBX Sasquatch with side steps JPEG image 5

Ford Bronco Ford OEM Mud Flaps / Splash Guards trimmed to fit OBX Sasquatch with side steps JPEG image 6

OP
OP

OBSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63, F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So, I put on the front mud flaps this evening on my 2DR WT. They needed trimming and anchoring up top. I used two 3" pieces of right angle hardware, the ones with the holes already drilled and countersunk in them. Bent them a little. And used stainless steel allen hardware. It's a rock solid solution and way more sturdy than I would have imagined. The metal brackets really help. I'll paint all the hardware Later, probably Saturday. Snow be damned!!

Ford Bronco Ford OEM Mud Flaps / Splash Guards trimmed to fit OBX Sasquatch with side steps JPEG image 6

Nice job! Black hardware will look great. So much nicer that you only have to trim the sides and not cut a hole for the steps

Roll Sound

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Nice job! Black hardware will look great. So much nicer that you only have to trim the sides and not cut a hole for the steps
Totally! Silly we can’t just get OEM ones from Ford that fit the different trims.

Sponsored

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I followed the thread where someone trimmed the flaps to fit their rock rails and figured it would work on the steps too. Apologies in advance because I didn’t plan on making a post so the pics are all after installing.

It’s not complicated. Just measure/template over and over and over before sweating profusely and making a cut. I used a dremel with cutting wheel and it worked fine. Cut a little at a time because you can’t actually measure exactly where you need your cut when the step is holding the flap off of where it actually mounts. Also measure each side independently. We tried to shortcut by mirroring the passenger side to the driver and it is not even close.

The rears need to have the top 3 holes redrilled or oblonged on the flap so they line up with the existing holes in the bumper. The bottom 2 need new holes drilled or punched in the bumper. I was able to get it done with the tire on by punching a hole and running one of the original self tapping screws from the mini flap but should have just taken them off.

This isn’t a permanent solution for us but it keeps the paint protected until a nice aftermarket solution comes out.
Do you have a link to these mud flaps? For whatever reason I can't find them on their site.

Garcia

Outer Banks
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Cyber orange
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I followed the thread where someone trimmed the flaps to fit their rock rails and figured it would work on the steps too. Apologies in advance because I didn’t plan on making a post so the pics are all after installing.

It’s not complicated. Just measure/template over and over and over before sweating profusely and making a cut. I used a dremel with cutting wheel and it worked fine. Cut a little at a time because you can’t actually measure exactly where you need your cut when the step is holding the flap off of where it actually mounts. Also measure each side independently. We tried to shortcut by mirroring the passenger side to the driver and it is not even close.

The rears need to have the top 3 holes redrilled or oblonged on the flap so they line up with the existing holes in the bumper. The bottom 2 need new holes drilled or punched in the bumper. I was able to get it done with the tire on by punching a hole and running one of the original self tapping screws from the mini flap but should have just taken them off.

This isn’t a permanent solution for us but it keeps the paint protected until a nice aftermarket solution comes out.

Ford Bronco Ford OEM Mud Flaps / Splash Guards trimmed to fit OBX Sasquatch with side steps IMG_9282

Ford Bronco Ford OEM Mud Flaps / Splash Guards trimmed to fit OBX Sasquatch with side steps IMG_9282

Thank you so much for sharing I took a look at your pictures and I installed my front mud flaps the same way as you
Did ! I was done in one and half hour. And really happy with the results

B97E7D60-CA25-4AD4-A0FE-A05B43107503.jpeg

0BFB4A8A-3222-4772-BB54-B2E7F60370E6.jpeg

4F85F858-49A4-4552-AD5C-2945982AAFC1.jpeg

FCE71D53-EB2F-4407-AE69-2E5C7A88317F.jpeg

4B378CE2-AF48-4391-8763-4A02B8B774F8.jpeg

RJWhit

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape 2015 50th Anniversary Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Thank you so much for sharing I took a look at your pictures and I installed my front mud flaps the same way as you

Ford Bronco Ford OEM Mud Flaps / Splash Guards trimmed to fit OBX Sasquatch with side steps 4B378CE2-AF48-4391-8763-4A02B8B774F8

Ford Bronco Ford OEM Mud Flaps / Splash Guards trimmed to fit OBX Sasquatch with side steps 4B378CE2-AF48-4391-8763-4A02B8B774F8

Sponsored

RJWhit

Outer Banks
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Escape 2015 50th Anniversary Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Type "running board modification" in the search bar , top right.
Just reverse the tube step.
Did mine and guards will be delivered Wed.

OP
OP

OBSquatch

Outer Banks
First Name
Shaun
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
C63, F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

You’re welcome! You did an amazing job on your cuts and with the clips it looks OEM. Your pics are inspiring me to order another set and clean up the hack job on the driver side. Great job.

jhm66

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 King Ranch
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Did a similar mod as the OP since I had to cut a hole to accommodate the running board. Photos don't show a close up but I used a clamp device to clamp the Sasquatch fender to the mudflap bracket because I didn't want to drill a hole in the fenders.
Ford Bronco Ford OEM Mud Flaps / Splash Guards trimmed to fit OBX Sasquatch with side steps IMG_9619.PNG

Ford Bronco Ford OEM Mud Flaps / Splash Guards trimmed to fit OBX Sasquatch with side steps IMG_9620.PNG

Ford Bronco Ford OEM Mud Flaps / Splash Guards trimmed to fit OBX Sasquatch with side steps IMG_9609
Sponsored