Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'99 4runner, '10 Town & Country
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Update: Within four minutes of texting my sales advisor I was out, he called me and said make a counter offer and so I did - a minuscule amount. I know what a comparably equipped Jeep costs (at least $6k more) and I don't like to "bite off my nose.... " as the saying goes. About thirty minutes after that, sales advisor called me back again and said the whole $10k markup was a mistake and they removed it all. What they wouldn't take out is a $2,500 Advantage program which is the usual over priced high profit crap like fancy wax and fabric protection, roadside assistance, nitrogen filled tires, etc, etc. So with tax and everything else we're about $3k over original numbers. I'll live w/ that.

AS an aside, they were even discussing refunding the $10k to other customers that paid it.
Good! Make sure to update your original post so people aren't still sharpening their axes

OP
OP
contented

contented

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2 Competition
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

SavSqch

Banned
Wildtrak
Banned
Banned
First Name
Savas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As someone who is openly shopping for a Bronco offering 10k ADM, this post makes me sick to my stomach.

I am sorry OP that this has happened to you.

I hope you someday can get a Bronco when you have let the sting of a crappy experience wear off.

:(

bgcfman

Wildtrak
First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Honda Accord, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As long as I've been a member here I've watched others express outrage over surprise dealer markups. Well, today It's my turn. Ford of Clermont, a small local dealer was purchased last month by the Morgan Auto Group which, if I'm correct, has 50+ stores in Florida. Late last week I caught a whiff that they were surprising order holders w/ substantial markups at delivery. My wife went on line and found multiple negative reviews about these markups.

Our Bronco is supposed to arrive next week, although it hasn't been shipped yet. After requesting, I received my closing numbers this morning. The short story is my out the door price has been increased about $16.5k from original documents. About $1,500 of that is an increase in sticker price from when I ordered. So the surprise increases are about $15k comprised of several different line items and the tax on them.

So I called Ford Bronco Support Team this morning. The story there is I don't qualify for any sticker price protection and although they don't like and wish dealers wouldn't do it, there is absolutely nothing they can do about ADM. I've read here some folks have gotten help from Ford, but there was none for me.

As BB King used to sing, "The Thrill is Gone". Surprisingly, I'm not angry, just very disappointed and tired. I'll request return of my $500 deposit and move on. NEVER, EVER another Ford. A Jeep 4 dr Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon may be in my future.

I'm in my early 70's and one thing I don't have is unlimited time. Eight months into this and who knows how long to get a Jeep. So my Bronco internet friends, I'm out. It is what it is.

BTW, I will probably sell a brand new Rough Country Winch mount for the mod bumper and a brand new J-Tops bimini w/ pale blue and white flag. Oh, and a decal which says "This is not my husband's Bronco". :)

Take care. Contented

Update: Within four minutes of texting my sales advisor I was out, he called me and said make a counter offer and so I did - a minuscule amount. I know what a comparably equipped Jeep costs (at least $6k more) and I don't like to "bite off my nose.... " as the saying goes. About thirty minutes after that, sales advisor called me back again and said the whole $10k markup was a mistake and they removed it all. What they wouldn't take out is a $2,500 Advantage program which is the usual over priced high profit crap like fancy wax and fabric protection, roadside assistance, nitrogen filled tires, etc, etc. So with tax and everything else we're about $3k over original numbers. I'll live w/ that.

AS an aside, they were even discussing refunding the $10k to other customers that paid it.
I got mine from Mullinax in Apopka. Zero mark ups and no add on dealer fees. Sorry this has been difficult. In addition Mullinax gave us 32K on our Wrangler Sahara, which we bought 3 years earlier for 36.

Sponsored

HeyItsABronco

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 PowerBoost, 2022 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I hate to hear that they put you through that process, but unfortunately this is the “Ford” we are dealing with. At least they changed their path and did you right and you got your Bronco.

It will be a cold day in Death Valley before we special order another Ford, and we may very well be done with them over this entire launch and their dismissive handling of Bronco buyers.

