Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Silver lining: from what I understand this was the “soft” reveal and there were probably some special trims/ upgrades we may not have seen until the full reveal ...
I would honestly be surprised if we saw any real special trim levels in the first year anyway. Maybe they would give hints or teaser info, but I am doubtful they would be available until they had cranked out tens of thousands of XLTs first.
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
We sure agree on Bronco color. I'm guessing that's Boxwood Green on your avatar; I'd Love to see that on MY2021.

Carmaker1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE 4dr (His), '22 Bronco 7MT (Mine)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Yeah, it seems far too late in the program to halt it completely. All the R&D is done and paid for, there's no reason not to produce what they have.

What *could* be affected is future high performance version or special editions where the R&D isn't finished. Same for a second generation or mid-cycle refresh.
Not quite. Yes, engineering sign-off has already been done. However, certain work still remains. Tooling trials, pilot production, approval for Job 1, development of staggered variants.

There is no work underway for next generation model nor is mid-cycle MCA version is full swing.

You really have to wait and see to a degree, committing to any mid-cycle changes. Otherwise you're generally not responding to marketplace demand or issues.

2022, 2023 and maybe some 2024 programs, are what could be affected a smidgen. Case in example, updated fullsizers and new Super Duty.

I'm very worried about the 2021-22 MY the most. '23+ is really just mid-stage development or design approvals right now.

We can't effectively test prototype vehicles in our driveway. Anything longer than a few weeks and Bronco launch can easily slip into MY 2022. No joke.

Walnut

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
old ass beater
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We can't effectively test prototype vehicles in our driveway. Anything longer than a few weeks and Bronco launch can easily slip into MY 2022. No joke.
I can't wait that long. While a new vehicle is the last thing we should be worried about now, I think I can speak for this forum: "****! What a disaster!"

Silver lining, dealers are giving JLs away right now

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Not quite. Yes, engineering sign-off has already been done. However, certain work still remains. Tooling trials, pilot production, approval for Job 1, development of staggered variants.

There is no work underway for next generation model nor is mid-cycle MCA version is full swing.

You really have to wait and see to a degree, committing to any mid-cycle changes. Otherwise you're generally not responding to marketplace demand or issues.

2022, 2023 and maybe some 2024 programs, are what could be affected a smidgen. Case in example, updated fullsizers and new Super Duty.

I'm very worried about the 2021-22 MY the most. '23+ is really just mid-stage development or design approvals right now.

Might be wishful thinking. But I feel confident Fords time lines and production dates will stay on track. The hype and anticipation is huge at this point. Anything less will be perceived has as Ford dropping the ball. I completely understand the unveiling be delayed due to the virus. But rest assured life will go on, with or without the virus.

Last edited:

Sponsored

FirstOnRaceDay

Base
First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic, 19.5 Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Base
Silver lining: from what I understand this was the “soft” reveal and there were probably some special trims/ upgrades we may not have seen until the full reveal in June at NAIAS. This may force them to just reveal it all at once which I’d be fine with.
some companies and organizations are pushing stuff back to MAY now. At that point ford may as well just do one big shibang! Bronco Bronco sport and hell why not the new F150... then hint at the Bronco Truck and Baby Ranger coming in a couple years. Do it all up at once. One big YUGE show. That will boost stocks.

Dads_bronze_bronco

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 JKUR / x_x 00 TJ x_x
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

If it slips to 2022, I am likely leasing a JT or JL. I am over 150k miles on the JK, and at the point of keeping it as a toy to build / tow hog and getting a car, or replacing it after my son graduates next spring and the college payments go away. Another year is too long.

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

If it slips to 2022, I am likely leasing a JT or JL. I am over 150k miles on the JK, and at the point of keeping it as a toy to build / tow hog and getting a car, or replacing it after my son graduates next spring and the college payments go away. Another year is too long.
I'm really hoping for 2021. But will survive if it's 2022. as my Jeep Wrangler just turned 40k. Not so sure if my 16 year old son will feel the same way, as he gets the Jeep when I get the Bronco. Lol.

North7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SUV
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Hello Team Ford: We understand why you had to cancel/delay the Bronco Reveal, however, can you please do something to help keep your Media fans and Bronco Customers engaged?
Looking at your number one competitor for the Bronco, Jeep, they have announced the following to maintain their customer engagement:
Jeep Pulls Out of 2020 Easter Jeep Safari, But Will Still Introduce Concepts
FCA has announced that it will not be attending the 2020 Easter Jeep Safari, which was set to take place over nine days starting April 4. Jeep has been a staple participant throughout the years, using it to showcase wild and much-beloved concept vehicles.

It’s not all bad news though as Jeep will still be debuting the concepts originally planned for their reveals at EJS. The date and location have yet to be determined.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/je...eep-safari-but-will-still-introduce-concepts/
It would be much better to keep your Bronco customers engaged discussing features, functions, upgrades, tires, anything, but toilet paper, PLEASE HELP!!!
Can we at least get a little more drip going to the leak faucet?

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro