Sponsored

Bronco.Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Mustang
Ford has told us employees that "non-essential" employees are to work remotely from home if possible. Those of us in the manufacturing plants are still working (for now). I imagine production tooling is still being installed in that case. Last I heard, conveyors were currently being installed in the body shop, likely to carry the finished bodies to the paint dept.
Sponsored

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I personally do not like the limited reveal , in this circumstance, but considering how the UAW leaked the Bronco about 18 months early .... their choices are probably limited, considering how many people are already frustrated.
I hear'ya...and I like the raffle ideas. But reality is the 'market' they need is FAR bigger than the frustrated 6g members...especially if they're banking on 100,000-odd units/year. I'd guess - like for any of us - their crystal ball view of the next few months is pretty murky. And while WE are anxious, Ford has a lot more skin in the game than we can imagine.

Tslater1989

Badlands
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 f150, 2016 explorer, 97 f150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
They should have a heavy equipment crew set up a track at ford field...nfl isnt using it... thenbecause of the 250 limit imposed on gatherings. Have 150 reporters, 40 camera operators and crewmembers, then drivers, presenters, stage crew. Boom. Reveal it jumping over a mound on one side and climbing a rock mountain on the other. One in the middle doing hurricane turn donuts.

Stampede.Offroad

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
junk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Given that the release day was next week, I would assume all this is already done. So why not just do it?
Not all of it would be done yet. Maybe half. They were counting on the media folks to come in with their own cameras and recorders to gather stuff and put it together in their own style and words. Now Ford has to gather all the A and B roll for them, and their in house proofing process will be longer (for a variety of reasons), in addition to distributing it and still giving the media types time to take that all in and redo it in their own format as well.

I would expect at week or two to gather material and do the groundwork, then at least a couple days in the hands of the recipients to review it and formulate questions. Follow that with their video conference or whatever to get some questions answered (this could be particularly slow or drawn out since you have a hundred people or whatever wanting to ask questions), and at least a couple days for the recipients to put all that together how they want for their audiences. You're looking at about 3-4 weeks delay, best case scenario.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

With a tanking economy caused by freaking panic they may table this thing for a while. Why are the media and the state fanning the flames of panic and hysteria? Nov 2020 maybe....
Probably August

chtucker

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Seems irrational that they would halt a billion dollar project. Unless there are supply constraints or manufacturing employee shortages, I would imagine that production will go on as scheduled.

The reveal will be rethought and rescheduled.

Just my guess

Jalisurr

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'09 Corvette Z06, '97 Mitsubishi Pajero Evo
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Yeah, it seems far too late in the program to halt it completely. All the R&D is done and paid for, there's no reason not to produce what they have.

What *could* be affected is future high performance version or special editions where the R&D isn't finished. Same for a second generation or mid-cycle refresh.

Rogues Gambit

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ram Rebel, '07 A4 Quattro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Yeah, it seems far too late in the program to halt it completely. All the R&D is done and paid for, there's no reason not to produce what they have.

What *could* be affected is future high performance version or special editions where the R&D isn't finished. Same for a second generation or mid-cycle refresh.
I'm sure it will, BUT to me, always OEM+ and aftermarket to fix things up

Jeeps have America's Most Wanted 4x4 for Hemi swaps, sure we'll have things for when we're still paying off our 2.3 and 2.7's and there's a Tremor Boss 302

ExJPR

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jp rubi
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Referencing what was said before about an online reveal: Here is an example of a Facebook ONLY show which has (as per their page) 2.4 MILLION followers (Mike Rowe-Returning The Favor). I suspect Ford will ALSO do Digital but sooo many (OLDER ?) execs have a hard time embracing newer technology so they cling to their old way of doing things. By the way, I am also on that "older" side of things...just saying LOL
@ReturningTheFavor
2.4M followers

Sponsored

Top Mach

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands,1969 Ford Mustang Mach 1,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hate to say it, but the reveal needs to be delayed until the media is available to report on another story. Like it or not, this is the biggest story in the land. Ford is wise to delay because there is nothing worse than launching a new product that many people would miss or forget about soon after. We are in the minority as far as needing more information to keep us satisfied . I for one would be reading these threads on my death bed. Being a NY Jets fan has conditioned me to consume the promise of the “off season” rather than the reality of the actual season. Sort of like what is happening here. There is still enough time before production is slated to begin to have a reveal that will build interest and excitement that won’t be lost in the news cycle. Don’t kill me on the Jets comparison.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hate to say it, but the reveal needs to be delayed until the media is available to report on another story. Like it or not, this is the biggest story in the land. Ford is wise to delay because there is nothing worse than launching a new product that many people would miss or forget about soon after.
True, although we could use a distraction, I don't think most people are in celebrate mode right now.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Silver lining: from what I understand this was the “soft” reveal and there were probably some special trims/ upgrades we may not have seen until the full reveal in June at NAIAS. This may force them to just reveal it all at once which I’d be fine with.

Carolina Jim

Black Diamond
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco 2-door
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Bummer on the delayed reveal. But I get why Ford is doing it.
I'd guess the 'reveal' was intended to include an explanation of trims and ballpark pricing. All those decisions already in the can were made based on anticipated demand and projected unit sales. Hard to say if or how many of those projections will be reevaluated in light of a more uncertain 2021 economy.
Sponsored