B4E0B40F-9C4F-42DB-86EE-AA7D5662E936.jpeg

WLDCATR

Wildtrak
First Name
KW
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wld '22 - 23 SQ8 AUDI
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As long as I've been a member here I've watched others express outrage over surprise dealer markups. Well, today It's my turn. Ford of Clermont, a small local dealer was purchased last month by the Morgan Auto Group which, if I'm correct, has 50+ stores in Florida. Late last week I caught a whiff that they were surprising order holders w/ substantial markups at delivery. My wife went on line and found multiple negative reviews about these markups.

Our Bronco is supposed to arrive next week, although it hasn't been shipped yet. After requesting, I received my closing numbers this morning. The short story is my out the door price has been increased about $16.5k from original documents. About $1,500 of that is an increase in sticker price from when I ordered. So the surprise increases are about $15k comprised of several different line items and the tax on them.

So I called Ford Bronco Support Team this morning. The story there is I don't qualify for any sticker price protection and although they don't like and wish dealers wouldn't do it, there is absolutely nothing they can do about ADM. I've read here some folks have gotten help from Ford, but there was none for me.

As BB King used to sing, "The Thrill is Gone". Surprisingly, I'm not angry, just very disappointed and tired. I'll request return of my $500 deposit and move on. NEVER, EVER another Ford. A Jeep 4 dr Wrangler Rubicon Xtreme Recon may be in my future.

I'm in my early 70's and one thing I don't have is unlimited time. Eight months into this and who knows how long to get a Jeep. So my Bronco internet friends, I'm out. It is what it is.

BTW, I will probably sell a brand new Rough Country Winch mount for the mod bumper and a brand new J-Tops bimini w/ pale blue and white flag. Oh, and a decal which says "This is not my husband's Bronco". :)

Take care. Contented

CONGRATS!!

negativezero

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I was SO pissed for you, and was offhand gathering up my pitchforks and torches by the time I had made it to your update on page 2.

Relieved you're getting this suitably taken care of.
Don't tell my dealer, but if I drive off with even the flimsiest of dealer tack-on crap I'll consider that a win.
If I escape at MSRP + document feels, it'll feel like a heist. I can't believe we're saying that.

swami37

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Ford F-1 and 2020 F150 FX4
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Glad it worked out for you

RHeinz

Badlands
First Name
Ric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1950 Willys CJ3A, 2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
State laws are different. However, leaving a $500 deposit (in some States) constitutes your agreement to their original sales proposal.

Sponsored

Lifeliberty

Base
First Name
Moonbeam👀
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93CBR900RR, (prior)88 Bronco Manual 4.9L str 6
Your Bronco Model
Base

I was just about to say "MAY THEY BURN IN HELL",

but im glad it worked out for everyone. This is a better way forward for the world

sniffHound

First Name
W
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's BURN IT DOWN! 6G Unite

I was SO pissed for you, and was offhand gathering up my pitchforks and torches by the time I had made it to your update on page 2.

Relieved you're getting this suitably taken care of.
Don't tell my dealer, but if I drive off with even the flimsiest of dealer tack-on crap I'll consider that a win.
If I escape at MSRP + document feels, it'll feel like a heist. I can't believe we're saying that.

Tataman

Black Diamond
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Chevy suburban
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sounds to me that someone got a lawyer or News team involved. I am glad that the price got down to a point that you could agree on.
I love how they do these things that are blatant money grabs.

Nitrogen filled tires...

On a vehicle that is expected to be aired down and up regularly...

I would have a really hard time restraining myself from questioning his intelligence. Loudly. In the lobby.
You and I think a like. I hate bully’s and those with unethical business practices. I once let many choice words fly at a dealership and it was amazing how quickly they got things figured out. I felt bad the next day, but I had a new car at the price that they originally agreed to. Really sucks that the sales dept made me resort to yelling.

Heffe66413

Outer Banks
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I’m glad it worked out for you but once a crook - always a crook! I hate it when any business tries to screw a person.

rayhil67

Black Diamond
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sahara 2006 hummer H3
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Ford ceases ownership at gate code check. From there the shipping company owns the vehicle. Ford has authority over future allocation of dealer orders,
I like this guys channel and I think he pretty much sums it up here

I do think in time a lot of dealerships will be going under and not just ford
Sponsored