Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

@Mattwings Ok, with synthetic line if it breaks it drops straight down. Actually it’s non eventful, simply drops straight down like spaghetti. Synthetic is the way to go, lightweight but more expensive.

@wvmtneer
@BHShaman
And how you guys can tell from a still photo that a winch is actually pulling the vehicle is beyond me. That is them setting up.

Anything else I can help you guys with?
What about if a shackle, hook, etc. breaks and becomes a projectile straight towards you, or if lines break and the jeep runs you over.
Do you know anything about statics or dynamics? A tight rope/cable still has energy even if winch is idle. I also so not trust a rope dropping straight down, i’d still have a blanket over it.

Would you like to know any other hazards?
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
What about if a shackle, hook, etc. breaks and becomes a projectile straight towards you, or if lines break and the jeep runs you over.
Do you know anything about statics or dynamics? A tight rope/cable still has energy even if winch is idle. I also so not trust a rope dropping straight down, i’d still have a blanket over it.

Would you like to know any other hazards?
Oooo now your playing the “what if” game to sound smart. Ok you win, and I will even give you a like on your post.

Hooks should never be used in the first place, but you go right ahead. I use soft shackles so you go ahead and use the hard ones if you like.

I know about statics and dynamics, I am a degreed civil engineer.

I was just sharing a photo on the thread showing how off-roaders take care of another.

wvmtneer

Banned
First Edition
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Hooks should never be used in the first place, but you go right ahead. I use soft shackles so you go ahead and use the hard ones if you like.

I know about statics and dynamics, I am a degreed civil engineer.
I am against steel shackles and hooks as well. Can you show your soft shackle and winch rope setup, and if you use an additional rope/strap etc. to connect the winch rope to a vehicle or tree.

Serious question about snatch blocks. Do you use them? If so, are they metal or another material, and do you take preventative measures to make sure it doesn’t become a projectile if something happens?

I’m also a degreed(and licensed) civil engineer.

BuckinT29

First Edition
First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa 4C Spyder, Ducati V2, BMW X1
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Wtf is wrong with people leaving the spare factory and upgrading the rest?
Sponsored